OT - Ravens vs. Chiefs - AFC Championship

Advertisement
When a team is up 7, under 2 min left and no timeouts and in scoring position, what is the better strategy for the losing team?

1. Hope to hold them to a FG attempt, try to block and have 30 seconds to try and drive down the field to get a tying TD

2. Let them score a TD as fast as possible, get the ball back with 130 to go, try to get out of bounds as you drive down field and hopefully score a TD with 30 seconds, then get an onside kick, get ball at 50 and have to score a tying TD.
When a team has a competent head coach there is no possible way a team who is up 7 with under 2 minutes to go loses the game. 3 knees and the game is over.

Unless your scenario is its 2nd or 3rd down and then the other team is most likely banking on a blocked FG or miss FG

The refs sure are fans of theirs. I think that's what ****es me off the most, they fet every call every game.
Other than the missed holding/PI depending on if the ball was in the air, right before the Ravens FG, I thought the game was called pretty well.

Advertisement
If the teams switch QB’s, Mahomes and Ravens win this game by double digits.
No doubt.

The Ravens are a **** good team. If Zay Flowers decides to not be a dumb *** that one drive and doesn’t fumble, despite Lamar’s bad game, they have a chance to win.

It’s the rest of the game where Jackson just didn’t do ****!

Advertisement
I dont think Lamar played that bad actually. He wasn’t amazing or anything but the rest of the offense did about **** to help him. Zero running game, only guy who got open was Zay who obviously had a few really bad plays, and the offensive line got abused a few portions of the game.

I dont think Lamar played that bad actually. He wasn’t amazing or anything but the rest of the offense did about **** to help him. Zero running game, only guy who got open was Zay who obviously had a few really bad plays, and the offensive line got abused a few portions of the game.
Zero running game? That’s on the OC and Hc not even trying to call run plays cause they’d rather hit the deep ball on first down then get a 2nd and manageable

Lamar Jackson is not at that Pat Mahomes level. Not even in the same stratosphere.

Decent regular season QB but in the playoffs, not good enough.
He’s not. But who is in reality.

If you haven’t even won one SB I don’t want to hear the name either

If you don't think the more deserving team won, I would question your football IQ.
The Ravens had every opportunity to win, they just couldn't deal with the Chiefs Offense.

- John Harbaugh is the Mark Richt of the NFL
- Lamar crumbles in crunch time pressure situations
- The Defense (particularly the Secondary) NEVER shows up when you need them to
- Todd Monken is still a ****** playcaller

The Chiefs are just unstoppable once Mahomes gets heated up & Andy Reid is arguably the greatest HC & Offensive mind in NFL history, 2nd only maybe to Bill Walsh who he learned from.

The better team won hands down.

Advertisement
He’s not. But who is in reality.

If you haven’t even won one SB I don’t want to hear the name either
Lamar has been in the league since 2018.

Make at least one Super Bowl.

Mahomes has been challenged by Burrow, Allen & Hurts and old *** Tom Brady beat him a few years back. The Bucs had that awesome defense, similar to Ravens this year. Gotta make some plays at QB.

Advertisement
The Ravens had every opportunity to win, they just couldn't deal with the Chiefs Offense.

- John Harbaugh is the Mark Richt of the NFL
- Lamar crumbles in crunch time pressure situations
- The Defense (particularly the Secondary) NEVER shows up when you need them to
- Todd Monken is still a ****** playcaller

The Chiefs are just unstoppable once Mahomes gets heated up & Andy Reid is arguably the greatest HC & Offensive mind in NFL history, 2nd only maybe to Bill Walsh who he learned from.

The better team won hands down.
O'Dell stole 15 million and Bateman is one of the biggest busts in history. I had no dog in this fight but pretending it was rigged is crazy. Baltimore was rattled from start to finish. Even the 1 TD was pure luck because Lamar should have been sacked.

Advertisement
Back