OT: Restaurant and Food Thread

Advertisement
If all goes well and shii isn't shut down completely, I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale a month from tomorrow. Need some good eating places out that way if there are any suggestions?? Will be my 2nd time traveling there. I've noted some of the ones already mentioned.
If you don't mind shelling out some cash, Anthony's Runway 84 is probably the most iconic Fort Lauderdale restaurant. Incredible Italian food.

A thread I can get behind.... funny when I am visiting home in Philly, I go to the local cheesesteak spots and cook out, don't really do fine dining home in Philly.

In Kansas City, though.... best BBQ I had wasn't Oklahoma Joe's or Gates or that Smoking Guns BBQ Guy Fieri recommended. Its Roadhouse BBQ in Gladstone, MO. Best beef burnt ends I have ever had.
Best restaurant I ever ate at was in Kansas City at a hibachi spot called High Moon. Their salmon, steak and sushi are on point. This is where a lot of Samoans who pass thru Kansas City come and eat. Their most notable customer: Joe Anoa'i aka Roman Reigns. A bunch of other WWE wrestlers have eaten here when passing thru Kansas City.

Last edited:
If you don't mind shelling out some cash, Anthony's Runway 84 is probably the most iconic Fort Lauderdale restaurant. Incredible Italian food.

Strong reco.
I am not really a huge fan of Italian food, but Anthony's Runway 84 is excellent. And definitely an iconic restaurant in FTL.

Advertisement
Strong reco.
I am not really a huge fan of Italian food, but Anthony's Runway 84 is excellent. And definitely an iconic restaurant in FTL.
Yeah, it's much more than generic Italian fare (although the meatballs are fantastic). Great seafood and incredible atmosphere. There's a few Italian places in town that can compete with the food but the overall atmosphere and history put it over the top.

My favorite meals come out of my smoker.

Bogart’s Smokehouse in St. Louis is my favorite BBQ joint. Granted I haven’t had any of the highly acclaimed Carolina spots, but that’s not typically my type of BBQ

100% on Bogart's.

Was born and lived a few miles away (Bevo Mill area), and I have family members who are original tenants of the Soulard Market. The family members (cousins) still have a shop there, used to be a butcher shop when I was a kid, now they just sell spices.

Advertisement
L'Ambroisie - Paris

Cafe del Mare - Kotor, Montenegro

Lokanda Peskarija - Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia

Gato Prieto - Havana, Cuba (I think this was the name)

My favorite place I've eaten is ÓX in Reykjavík Iceland

Many more but those were stand outs for me.

In Miami my favorite spot is Stiltsville. Also Pan de Bono bakery for empanadas and cafe con leche.

oh you’ve been around. I’ve never gone to Europe yet just SEA and latam.

I was going to spend 3 months in Africa before Coronavirus......

100% on Bogart's.

Was born and lived a few miles away (Bevo Mill area), and I have family members who are original tenants of the Soulard Market. The family members (cousins) still have a shop there, used to be a butcher shop when I was a kid, now they just sell spices.
That’s awesome.

I went to undergrad in St. Louis and grad school just across the river, so I love the area. My brother still lives there.

Lot’s of good BBQ in St. Louis. Pappy’s and Sugarfire are both excellent as well. My brother has taken me to a few hole in the wall places that the names are escaping me that stack up with anyone as well

@motorcitycane Did you ever have a chance to go to Tru or Sepia in Chicago? Tru shut down w/in the last couple years but that was a really cool experience. I went to Sepia a couple years ago and it was really, really good. Chicago is a great eating city.
No I never made it there but Chicago is a top food city in the United States they can really rival any other city in America.

One place that I really like downtown was called Russian tea time

**** even the hot dogs and pizza is amazing.

i’ve never been able to go to another pizza place in my life after living in Chicago and eating at Giordano‘s

Advertisement
What kind of food at the Richmond place in Carytown? I’ll try to guess the place.

it was an American place it was very artsy it had a bar on the left-hand side when you walk in the door. It’s sandwiched between some other buildings so you could walk right past it and not even notice it but they served the very best burger I’ve ever had in my life.

it’s mostly American food there is artwork up all along the walls along the tables everywhere

The food out here in Colorado is TRASH. Its like when you had pot luck at work and to be nice you ate karens unseasoned food, but out here youre paying $25 a plate for it. The best restaurant I've found in colorado springs ins 503west. Asian fusion joint with a amazing pork belly noodle bowl.

