OT: So Two LSU players shot and kill a man

Advertisement
19702301_100775670574309_8123442498501613402_n.jpg

That's the kid who pulled a gun on Clyde. He was buying the Fiesta Bowl PS4 from him and instead of paying him pulled a gun.

And here is what comes up on Google street View when you put the address of the shooting in:

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.511...4!1soY7iIpTzWcVore3jlcFHDw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Advertisement
Not necessarily fair in any direction but this thread is probably more a discussion of how the story would be/is covered when this stuff goes down in the SEC vs how it would be if it went down at Miami or even USC as opposed to a discussion of the actual events of the shooting.

I'm fairrrrrly certain the thrust of the coverage would be about our players having guns and not whether the shooting was justified. Rick struggling on the field would make it even easier to question if he's lost "control" of the program as the clowns would somehow tie the antics of our QBs to players having guns and some "bigger picture" of issues at Miami.

Advertisement
Not necessarily fair in any direction but this thread is probably more a discussion of how the story would be/is covered when this stuff goes down in the SEC vs how it would be if it went down at Miami or even USC as opposed to a discussion of the actual events of the shooting.

I'm fairrrrrly certain the thrust of the coverage would be about our players having guns and not whether the shooting was justified. Rick struggling on the field would make it even easier to question if he's lost "control" of the program as the clowns would somehow tie the antics of our QBs to players having guns and some "bigger picture" of issues at Miami.

I think even if this was Miami players, it's a non-story if they have a permit for the firearms. They'd probably try to poke about how there is a NCAA violation in some part of this though.

I think even if this was Miami players, it's a non-story if they have a permit for the firearms. They'd probably try to poke about how there is a NCAA violation in some part of this though.
Dream on, dude. If this was Miami players, they would have already been kicked off the team and possibly kicked out of school.

Advertisement

At best. But even then the spin would probably involve crime in Miami (the city).

Advertisement
At best. But even then the spin would probably involve crime in Miami (the city).

I see a lot of questions:

1. Do you allow your players to own firearms?
2. How long was the investigation? 10 minutes?
3. Did they have permits?
4. The person shot was in the back seat? How do you move fast enough to turn around, shoot an alleged assailant, when he’s in the backseat holding a gun on you?
5. Why do you take a gun with you to buy a PS4?

Baton Rouge is a very shady place. Good thing they were LSU players! This just doesn’t smell right.

Advertisement
Back