OT - Ryan Newman Survives NASCAR crash (edited)

No judgement, just one question. Have you seen a race in-person, up close? I took a few people down to pit road this weekend, and it transformed their perspective. Doesn't mean they are experts, but they have a completely new appreciation that you can't get from watching on TV.
Live in Charlotte, been to the Coca Cola and the BofA, been on Pitt road, worked at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the Speedway club, know drivers, know people who work on teams. Still cannot stand the sport.

Advertisement
Live in Charlotte, been to the Coca Cola and the BofA, been on Pitt road, worked at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the Speedway club, know drivers, know people who work on teams. Still cannot stand the sport.

I didn't say it was 100%. But at least you've experienced it, and your conclusions are your conclusions.

I've known plenty of people who enjoy it a lot more after having been up-close.

Fair enough. Agreed.

Also the Richard Petty experience at Talladega is craziness. Can’t imagine doing 195+ in a rush hour pack of 40.

View attachment 112087
Everything slows down at those speeds. Crazy but true.
So I have been told.
Have never been there, but perception in my mind is heightened, and just to imagine Ryan sliding on the roof is amazing...
Hope he recovers with no after effects.

Somewhat random sidetrack...

I did a tour of the Daytona International Speedway for a daddy-daughter day last year with my little angel. It was INCREDIBLE!! I was blown away at how much we both enjoyed it. We did the full tour and I want to say it was less than $20 each. Phenomenal time and memories her and I will always cherish. Most Floridians I know have never done the tour, so figured I'd mention. Awesome way to spend an afternoon.

Advertisement
Did't know we had a few NASCAR fans on here. Thankful he is alive, that was one of those wrecks that just looked and felt different. I was worried for him until I read the update and sighed relief. That was a nasty one.
What else are football fans to do in the off-season?.... Sit here and watch recruiting?... Listen to all the "Hot Takes" that never are hot?

Crazy!
7587FB51-C985-4526-B16D-E54FCBA7BF7A.jpeg

Advertisement
So nothing broken wonder if he will get cleared to race this weekend.

Just curious what is the fastest anyone has been in street cars on an interstate/ Me about 155 mph a number of times. I have had a number of 5.0 Mustangs.

Somewhat random sidetrack...

I did a tour of the Daytona International Speedway for a daddy-daughter day last year with my little angel. It was INCREDIBLE!! I was blown away at how much we both enjoyed it. We did the full tour and I want to say it was less than $20 each. Phenomenal time and memories her and I will always cherish. Most Floridians I know have never done the tour, so figured I'd mention. Awesome way to spend an afternoon.
Did the track tour years ago. Was great.

Just curious what is the fastest anyone has been in street cars on an interstate/ Me about 155 mph a number of times. I have had a number of 5.0 Mustangs.

If he doesn’t have a concussion...... His *** will be racing.

Advertisement

When I was young and stupid I hit 145 on a GSX-R 750. Probably 120 or so is tops in a car for me. For some reason, I feel safer at high speeds like that on a bike than I do in a car. I quit riding bikes when my kids were born though.

Blaney did nothing wrong. The only thing wrong is NASCAR continuing to use restrictor plates when they could easily run the road course.

And yes I have been to Daytona seen everything race there from the SuperBikes to Supercross to all the NASCAR series. Been to Vegas, Texas and Dega to see them run also.
Blaney spun him out. I'm kind of shocked very little has been said about it.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
Doesn't change the fact that he spun him out.

Go Canes!!!!!!!
You need to understand NASCAR to know that Blaney did nothing wrong and the wreck was a product of the type racing they do at Daytona and Talladega. These wrecks happen several times a race at these speedways. I am pretty sure Blaney was feeling pretty bad about it all.

Advertisement
Back