OT: Positive?

Miami Hurricanes will win out and beat the Atlantic winner for Miami’s first ACC title.

Does this make me negative?

okp66FD.gif

Advertisement
Dude, if there was any question about leaving your wife, the mere thought of it made your "positive things in my life" list.

Clearly not things that make the typical person jump for joy! Just thinking of making some changes in my life. Hard choices. But on the site here, it feels "toxicly" negative at times. Thats all. And while I have my own set of challenges in life, I also want to be happy for the good things in life.

Why are you unsure you want to remain married? Interests, Life, Fresh start, Toxic, etc

Yes to all of that and more!

I think we would both be better off and happier with other people or single. Thinking from a core of who we are perspective, we are very different.

Anybody whose married for more than a year is gonna be happier divorced. That's the nature of marriage.suck it up, cupcake.

OP, can’t say you didn’t keep it real.

Death of a marriage is contempt (I gave up ..... for you; I could have had ..... ). As long as that’s not there, it might be workable. And, if it’s workable...get to work! Because ****ies and tequila in Vegas ain’t worth a whole lot more than a headache in the morning.

That said, life is too short to live someone else’s expectations. Freedom doesn’t mean you have to be solo, but it does mean you get what you want. But, you gotta own this. Choose to be who you want to be. And, it reads like that is what you’re doing. If I’m wrong, and you’re just whining...slap yourself.

To answer your question: yes, the board is negative. Negativity seems to be a shield for too many posters failures, flaws and fears. But you can control that too; I know i do.

Not advice, just life observations.

One other thing: Miami Hurricanes will win out and beat the Atlantic winner for Miami’s first ACC title. I KNOW you can get positive about that (and if you can’t get positive about that, at least you can use it to get your **** hard. You are in Vegas, after all.).

Thanks man, these are good positive words of encouragement!

Advertisement
You doing ok, OP? You don't seem like you're doing Ok

Sounds like something has caused him to think about giving up and settling, not good, JMO.

Def not giving up, and fighting the settling aspect of it! So you aren't too far off. No kids, not many assets, and plenty of liabilities . . .

Its tough bc in the real world there are real issues to deal with. I actually care about my wife, I just dont want to be married to her anymore, and that for this guy is a tough spot. I am not wired to go out for a smoke and never come back. It is what it is. I suspect that I will pull the trigger by the end of the year, and I mean that in a figurative sense . . . .since some think I am going off the deep end;)

You doing ok, OP? You don't seem like you're doing Ok

Sounds like something has caused him to think about giving up and settling, not good, JMO.

Def not giving up, and fighting the settling aspect of it! So you aren't too far off. No kids, not many assets, and plenty of liabilities . . .

Its tough bc in the real world there are real issues to deal with. I actually care about my wife, I just dont want to be married to her anymore, and that for this guy is a tough spot. I am not wired to go out for a smoke and never come back. It is what it is. I suspect that I will pull the trigger by the end of the year, and I mean that in a figurative sense . . . .since some think I am going off the deep end;)

Man I truly understand, if it is not working whether their is love or not, many people are not a fit for the institution of marriage. The deal is you get married and you have some sort of a commitment, you buy a house you have a finacial commitment, you have children you have a full commitment. Time heals wounds and life goes on, head up GO CANES!

You're in Vegas. Maybe take a trip down the other aisle! Head down to the Paris and try a Manburger with French Guys and see if that floats your boat! Life's too short!

Wait a minute is this thing on??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back