OT: Sumlin will be exposed as a corch this year

Crazy how he had 3,5 star qb recruits. Now he is with Oklahomas sloppy seconds. He will get fired after this season. Tom Herman will be next head coach at A&M

That's an interesting hypothetical. They'd probably throw a ton of money at Herman but I actually bet he'd turn it down if he's remains a hot commodity. There are a billion better places to live than College Station and despite their membership in the greatest conference in all the land, there will probably be bigger and better programs after him. Or he just sits there and waits for ol Urb to get another migraine and retire in Columbus too.

Advertisement
Sumlin best qbs have all been 3 stars or lower. I think Bradford was a 3 star recruit. Maybe he should get back to that. And those 5 stars weren't impressive for A&M any way.

Advertisement
Maybe. With whom do you replace him?

8-4 giving up 50 plus to LSU's offense at home. Does he survive?

Always the question. If you are going to make it move you better have a better plan in place. I started this thread over two years ago and they've been status quo since. Your point is very valid as there isn't the no brainer hire. One name that could and key word is could be underrated is Sonny Dykes at Cal

Maybe. With whom do you replace him?

8-4 giving up 50 plus to LSU's offense at home. Does he survive?

Always the question. If you are going to make it move you better have a better plan in place. I started this thread over two years ago and they've been status quo since. Your point is very valid as there isn't the no brainer hire. One name that could and key word is could be underrated is Sonny Dykes at Cal

Dykes is a worse coach than Sumlin. Why would you do that replacement?

He survives simply because of his contract.
He's due $5 million an year into 2019.
His buyout? TA&M has to pay the entirety of his contract. Basically he's guaranteed his entire salary.
He leaves now and thats 15 million thrown away.

Advertisement
Literally every Coach in D-1 football is a "Corch" to y'all if they don't go undefeated & win the Natty every single year Lol...

to an extent with the Miami fanbase yes. In this case, Sumlin has had plenty of time, plays in the SEC with arguably the best facilities in the country as prime location for recruiting. On top of that, Texas state's premier power is down and the other schools in Texas are underperfoming as well. He's had multiple 5 star QB's transfer and while his recruiting classes are stellar he's done very little outside of the Johnny Football years and was unable to build off of those two years.

Preach.

He's doing as well as anybody can do at that job.

Maybe they try to snag Chad Morris or Larry Fedora down the road, but Sumlin is doing a good job.

I've got no clue what happened with those 2 QBs transferring, but I'm not sure either of them will do anything at their new schools.

Literally every Coach in D-1 football is a "Corch" to y'all if they don't go undefeated & win the Natty every single year Lol...

to an extent with the Miami fanbase yes. In this case, Sumlin has had plenty of time, plays in the SEC with arguably the best facilities in the country as prime location for recruiting. On top of that, Texas state's premier power is down and the other schools in Texas are underperfoming as well. He's had multiple 5 star QB's transfer and while his recruiting classes are stellar he's done very little outside of the Johnny Football years and was unable to build off of those two years.
You're not wrong... But I don't think he's a Corch.

He's a fantastic recruiter & even after losing all those 5-star QB's, look at his current class... Not to mention, he's about to snag former 5-star Bama CB Sheffield from JUCO, something really only a few programs could do, considering the dire need for CB's in College Football.

He doesn't deserve to be fired, because he's in the West... The Saban effect has absolutely distorted the reality of being a HC in the SEC, particularly in the West.

Firing Sumlin would be a mistake for TAMU... I don't think they will, but if they did, they would suffer for awhile for it.

That's not a job that's going to land some new hot shot HC candidate & then suddenly turn into a title contender.
It's trap job, it looks better than it actually is...

Preach.

Maybe they try to snag Chad Morris or Larry Fedora down the road, but Sumlin is doing a good job.

I've got no clue what happened with those 2 QBs transferring, but I'm not sure either of them will do anything at their new schools.

He's a fantastic recruiter & even after losing all those 5-star QB's, look at his current class... Not to mention, he's about to snag former 5-star Bama CB Sheffield from JUCO, something really only a few programs could do, considering the dire need for CB's in College Football.

He doesn't deserve to be fired, because he's in the West... The Saban effect has absolutely distorted the reality of being a HC in the SEC, particularly in the West.

Firing Sumlin would be a mistake for TAMU... I don't think they will, but if they did, they would suffer for awhile for it.

That's not a job that's going to land some new hot shot HC candidate & then suddenly turn into a title contender.

Baylor is supposedly getting Chad Morris per today's telecast.

fair points and think if he's a consistent 10-2 guy the Bama effect comes to fruition. He's won 8 games in the 3 seasons without Johnny and that's the concern for Aggie fans. They play Bama once a year and still find ways to lose at least 2 games a season that are head scratchers with all of the resources they have in their favor. agree with you that don't think he will be fired either but certainly has not earned what they are paying him for what he is working with.

Advertisement
Hadn't heard that. But that's a really good fit for both parties.

Morris will do well at that job, IMO.

Preach.

Baylor is supposedly getting Chad Morris per today's telecast.

fair points and think if he's a consistent 10-2 guy the Bama effect comes to fruition. He's won 8 games in the 3 seasons without Johnny and that's the concern for Aggie fans. They play Bama once a year and still find ways to lose at least 2 games a season that are head scratchers with all of the resources they have in their favor. agree with you that don't think he will be fired either but certainly has not earned what they are paying him for what he is working with.

I remember when TAMU thought that firing R.C. Slocum was a good idea, they thought he was underachieving. How did that decade of mediocrity turn out? Sumlin is a solid coach, but there aren't that many guys that can consistently do better than what Sumlin is doing at TAMU, and those guys are all in better jobs. If you are going to upgrade, you better have an obvious one, you don't make a lateral move, knowing full well Sumlin is going to get 15 million to sit at home.

Preach.

They need to go after s top d cord . He's not a bad coach

Advertisement
Sumlin is a good coach but far from great. TAMU shouldn't fire him unless they really have a great candidate.

aTm has a lot of rescources but they're still 2nd fiddle in Texas.

made this thread 3 years ago and TAMU still won't have me on their board of trustees.....

Advertisement
Back