OT - Ravens vs. Chiefs - AFC Championship

Advertisement
Disappointing loss.

Backbreaking penalties and turnovers. Refs were terrible.

Sucks to be a Ravens fan right now.

Disappointing loss.

Backbreaking penalties and turnovers. Refs were terrible.

Sucks to be a Ravens fan right now.
Vegas fix.

The interception into triple coverage with a four man rush means there were only four other defenders.

There must have been a better option than throwing into triple coverage with the Super Bowl on the line.

Maybe Lamar is that bad. I don’t see it.

Advertisement
I live in dwntn B-More so I watch the Ravens every week. Lamar hasn't shown the fight that guys like Mahomes and Allen have. Those guys look panicked and even desperate to win sometimes. I think that would make Lamar a champion. He has everything else.
On scrambles at various times, he left first downs and extra yardage out there with what looked like 'early season' slides. But that could be argued, I guess. But late in the game, on a 3rd and 1, Lamar spent about 5 seconds bouncing straight up and down, looking for open guys while a running lane opened and closed right in front of him. I mean, the first down was a given. The question was whether it would be a run for 10 or 20 yards. They converted on the next play, but it struck me as a surprise at the time. Can only speculate as to why, but Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes end up sideways and airborne (and yeah injured) on plays like that.

I live in dwntn B-More so I watch the Ravens every week. Lamar hasn't shown the fight that guys like Mahomes and Allen have. Those guys look panicked and even desperate to win sometimes. I think that would make Lamar a champion. He has everything else.
On scrambles at various times, he left first downs and extra yardage out there with what looked like 'early season' slides. But that could be argued, I guess. But late in the game, on a 3rd and 1, Lamar spent about 5 seconds bouncing straight up and down, looking for open guys while a running lane opened and closed right in front of him. I mean, the first down was a given. The question was whether it would be a run for 10 or 20 yards. They converted on the next play, but it struck me as a surprise at the time. Can only speculate as to why, but Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes end up sideways and airborne (and yeah injured) on plays like that.
LIke catching your own passes? How about running backward 20yds then toss a TD? Lamar didn't play his best but he was let down today at times too. I believe his biggest issue was remaining calm. I believe once his frustration showed up the game was over. KC made numerous mistakes but never got flustered whereas the Ravens were the opposite

Chiefs and Lions should be a good show.
college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
One of the best TEs to ever play and a Hall of Famer but Travis Kelce is a tool box

Its either schtick or he's just a jock but post game on the podium when asked about the win his reply is

"You gotta fight for your right to party"

I now expect Taylor to be involved somehow in the half time festivities

Mahomes stamped himself an all time great but geez, the refs love him. Its Duke like

One of the best TEs to ever play and a Hall of Famer but Travis Kelce is a tool box

Its either schtick or he's just a jock but post game on the podium when asked about the win his reply is

"You gotta fight for your right to party"

I now expect Taylor to be involved somehow in the half time festivities

Mahomes stamped himself an all time great but geez, the refs love him. Its Duke like
the you gotta fright for right stuff is basically a catch phrase now. He said it after the the trip to the first Super Bowl. The chiefs play it after every TD at arrowhead now.

Advertisement
Pat Mahomes is the Tom Brady inevitability, with true athletic DNA and the most unreal arm talent the league has ever seen. When he's locked in, there is nothing like it.

The clip of him arching and rotating out of a sure tackle with one hand on the ground and matching it up with the clips of his training is robot ****. Unreal athletic talent that meets impeccable preparation.

Watching him and Kelce just get locked in all game long was beautiful to watch. When Mahomes and Kelce just eye up your All-Pro stud safety like he's a steak, and your safety is playing his *** off and he's just unable to crack this chemistry these two Hall of Famers. Its just two dudes playing sandlot out there while everyone else is just doing their jobs. Just go beat this MF'r and Mahomes dots him every time. Unreal performance from those two in the game.

Spags is the best DC of his era. Has won titles with Michael Strahan and Chris Jones. Just think of the time that spans...what an incredible defensive mind and this defense, built by absolute design. You don't maintain this kind of longevity with an offense full of high priced guys. Eventually, to sustain success, your QB has to make chicken salad out of chicken **** and your offensive salary allocation goes QB -> 1 Skill Guy, That's the most and then you gotta work with and then its MVS and Day 2/3 guys because draft and salary has to go defense. When the Chiefs let go of Tyreek Hill, mock drafts lit up for them to take a skill guy...they did previously and it was a mistake because the skill guy, as useful as he is...not that important (Hardman, CEH). Willie ***, Sneed, Mike Danna, Juan Thornhill become players for them...and then they just start pouring assets into defense and OL. Bolton, Humphrey, McDuffie, Karlaftis, Cook, Chenal and deeper round draft picks litter their two deep. Instead of Tyreek, they lock up Chris Jones. Just very impressive, intentional result in yesterdays game for the Ravens. Chiefs are built to win games like that in these moments. Its a very impressive franchise.

Advertisement
The punch to the face or the helmet under his chin. Which ticky tack one are you talking about.
More like the ones from the Dolphins game or the ones that got them to the SB last season against Cincinnati

Yes the ones you refer to were obvious, but he gets his share of ones that arent

The dead ball penalties smfh complete lack of poise. I thought we had a SB winning HC? Would not expect that from a team with coaches that have the credentials that Harbaugh has.

Lamar’s story isn’t over though. It’s funny how folks are talking like he’s cooked

He's not cooked but he's entering the 7th year of his career and his athletic ability will start to gradually diminish soon enough (injuries will take their toll, etc). He had a real nice passing year but his deficiencies in the passing game will ALWAYS rear their ugly head in the playoffs

This game was lost because the Ravens coaching staff overthought the game and went away from their bread and butter.

Lamar and Gus shouldve had AT LEAST 35 carries this game. The game was never out of reach to abandon the run. The Ravens played into the strength of the Chiefs defense and to their own weaknesses.

Lamars most prized attribute is keeping defenses honest and thinking with the threat of his legs. This, in turn, opens up the passing lanes for easier throws. Its how the Ravens got to the point they were at. To abandon your identity in the conference championship is terrible coaching.

Its almost as if they wanted to show that Lamar could outduel Mahomes with his arm and that's silly. Mahomes is a once in millennia talent. Accuracy is 2nd to no one in NFL history. Allow Lamar to play HIS game and the Ravens win this going away because their defense played a winning game.

Way too much 10 and 00 personnel and pressure on Lamar to be a pinpoint accurate passer against a great and well coaches pass defense. These guys face Mahomes and Reid in Practice, everyday. Silly to think your going to beat the Chiefs that way.

Andy and Spag kept it simple and within his players limits/abilities. It was just enough to win. The ravens went away from everything that made them dangerous and it cost him.

Big L for Harbaugh

Advertisement
Back