OT: Question for Mods

Well how in Hades are we to keep up with what Kenneth has going on?

Kenneth was hilarious!

(RVA - I'm telling you - simple minds. That's our problem. They're too simple minded and dedicated to a life style of Aceticism to realize NY is the opposite of his schtick - or he wouldn't be able to joke about it so eloquently.)

It was clever, eloquent, ascerbic at times, and broke up the monotony. And I think that's enough adjectives that start with "A" for this post.

Advertisement
Get off my lawn
2t7hv4.gif

He wasn’t remotely funny. Every single thread with a good discussion had to have him comment with some homoerotoc fantasy. It ruined threads and got old.

We get it, you're insecure. Congrats?

Advertisement
Quick question, how do you band someone like @nystateofmind for something that any intelligent person could see was straight humor, but the true homophobics get to say whatever they want just have their threads deleted but get to stay on? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the band rules. Seems quite strange unless CIS board is protecting homophobic people vs. people are showing pure humor. Just want to know for future reference.

I don't understand these threads. I just don't. It's really not that hard to avoid getting a ban around here. Just try to pretend you are an actual human being and act like one and you won't get banned.

How is this that hard for people to understand?

I don't understand these threads. I just don't. It's really not that hard to avoid getting a ban around here. Just try to pretend you are an actual human being and act like one and you won't get banned.

It's real hard.

As you said, you just don't understand.

And pretending is kinda sissy -

Sigh, so you're saying you have no idea what's being discussed. Congrats, you're a Tr#pT*Mo^^n.

Advertisement
The daily mod threats are not my favorite part about this site, but I think this one is sincere and I’ve interacted with Kaz on Twitter, so I’ll say a few things.

- NY, who still frequently corresponds with me via PM, sometimes multiple times a day, and does so every time he’s band, has a long history on this board of schticks. Some of them I love, some I don’t, but ultimately we can all agree he lightens the mood around here. What gets him band almost every time is not his schtick, which are more or less harmless. It is his incessant and almost obsessive need to dominate via that schtick in almost every thread and every off-topic thread he can make. I have never seen someone reported as many times by as many different people as he was in the last two weeks. I told him frequently he needed to chill, mods did as well, and he chose to only marginally edit his behavior. There is so freaking much you guys don’t see, there are so many messages sent to people asking them to modify their behavior or stop it all together. The guy was band for months during the season and as soon as he found a new schtick that got laughs he went right back to overzealous usage. Oh and he also posted links to ****, tweets with **** and so forth. I understand if you like his show, I often do, but don’t act like he’s a victim. He has no off switch and it’s annoying as a broken child’s toy. He was given multiple, direct chances to stop. He doesn’t care. When he comes back he’ll do the same thing all over again.

- Users aren’t band for one infraction unless they’re spam or a gate troll. More often than not the users you think of as repeat offenders, the ones you ask “why they are still here”, are probably one warning away from being band for a period of time. Or they may already have been band and you didn’t notice it before they returned, because we try to be very conservative with long-term or permanent bands. I don’t know who your friend is Kaz, I don’t care what his job is, but if he was treated unfairly message me and I’ll see what I can do. If it was a permanent band it should be very serious.

- I’ve said it so many times it makes me feel like a stuffy principle from an 80’s comedy: use the report system. Not for personal grievances m, but legitimate problems. I’ve got a large family and two jobs, I don’t have time to read through every freaking thread on this site. (Also if you’ve noticed, the overall mod activity level is prone to dramatic shifts. That includes myself, who basically took 9-10 months off after my twins were born). For instance I had no idea any of the J Hill threads were happening until somebody reported them. I wasn’t on the site much yesterday, and I wasn’t on that forum when I was. I didn’t see them until someone said “look at this”. I know I should be everywhere at once, I should be reading every post and spoiler buttoning every gif, but I don’t. And D$ has already told me I’m going to get a pay cut this year because of it.

Now it doesn’t mean if you report a post myself or anyone else is going to see the issue in the exact same light as you, but it draws attention to the poster and their content. Over time it can very clearly be used to establish behavior, which is a huge help when you can’t be everywhere at once. Also reporting posts doesn’t automatically mean the poster is eventually going to get band; there are several posters that just like to report other posters after they provoke them, and that misuse becomes obvious too. But there are a lot of you who provide really helpful feedback by using that system when there’s a real issue, and I hope you continue to do so. Just because you don’t see a poster disappear after you report them doesn’t mean they didn’t get warned, or that we didn’t notice. I’ve tried to put a much greater personal emphasis on this and generally am the one reviewing these reports. But again I’m not on here all the time, I’ve checked in like three times today. That is just a reality that we all have to deal with.

I’ve tried not to be snarky because I understand the issue that’s being raised. I wish posters were more apt to comply than they are. I wish everything could get handled on an even plane, because all actions and intents were self evident. I wish unrequited, alas.

Well how in Hades are we to keep up with what Kenneth has going on?

Kenneth was hilarious!

(RVA - I'm telling you - simple minds. That's our problem. They're too simple minded and dedicated to a life style of Aceticism to realize NY is the opposite of his schtick - or he wouldn't be able to joke about it so eloquently.)

