OT: Restaurant and Food Thread

motorcitycane

Senior
What is the best restaurant that you have ever been to?

From 5 stars to Food trucks.....

What was the actual meal you had?

Can be anywhere in the U.S. or the world. That you highly recommend if given the opportunity.

I’ll start best overall experience was tastings at Alinea when I was living in Chicago.

My favorite steakhouse (I haven’t been to many) so far is SW steakhouse in Vegas for the Japanese Wagyu.

Favorite hole in the wall joint was somewhere in “Carytown” in Richmond, VA. Can’t recall the name of the spot. It didn’t look like much walking past it. But once you got inside and ate the food was amazing.

I travel a lot and pretty much always have since the military.

Miami
Big fan of Prime 112 and RED whenever I’m in Miami. (Y’all might know some better spots) but I love those two.

Love La Carreta and Versailles as well.

Shoutout to Chef Creole that spot was straight low key.

Outside the U.S.
I went to this Japanese BBQ joint in Shibuya, Tokyo. Really wish I could remember the name. That was too fire.

Rio De Janiero
I’m down here like 4-5 times a year to see my childhood friend who retired from the NFL. Been going down there since he moved to Rio a few years ago.

The ORO restaurant in Leblon is one of my favorites.

Churrascaría Palace in Copacabana
Straight fire.

Aprazível in Santa Teresa
Dope ambiance. Dope food just a great experience overall.

Overall:
Brazil has some pretty good food. I know many of the Europeans go down there complaining. I thought it was solid.

My boy done convinced me to move to Brazil. It’s became my second home. Women are a plus. Language a little tougher than Spanish but I’ll get there.

Bangkok
Sirocco Rooftop Restaurant. This was unforgettable. Just the setup as whole. Bangkok has so many rooftop restaurants and pools but this was the best one that I remember and the service was incredible too.

That’s about it for me. My 27 years on this planet has been cool but I want to see and experience some more restaurants.

CIS what y’all got?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Japan:

If you are ever in Japan you have to stop and try the Ramen shops there. I went last summer and it was amazing some of the best food I have ever had!

IMG_0583.JPG

What is the best restaurant that you have ever been to?

From 5 stars to Food trucks.....

What was the actual meal you had?

Can be anywhere in the U.S. or the world. That you highly recommend if given the opportunity.

I’ll start best overall experience was tastings at Alinea when I was living in Chicago.

My favorite steakhouse (I haven’t been to many) so far is SW steakhouse in Vegas for the Japanese Wagyu.

Favorite hole in the wall joint was somewhere in “Carytown” in Richmond, VA. Can’t recall the name of the spot. It didn’t look like much walking past it. But once you got inside and ate the food was amazing.

I travel a lot and pretty much always have since the military.

Miami
Big fan of Prime 112 and RED whenever I’m in Miami. (Y’all might know some better spots) but I love those two.

Love La Carreta and Versailles as well.

Shoutout to Chef Creole that spot was straight low key.

Outside the U.S.
I went to this Japanese BBQ joint in Shibuya, Tokyo. Really wish I could remember the name. That was too fire.

Rio De Janiero
I’m down here like 4-5 times a year to see my childhood friend who retired from the NFL. Been going down there since he moved to Rio a few years ago.

The ORO restaurant in Leblon is one of my favorites.

Churrascaría Palace in Copacabana
Straight fire.

Aprazível in Santa Teresa
Dope ambiance. Dope food just a great experience overall.

Overall:
Brazil has some pretty good food. I know many of the Europeans go down there complaining. I thought it was solid.

My boy done convinced me to move to Brazil. It’s became my second home. Women are a plus. Language a little tougher than Spanish but I’ll get there.

Bangkok
Sirocco Rooftop Restaurant. This was unforgettable. Just the setup as whole. Bangkok has so many rooftop restaurants and pools but this was the best one that I remember and the service was incredible too.

That’s about it for me. My 27 years on this planet has been cool but I want to see and experience some more restaurants.

CIS what y’all got?

Thats an awesome list. Alinea would be awesome to go to. I watched Grant Achatz episode on chef table, incredible. I have been to a bunch of great/really good restaurants but don't even want to name them after this lol. I would love to go to china and japan one day.

