OT: Sugar Bowl and Playoffs

Advertisement
No forward pass was attempted but the offensive lineman ran par the line of scrimmage and as he was getting tackled he just lateraled the ball forward.
I’m saying that wasn’t a lateral , it was a forward pass behind the los. As if the qb threw it or a halfback pass. Illegal man down field is another story. Not sure just wondering if that’s what the refs were thinking or if i‘m missing on another rule. I know an OL touched the ball but it was behind the los.

Last edited:
You can’t fumble the ball forward on 4th down nor lateral the ball forward at any time. Dude literally threw the ball forward. Illegal forward pass which would negate the targeting, IMO.

Which would STILL be a replay of down though, right?

Picked up 2 pick 6's and Michigan got jobbed out of a TD.
I don’t view that as jobbed. Secondly Michigan got a lot of calls including a bs completion that wasn’t reviewed then they scored. They also got a horrible late hit call to give them a conversion.

Advertisement
OSU would put up 60 on TCU. Remove the pick 6's that McCarthy served up; remove the failures inside the 5 that Michigan ****ed up. I hope to god they don't win tonight. UGA would at least be methodical in their suffocation of TCU and make it seem closer until the second half...

I am even fine if the do like the NBA, Flagrant 1 and 2, depending on the severity. Targeting 1 carries no suspension or ejection, Targeting 2 does.
Targeting was originally put in pace to stop kill shots with the crown of your helmet. Now it’s turned into something else. It’s ok for a ball carrier to drop his helmet and truck you with the crown of Their helmet but if they both drop it the defender gets kicked out. Like all the other rules it favors the offense. Launching with your crown is different from what happened the last play.

Advertisement
location of turnovers makes a massive difference. Michigan looks like Miami and couldn't score from the 1 twice. Execution of something as small as snap, Or hand offs got them beat
Michigan's TOs were back breaking. 2 pick 6s alone usually is a nail in the coffin but the 3rd at the 1 yard line going in after one of TCU's turnovers was also huge. Michigan does have an argument on that first review tho. Thought that was a TD by the naked eye and on the replay showing him blobbing the ball when his knee first hits. It is what it is tho. I thought Michigan would just out physical and out talent TCU but they actually got handled for much of the game.

OSU would put up 60 on TCU. Remove the pick 6's that McCarthy served up; remove the failures inside the 5 that Michigan ****ed up. I hope to god they don't win tonight. UGA would at least be methodical in their suffocation of TCU and make it seem closer until the second half...
Good teams don’t throw multiple pick sixes, that’s a takeaway by the defense. It’s called “forcing a turnover”. Tcu won how Michigan won all year.

Michigan's TOs were back breaking. 2 pick 6s alone usually is a nail in the coffin but the 3rd at the 1 yard line going in after one of TCU's turnovers was also huge. Michigan does have an argument on that first review tho. Thought that was a TD by the naked eye and on the replay showing him blobbing the ball when his knee first hits. It is what it is tho. I thought Michigan would just out physical and out talent TCU but they actually got handled for much of the game.
The physical tough team got out physicaled and out toughed. They lost at their own game.

Advertisement
Good teams don’t throw multiple pick sixes, that’s a takeaway by the defense. It’s called forcing a turnover.

Agreed. TCU did a **** of a job tonight. I'm just getting the feeling that they shot their wad tonight and it's not sustainable for another game, especially against a team that's even more talented than Michigan. Hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see TCU win it.

This. Michigan has gotten good calls too. The Td play was debatable but it was early in the game. If you give up 50 points you need to throw all excuses out the window. On top of that they were on the inch line and fumbled so I have no pity for them. Tcu has been the better team all game.
exactly. The only time this whole thing truly works that way is on the last play of a game …..like a **** call at a fiesta bowl with Miami and ohio taint

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back