OT: Robert Burns has big day at UConn

I remember back when Jimmy Johnson took over…Burns and Patchan were two holdovers from Schelly. They were two guys who got it immediately. Amazing to see them still playing all of these decades later.
I thought they got recruited by Saban and got RS'd their first year and got a Med RS the second and then Schnelly took over ??? No??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
I thought they got recruited by Saban and got RS'd their first year and got a Med RS the second and then Schnelly took over ??? No??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I think that was accurate. When I was at Miami I worked part-time at the Alumni House getting donations. I remember looking at a yearbook that was there, from that time period and I'm sure Patchan and Burns were there in the first row. These were part of what got Miami going as a program - it's just cool that they have the drive to keep playing from the Carter Administration onwards.

I believe that they have received special exemptions from the NCAA annually.

But we're being told to wait 3-4 years for Mario to turn it around due to a "lack of talent."

Mario doesn’t call plays on either side of the ball, never has. He’s a program builder not an innovator.

We all thought Gattis and Steele could pull together the roster into something respectable. Outside of MTSU and FSU, the defense has more than done their part. That offense though :(

So in year 2, expect a very strong move to bring in an OC who fits the program. I guarantee you Mario is already looking. We’ll be crazy active in the portal too.

Just need to have patience.

Want to see what great coaching is? Look at UCONN and Jim Mora...they have literally a bottom 3 college roster and have played a tough schedule. Bowl eligible now after defeating a really good #19 ranked Liberty team....UCONN hasn't been to a bowl game since 2015....let that sink in.
Fvckin Mario and staff need to step it up

Fck a toilet bowl game.. Mario got bigger plans for this program.

Advertisement
Carl Selmer actually discovered them.
Here's Burns going up the middle in one of his early games.
1668355038261.png

Hard to make out, but true freshman Patchan is taking part of a goal-line stand here.

1668355132192.png

I had some vodka in me last night, but did they say Stetson Bennet is about to turn 26 last night?? He’s getting up there with Weinke.

Advertisement
Jokes aside, love to see this kind of stuff for kids that were super injury prone but kept/were able to keep grinding. At worst they get to kinda finish their college football careers on their own terms rather than having to medically "retire". It's probably better for their mental health long-term.

Fck a toilet bowl game.. Mario got bigger plans for this program.
Fvck a losing season...and that is whats happening year 1...Fvck all that.
If you say that Mario has done a great job...then you are even more delusional.
These coaches got teams with much worse talent and are kicking ***....no **** excuses and they can have more than us. Fact

Fvck a losing season...and that is whats happening year 1...Fvck all that.
If you say that Mario has done a great job...then you are even more delusional.
These coaches got teams with much worse talent and are kicking ***....no **** excuses and they can have more than us. Fact

Lol how you crying about a “losing season” but hyping up a 6-5 UCONN team?? :jordan:

F55F4DD1-297E-47F8-B928-77679DEBFF18.gif

Advertisement
Want to see what great coaching is? Look at UCONN and Jim Mora...they have literally a bottom 3 college roster and have played a tough schedule. Bowl eligible now after defeating a really good #19 ranked Liberty team....UCONN hasn't been to a bowl game since 2015....let that sink in.
So you don’t need 5 stars at every position just to have a winning record?

Did 2 20 leg ML parlays with heavy favorites and Liberty was on both. Thanks Burns you jackass….nah but good for him.
Bruh, I had a parlay with TCU/UNC/LSU ML plus USC -34 spread and the Miami/GT under 44.
Could’ve won 400$ with my 10$ bet. Almost broke my TV after the 4th down roughing the passer!

Advertisement
Bruh, I had a parlay with TCU/UNC/LSU ML plus USC -34 spread and the Miami/GT under 44.
Could’ve won 400$ with my 10$ bet. Almost broke my TV after the 4th down roughing the passer!
I wanted to throw like 500 in Miami ga tech under so glad I didn’t do it.

He had a nice run. Happy for the kid.

I hope he can stick a role in the NFL, maybe something similar to Connor Heyward of the Steelers.

Video should start on RB's big play:

But Mario knows exactly what it takes to win here, because he played here 30 years ago.

I think that was accurate. When I was at Miami I worked part-time at the Alumni House getting donations. I remember looking at a yearbook that was there, from that time period and I'm sure Patchan and Burns were there in the first row. These were part of what got Miami going as a program - it's just cool that they have the drive to keep playing from the Carter Administration onwards.

I believe that they have received special exemptions from the NCAA annually.

*NCAARP

Advertisement
Back