Advertisement
Best fancy: Foie gras Xiaolong Bao from Sky on 57 at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore

best casual upscale: porterhouse and fries from Doe’s Eat Place in Little Rock

Best budget: Sliders from Greens hamburgers in Farmington Hills, MI

Steak au poivre at Okeechobee Steakhouse WPB

Jetty's swordfish at Jetty's Jupiter

Yellowtail almondine at U-Tiki Jupiter

Potato leek soup at Le Metro Bistro (closed)

Lamb shank at Grampa's Dania

Prime rib benedict at Jan's Place Jensen Beach

Any catfish at Catfish House Hobe Sound

Catfish house so good

The food out here in Colorado is TRASH. Its like when you had pot luck at work and to be nice you ate karens unseasoned food, but out here youre paying $25 a plate for it. The best restaurant I've found in colorado springs ins 503west. Asian fusion joint with a amazing pork belly noodle bowl.

For peel and eat shrimp breakers in nsb is my favorite. Good burgers too. Downtown Orlando it's little Saigon restaurant. My pops took me here when I was little and I dont know if the food is super fire or its the nostalgia but I've never gotten anything I was disappointed with. Corn fritters and rock shrimp at dixie crossroads in Titusville are bomb too.

And last but certainly not least baggs produce on the corner of 46 and sanford Ave has boiled peanuts that would make you slap your momma and then every other momma in sanford. I'm drooling just thinking of them bad boys.

Advertisement
Thats an awesome list. Alinea would be awesome to go to. I watched Grant Achatz episode on chef table, incredible. I have been to a bunch of great/really good restaurants but don't even want to name them after this lol. I would love to go to china and japan one day.

Haha nah man name em......we got posters listing some dope places here.

They don’t have to be fine dining. **** best food I had in NY came from a food truck in Manhattan. Being 100% serious.

Japan and China (well Hong Kong anyway) are super dope. Complete culture shock but cool nonetheless.

Best fancy: Foie gras Xiaolong Bao from Sky on 57 at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore

best casual upscale: porterhouse and fries from Doe’s Eat Place in Little Rock

Best budget: Sliders from Greens hamburgers in Farmington Hills, MI

- Foie gras? Might try that if I get get over there.

- Never been been to Little Rock. Might give that a try on a road trip.

- Metro Detroit huh? I might slide past there next time I go home to visit family. Just for the experience.

Advertisement

Oh please believe I’m saving this for next time I come to a Canes Game.

The food out here in Colorado is TRASH. Its like when you had pot luck at work and to be nice you ate karens unseasoned food, but out here youre paying $25 a plate for it. The best restaurant I've found in colorado springs ins 503west. Asian fusion joint with a amazing pork belly noodle bowl.

For peel and eat shrimp breakers in nsb is my favorite. Good burgers too. Downtown Orlando it's little Saigon restaurant. My pops took me here when I was little and I dont know if the food is super fire or its the nostalgia but I've never gotten anything I was disappointed with. Corn fritters and rock shrimp at dixie crossroads in Titusville are bomb too.

And last but certainly not least baggs produce on the corner of 46 and sanford Ave has boiled peanuts that would make you slap your momma and then every other momma in sanford. I'm drooling just thinking of them bad boys.

**** that’s crazy. Didn’t know Colorado’s food was that bad. I’ll have to see about that.

Might temper expectations if I go out there for a ski trip.

Parrain's, Baton Rouge
The Freehouse, Minneapolis
Taverna Opa, Hollywood

Do they have flaming cheese at Taverna Opa?

Greek food is very common in metro Detroit. I know I’ve had a flaming cheese when they serve it they yell “OPA”

Advertisement

Lufthansa did a study and found that altitude can affect taste buds by as much as 30%. That might explain why Colorado food is bland.

- Foie gras? Might try that if I get get over there.

- Never been been to Little Rock. Might give that a try on a road trip.

- Metro Detroit huh? I might slide past there next time I go home to visit family. Just for the experience.

yea man, Green's is one of those old-school white enamel slider shops. Just sells sliders, fries and chocolate shakes. The meat is practically painted onto the bun (each patty is maybe one ounce), so you gotta get a double or a triple with cheese. The smell of ground beef and onions on a 75-year-old flattop is intoxicating.

Doe's looks like a hole in the wall, but they serve a 3.5-lb bone-in porterhouse and the fries just soak up all the beef juice. It's Bill Clinton's favorite restaurant -- story is any time he visited they would let him back in the kitchen and he would eat the fries right out of the fry basket.

Marina Bay Sands is a pretty incredible place. You'd recognize the building -- it's typically blown up in any sci-fi/apocolypse movie. Amazing views, and yea it's the best "soup dumpling" I've ever had.

**** that’s crazy. Didn’t know Colorado’s food was that bad. I’ll have to see about that.

Might temper expectations if I go out there for a ski trip.
Google "food in Colorado sucks".

But if you're coming for a trip i would check out the ****tails at woody creek.

Advertisement
Back