OT: Positive?

Advertisement
OP typed a whole lot of words to announce to a Canes football board that he's about to get divorced. Ok. Best of luck to you pal.

Divorced after she decided to no-show to pick me up after major back surgery. Just a warning, figure out your legal plan and know what the results could look like before you walk away. Mine cost me a ton and still is 5 years later. **** Virginia!

What’s going on here?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
OP isn't playing with a full deck. Seems like the kind of dude we'll eventually hear has done something awful in the community.

I have been reading the board some today. I wanted to ask, is there anything positive about anything in your lives? It seems most everyting is so negative around here. I was curious if anything was positive for anyone?

I am on a fall break from teaching, and just arrived in Vegas. Don't worry I wouldnt be caught dead at a country music concert. (too soon?)
I love my wife, but am not sure I want to remain married.
I enjoy teaching, and working with students that are coming from lower socioeconomic means . . . but who want the same things out of life kids from the other side of town want . . . namely health and happiness!
Oh and the Canes just beat Fsu for first time in years . . . and we are undefeated . . . and we appear to be getting better! If we finish the year in the top 15, I will be happy. It doesnt have to make you happy, but it will make me happy!

I wish you were you Las Vegas two weeks ago

Advertisement
OP typed a whole lot of words to announce to a Canes football board that he's about to get divorced. Ok. Best of luck to you pal.

It is all on me as my wife does not want to split. Maybe I should have chosen a different aspect of life to identify as tough, I just assumed most people could understand the difficulties of divorce. And even in difficult situations life doesnt have to be so negative all the time. Maybe my observation of this place as negative doesnt jive with you. Its cool. We certainly dont have to agree on everything. Right now Im happy with it being #3 's last season as head coach! I think we have common agreement there!!

Advertisement
Dude, if there was any question about leaving your wife, the mere thought of it made your "positive things in my life" list.

Clearly not things that make the typical person jump for joy! Just thinking of making some changes in my life. Hard choices. But on the site here, it feels "toxicly" negative at times. Thats all. And while I have my own set of challenges in life, I also want to be happy for the good things in life.

Why are you unsure you want to remain married? Interests, Life, Fresh start, Toxic, etc

Yes to all of that and more!

I think we would both be better off and happier with other people or single. Thinking from a core of who we are perspective, we are very different.

Probably better to see a therapist than take advice from anyone on this board about your marriage. Maybe see a relationship therapist or whatever with your wife if you want to try to fix things at all.

Advertisement
Divorced after she decided to no-show to pick me up after major back surgery. Just a warning, figure out your legal plan and know what the results could look like before you walk away. Mine cost me a ton and still is 5 years later. **** Virginia!

I live in Virginia now but got divorced in Maryland... It's even worse there.

OP, can’t say you didn’t keep it real.

Death of a marriage is contempt (I gave up ..... for you; I could have had ..... ). As long as that’s not there, it might be workable. And, if it’s workable...get to work! Because ****ies and tequila in Vegas ain’t worth a whole lot more than a headache in the morning.

That said, life is too short to live someone else’s expectations. Freedom doesn’t mean you have to be solo, but it does mean you get what you want. But, you gotta own this. Choose to be who you want to be. And, it reads like that is what you’re doing. If I’m wrong, and you’re just whining...slap yourself.

To answer your question: yes, the board is negative. Negativity seems to be a shield for too many posters failures, flaws and fears. But you can control that too; I know i do.

Not advice, just life observations.

One other thing: Miami Hurricanes will win out and beat the Atlantic winner for Miami’s first ACC title. I KNOW you can get positive about that (and if you can’t get positive about that, at least you can use it to get your **** hard. You are in Vegas, after all.).

Advertisement
Back