For peel and eat shrimp breakers in nsb is my favorite. Good burgers too. Downtown Orlando it's little Saigon restaurant. My pops took me here when I was little and I dont know if the food is super fire or its the nostalgia but I've never gotten anything I was disappointed with. Corn fritters and rock shrimp at dixie crossroads in Titusville are bomb too.

And last but certainly not least baggs produce on the corner of 46 and sanford Ave has boiled peanuts that would make you slap your momma and then every other momma in sanford. I'm drooling just thinking of them bad boys.
Me and my brother had little Saigon yesterday. The Pho was ok and the spring rolls were super soggy. It was dead because of fathers day I guess and im sure the fryer wasn't hot enough and thats why it absorbed the oil and didnt fry it. The summer roll was killer like always, they have the best peanut sauce around but overall it wasn't very good. If you want to try some killer Pho go to Pho Vinh off Primrose dr and order the #100. It comes with 2 fried won tons in it and that just sends it through the rooof. This isn't a very good pic but figured id send it anyways.
08BDB984-FB9F-466A-9D97-7E076D3C9E18.jpeg

Advertisement
What is the best restaurant that you have ever been to?

From 5 stars to Food trucks.....

What was the actual meal you had?

Can be anywhere in the U.S. or the world. That you highly recommend if given the opportunity.

I’ll start best overall experience was tastings at Alinea when I was living in Chicago.

My favorite steakhouse (I haven’t been to many) so far is SW steakhouse in Vegas for the Japanese Wagyu.

Favorite hole in the wall joint was somewhere in “Carytown” in Richmond, VA. Can’t recall the name of the spot. It didn’t look like much walking past it. But once you got inside and ate the food was amazing.

I travel a lot and pretty much always have since the military.

Miami
Big fan of Prime 112 and RED whenever I’m in Miami. (Y’all might know some better spots) but I love those two.

Love La Carreta and Versailles as well.

Shoutout to Chef Creole that spot was straight low key.

Outside the U.S.
I went to this Japanese BBQ joint in Shibuya, Tokyo. Really wish I could remember the name. That was too fire.

Rio De Janiero
I’m down here like 4-5 times a year to see my childhood friend who retired from the NFL. Been going down there since he moved to Rio a few years ago.

The ORO restaurant in Leblon is one of my favorites.

Churrascaría Palace in Copacabana
Straight fire.

Aprazível in Santa Teresa
Dope ambiance. Dope food just a great experience overall.

Overall:
Brazil has some pretty good food. I know many of the Europeans go down there complaining. I thought it was solid.

My boy done convinced me to move to Brazil. It’s became my second home. Women are a plus. Language a little tougher than Spanish but I’ll get there.

Bangkok
Sirocco Rooftop Restaurant. This was unforgettable. Just the setup as whole. Bangkok has so many rooftop restaurants and pools but this was the best one that I remember and the service was incredible too.

That’s about it for me. My 27 years on this planet has been cool but I want to see and experience some more restaurants.

CIS what y’all got?

**** man, too bad you don't live in the Michigan area, we could catch some games together, not many Canes fans up here lol. I'm 23, so pretty close in age. When did you move away? Also, what are your favorite places around this area?

Me and my brother had little Saigon yesterday. The Pho was ok and the spring rolls were super soggy. It was dead because of fathers day I guess and im sure the fryer wasn't hot enough and thats why it absorbed the oil and didnt fry it. The summer roll was killer like always, they have the best peanut sauce around but overall it wasn't very good. If you want to try some killer Pho go to Pho Vinh off Primrose dr and order the #100. It comes with 2 fried won tons in it and that just sends it through the rooof. This isn't a very good pic but figured id send it anyways. View attachment 119768
They ain't changed the plates in 20 years. I loooooooove the peanut sauce. Sucks to hear you had a mediocre experience.

Have you tried Taco Chenna off mills ave. Place is straight fire, the shrimp taco with the ghost pepper sauce is amazing. The cod and Thai chicken tacos are also killer.

Take cheena! Yessir my ole lady worked for some high power attorneys on lake eloa. Used to take mills to pick her up all the time and grab some tako cheena or pig Floyd's. Floyd's is super good too

Advertisement
Back