OT: Rap Fans

Listen i play out his wholllle Psychodrama album no skips. I mean if your not use to the Uk accent it takes a listen or 2 to pick up....but that kid is NICE!. He got the total package....got the mainstremam songs like what i posted..got deep *** songs on that project too...Its a themed album i f*cks with those. Sort of like how Kendrick made his albums have a theme to it.

Dave might blow into the U.S. scene pretty soon.

CROSSOVER HIT! My girl cant stop playing

This **** vibin'.
Sound like Chad's music.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The Absolute E.N.D O.F S.T.O.R.Y
220px-IllmaticNas.jpg

What y’all think of the new Lil Uzi album? Listened to that shît 4 times since it dropped yesterday lol. Have a feeling I know what the older gen of rap fans think about it, but curious to find out people’s opinions - AOTY material? Unless KDOT or Drake drop something insane, I think yes. This year could be another 2015 or 2017 when it comes to the volume of quality rap albums...
View attachment 113111

Love love love me some Tribe!!! Fire!!!

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Who had the best 3 consecutive album runs ever? Double albums count as 2 if you wish ex: Biggie’s Life After Death.

This is a criteria to make a separation between flashing some skills and legendary status.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CULTURE.

Rock is different because there are a lot of different types of white “cultures” and the music reflected the ever changing tastes of what white kids consider cool.

The black experience is a bit more uniform. Most black people have a DIRECT connection to street money culture. Even if they are not in it, they are tied to it by family who still live in the “hood”.

Once street money culture took over the rap game, there was no going back. Unfortunately, the richest people most (not all) black people know personally got their wealth from street money. Until that changes, there won’t be much change to the most popular forms of rap that emphasize lavish lifestyles and street money culture.

If America ended the narcotics prohibition and made easy money harder to get, you may see a change in this trend.

Hip hop has been about flaunting money, girls, and machismo for almost 30 years now. It has been about that way MUCH longer than positive Afrocentrism, house parties, and rocking the mic.

It won’t change until America owns up to its sins and admit to what they REALLY did to us. It won’t happen though. The state of the black community at large didn’t just materlize itself magically out of thin air. It took a tremendous effort and vast resources both intellectual and material to create and maintain the current state.

The violent, boastful, hyper sexual black thug was designed, modeled, and manufactured by America just like the automobile or light bulbs with premeditated intent with a known end game.

There is no will to change this in any real, effective way that addresses the real issues that caused and perpetuate the current situation. So you are probably resigned to listening to old records for a sense of nostalgia.

Word of advice though. There is solid hip hop out there that reminds you of the old days. You won’t hear it on the radio though. You gotta dig to find those diamonds.
Underrated post.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back