It was clever, eloquent, ascerbic at times, and broke up the monotony. And I think that's enough adjectives that start with "A" for this post.
I thought it was funny at first and actually helpful in defusing some of the machismo anger on the board too around the bowl game and NSD 1. I think it jumped the shark tank like Fonzi at some point. Someone raised it as being offensive to *** people too and while i know that isn't the intent, when i thought about it from someone else's situation, i can understand that too. He'll be back and while i think I know the answer, we'll see how it goes.

Advertisement
- NY, who still frequently corresponds with me via PM, sometimes multiple times a day, and does so every time he’s band, has a long history on this board of schticks. Some of them I love, some I don’t, but ultimately we can all agree he lightens the mood around here. What gets him band almost every time is not his schtick, which are more or less harmless. It is his incessant and almost obsessive need to dominate via that schtick in almost every thread and every off-topic thread he can make. I have never seen someone reported as many times by as many different people as he was in the last two weeks. I told him frequently he needed to chill, mods did as well, and he chose to only marginally edit his behavior. There is so freaking much you guys don’t see, there are so many messages sent to people asking them to modify their behavior or stop it all together. The guy was band for months during the season and as soon as he found a new schtick that got laughs he went right back to overzealous usage. Oh and he also posted links to ****, tweets with **** and so forth. I understand if you like his show, I often do, but don’t act like he’s a victim. He has no off switch and it’s annoying as a broken child’s toy. He was given multiple, direct chances to stop. He doesn’t care. When he comes back he’ll do the same thing all over again.
To quote @Dwinstitles and @OriginalGatorHater... Um...I mean @brock:
FACTS

Quick question, how do you band someone like @nystateofmind for something that any intelligent person could see was straight humor, but the true homophobics get to say whatever they want just have their threads deleted but get to stay on? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the band rules. Seems quite strange unless CIS board is protecting homophobic people vs. people are showing pure humor. Just want to know for future reference.

how do you know who is a true homophobic on the site and this person is not intelligent?

The daily mod threats are not my favorite part about this site, but I think this one is sincere and I’ve interacted with Kaz on Twitter, so I’ll say a few things.

- Users aren’t band for one infraction unless they’re spam or a gate troll. More often than not the users you think of as repeat offenders, the ones you ask “why they are still here”, are probably one warning away from being band for a period of time. Or they may already have been band and you didn’t notice it before they returned, because we try to be very conservative with long-term or permanent bands. I don’t know who your friend is Kaz, I don’t care what his job is, but if he was treated unfairly message me and I’ll see what I can do. If it was a permanent band it should be very serious.

- I’ve said it so many times it makes me feel like a stuffy principle from an 80’s comedy: use the report system. Not for personal grievances m, but legitimate problems. I’ve got a large family and two jobs, I don’t have time to read through every freaking thread on this site. (Also if you’ve noticed, the overall mod activity level is prone to dramatic shifts. That includes myself, who basically took 9-10 months off after my twins were born). For instance I had no idea any of the J Hill threads were happening until somebody reported them. I wasn’t on the site much yesterday, and I wasn’t on that forum when I was. I didn’t see them until someone said “look at this”. I know I should be everywhere at once, I should be reading every post and spoiler buttoning every gif, but I don’t. And D$ has already told me I’m going to get a pay cut this year because of it.

Now it doesn’t mean if you report a post myself or anyone else is going to see the issue in the exact same light as you, but it draws attention to the poster and their content. Over time it can very clearly be used to establish behavior, which is a huge help when you can’t be everywhere at once. Also reporting posts doesn’t automatically mean the poster is eventually going to get band; there are several posters that just like to report other posters after they provoke them, and that misuse becomes obvious too. But there are a lot of you who provide really helpful feedback by using that system when there’s a real issue, and I hope you continue to do so. Just because you don’t see a poster disappear after you report them doesn’t mean they didn’t get warned, or that we didn’t notice. I’ve tried to put a much greater personal emphasis on this and generally am the one reviewing these reports. But again I’m not on here all the time, I’ve checked in like three times today. That is just a reality that we all have to deal with.

I’ve tried not to be snarky because I understand the issue that’s being raised. I wish posters were more apt to comply than they are. I wish everything could get handled on an even plane, because all actions and intents were self evident. I wish unrequited, alas.

This still doesn't answer why people who do much worse (racist, xenophobic bigoted acts) get to stay around. But as someone in Sports PR I credit you for trying to filibuster. Problem is I see through it. Congrats, you're a Tr&pTheM&$n.

Advertisement
It's da off season. We gonna need NY's foodie threads. Dude knew wat a correctly cooked steak looked like.

This still doesn't answer why people who do much worse (racist, xenophobic bigoted acts) get to stay around. But as someone in Sports PR I credit you for trying to filibuster. Problem is I see through it. Congrats, you're a Tr&pTheM&$n.
Why do you feel the need to justify your position by telling everyone about the cool jobs you and your friends have.

Well, no question but that we have had some real characters on this forum over the years. I still greatly miss dannyboycane and where is the guy who always talked in the third person? And now, NYstateofmind. I think when you get older, you don't let insignificant things bother you 'cause we have more concerns about our heart, diabetes, anemia, etc. etc. etc. Obviously there are some posts that I find distasteful, so I just skip over them and move on.

Advertisement
Back