OT- Rashan Gary offered 300k as a recruit during his recruitment

Yes. It’s not like we don’t have good players. We are not going to get a top 10 player or two like the teams that do drop the big pay days. If we can grab 8 to 10 4 star guys and then grab some lower rated guys that haven’t been developed. Coach them up. We can win. Our 3 star guys in south Florida are very good. They just haven’t been scouted as heavy as the others. But grabbing a Trevor Lawrence or the DJ kid out of Cali is out. The big DT’s and DB’s are big money kids.
Those big dbs are legendary ....they want that sean taylor mystique thats why they keep throwing money at them to one be good and to find that next thing for kids to look up too

Advertisement
You know, in all the Shapiro nonsense, even with the NCAA trying to destroy the program, I don't recall ever seeing anything about Miami directly paying recruits like Bama and Clemson. Miami boosters would (allegedly) make sure the players had a good time (buying them hamburgers, boats n' hoes, maybe giving them "friends n family" discounts on rental cars), but I don't think I've ever read a story of a booster outright paying a recruit hundreds of thousands of dollars to land him. Has that ever been rumored for any Miami player/recruit?

Just like when Cam Newton was offered 180k by Dan Mullen at Miss St yet Auburn fans will tell you they didn't pay for him lmao

Just like when Cam Newton was offered 180k by Dan Mullen at Miss St yet Auburn fans will tell you they didn't pay for him lmao

Maybe the most annoying thing about that whole story is that if the NCAA had actually done its job and suspended Cam Newton before the nat championship game, then Oregon easily wins the title and we don't have to spend the rest of the decade hearing about how a speed/finesse offense will never beat a SEC defense.

Advertisement
You know, in all the Shapiro nonsense, even with the NCAA trying to destroy the program, I don't recall ever seeing anything about Miami directly paying recruits like Bama and Clemson. Miami boosters would (allegedly) make sure the players had a good time (buying them hamburgers, boats n' hoes, maybe giving them "friends n family" discounts on rental cars), but I don't think I've ever read a story of a booster outright paying a recruit hundreds of thousands of dollars to land him. Has that ever been rumored for any Miami player/recruit?
[/QUOTE
Nevin himself said we don't pay recruits and can't compete with sec. That's from someone trying to kill the program.

Advertisement
It's just not just the bags to players it's the behind the door deal with the ncaa investigators to look the other way. Bags have have been dropped for decades now.go as far back as the seventies and eighties.smh got the death penalty and they didn't do half the **** these schools are doing today.like it or not we(miami) will never be able to run with that crowd.we did it before we can do it again.get good players in here that have the potential to be great .coach them up like we did and start kicking cfb a$$ again like the eighties and flip em off beat our chest and say "hehe we did it without bags".fan base needs to be united for that to happen which means quit spewing venue about the team on the airways,message boards and social media.and quit expecting things to always be easy and have no setbacks.

Y'know... I seriously thought the bags for an elite prospect was in the 150k range.

Guess inflation has caught up; and the NCAA will do nothing. xD
I recall one prominent WR recruit was said on this board to have been offered $250K this year. I found it interesting that the school he signed with was also able to pull in two other 5 star wide receivers in the same class, and yet no one is concerned about playing time.

Exactly- a dude trying to destroy the program said that Miami doesn't pay recruits. Simply no logical reason for him to cover it up if he'd heard it was happening (and if he was that big a booster, he'd know if other bigtime boosters were dropping bags). The article listed Miami as one of several schools that pays recruits, but I don't remember ever hearing a rumor that Miami dropped bags to land a recruit.

I think that Miami always gets lumped into the group of cheaters because ****noses like Paul Finebaum can't believe it when Miami beats out a SEC school for a kid. They can't fathom that Miami could possibly get someone that Bama really wanted unless it paid more. Sucks for the ACC that Clemson is now a cash cow for the NCAA, so they're basically untouchable. The assistant bball coach LITERALLY stated that the football program pays recruits and the NCAA didn't even go through the motions of investigating.

Advertisement
I recall one prominent WR recruit was said on this board to have been offered $250K this year. I found it interesting that the school he signed with was also able to pull in two other 5 star wide receivers in the same class, and yet no one is concerned about playing time.

they are still fighting that out.......... one showed out earlier than the other two ( not the one we recruited, btw) All expected to see the field.

Advertisement
Back