OT: Sugar Bowl and Playoffs

Advertisement
But if it's targeting, isn't it first down Michigan? It happened while the ball was live.
It was a definite targeting but the guy also forward laterals the ball to the guy that ended up getting targeted so it would’ve been offsetting play and game over, I believe it maybe a replay of down, which Michigan clearly didn’t deserve

They’re frauds. They were a huge favorite and got best from the first drive on. Tcu was the better team today. Last year they got their door blown off. They’re the new Oklahoma.
TCU played more of a clean game. Not sure they're the better team, though they played winning football TODAY..

Advertisement
It was a definite targeting but the guy also forward laterals the ball to the guy that ended up getting targeted so it would’ve been offsetting play and game over, I believe it maybe a replay of down, which Michigan clearly didn’t deserve
That's what I thought too

Advertisement

I don't think that was illegal. With that said, definitely a replay of the down.

With how good TCU is this year good old Sark at Texas better be in playoffs next year or he'll get fired

Was it a forward lateral or just considered a pass? The ball never went past the los and a pass hadn’t been attempted …..or am I tripping ?

Sooooo…TCU belongs in the CFP but gives up 45 points. I understand what great teams are less and less. Fun game to watch, yes. Exciting, yes. Is this outstanding football…Im not so sure.

Advertisement
I don't think that was illegal. With that said, wouldn't it be offsetting penalties and replay the down?
You can’t fumble the ball forward on 4th down nor lateral the ball forward at any time. Dude literally threw the ball forward. Illegal forward pass which would negate the targeting, IMO.

Was it a forward lateral or just considered a pass? The ball never went past the los and a pass hadn’t been attempted …..or am I tripping ?
No forward pass was attempted but the offensive lineman ran par the line of scrimmage and as he was getting tackled he just lateraled the ball forward.

Advertisement
Sooooo…TCU belongs in the CFP but gives up 45 points. I understand what great teams are less and less. Fun game to watch, yes. Exciting, yes. Is this outstanding football…Im not so sure.
Yet people want a 12-16 game playoff lol. We’re struggling to find four really good teams that belong

You can’t fumble the ball forward on 4th down nor lateral the ball forward at any time. Dude literally threw the ball forward. Illegal forward pass which would negate the targeting, IMO.

Why can't a player throw a forward pass?

Advertisement
Back