OT- RIP Hank Aaron

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine being all roided up and thinking the pressure you were feeling as you were disgracefully attempting to "break" the HR record was great when Hank Aaron got non-stop and credible death threats. Almost as bad is how they used Maris' son as a prop during it too.

But I digress. RIP to the rightful holder of that record.

Advertisement
Imagine being all roided up and thinking the pressure you were feeling as you were disgracefully attempting to "break" the HR record was great when Hank Aaron got non-stop and credible death threats. Almost as bad is how they used Maris' son as a prop during it too.

you did digress.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just look at the back of his baseball card (or baseball reference page). The guy was so good for so long. Just absolutely stupid numbers. A guy with that much power having more BB than K? And if you took away all of his HRs, he still has over 3k hits? Monster. Legend. There aren't enough words to describe him.

My uncle was at his 715 game. He drove to Atlanta and the only game he was able to get tickets to was game 2 of their 3 game set vs Dodgers.

He said he prayed that he didnt hit one the day before lol... he still has the ticket framed and a program he bought as a souvenir

Didn't Hank even say that he wasn't sure the guy who ran onto the field who ended up patting him on the back wasn't going to try and hurt him?

Didn't Hank even say that he wasn't sure the guy who ran onto the field who ended up patting him on the back wasn't going to try and hurt him?
I'm almost certain he did and was even going to mention it but I wasn't 100% sure. I know at minimum there was absolute concern from the Braves bench that those guys might be running at him with bad intentions.

Advertisement
Back