OT: Port of Miami 2

One of the of all time best rap albums:
Scarface_-_The_Diary.jpg

Advertisement
Appreciate the info b. I know there was some Haitian crews down there when I was living in Miami.
Even that was on some neighborhood ****. ZP started as(and still is) a Sabal Palm/Little Haiti thing. You ain't from round there you ain't ZP point blank. Any real member of the Pound will tell you there's Yanks in the Pound, because they're from around the way and they're solid. Now it's Zoes from other parts of town (Eastside/Westside North Miami, NMB, etc.) that hold it down in they zone but it's non-Haitians in they circles. It works vice-versa, best believe it's always been Haitian cats who were from the predominantly AA parts and they run with their hoods.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gucci put trap music on the map. Ross is a trash lyricist. Gucci actually has very good lyrics. Gucci has you rolling on the ground the first time you hear his songs. Gucci has songs like Timothy which are stories. Rozzays stories are just stories he copied from the Gs he was watching in the cells. Didn't the guy play football in college? LMFAO.

Guccis Mixtapes schit on Ross and he probably has 10x the amount of mixtapes then Ross. Gucci mane is literally a living legend and will go down as a trap great. No one is going to be talking about Ross in 20 years. Gucci will forever go down as changing the game. He doesn't even make music for the radios. He makes it for the streets and he still ends up getting his songs on the radio. Now he sort of switched it up a bit and has more radio hits in the past few years than Ross had in his entire life and Ross is all about getting on the radio.
TI put Trap music on the map.

TI put Trap music on the map.
TI was the first blow up off trap music but it was the jeezy/Gucci/boosie that put trap music on the map. Also dudes like oj da juiceman, weebie, shawty lo.

TI hit big with the Trap Mukic album but it was the mixtapes from those guys above that everyone in the hood was blasting. The trap or die/Can’t Ban The Snowman/I Am The Street Dream (jeezy), Trap House/Chicken Talk/Bird Flu/Back to the Traphouse (Gucci), Juice World/Culinary Art School (OJ), I’m da Man/Guap-A-Holics (Shawty Lo), and all the Boosie/Webbie collabs.

Man I got that, fetti with curren$y and curren$y & LNDN DRGS umbrella symphony and iceberg omw on non stop repeat

I'm bout to get some wing stop and see what rozay talking bout it's only right 😂😂😂
**** yeah bruh Spitta and Gibbs have definitely been my favorites in the late '00's-'10's...

TI was the first blow up off trap music but it was the jeezy/Gucci/boosie that put trap music on the map. Also dudes like oj da juiceman, weebie, shawty lo.

TI hit big with the Trap Mukic album but it was the mixtapes from those guys above that everyone in the hood was blasting. The trap or die/Can’t Ban The Snowman/I Am The Street Dream (jeezy), Trap House/Chicken Talk/Bird Flu/Back to the Traphouse (Gucci), Juice World/Culinary Art School (OJ), I’m da Man/Guap-A-Holics (Shawty Lo), and all the Boosie/Webbie collabs.

Facts. Couldn't have said it better. Can't forget my guy fox who would kill Webbie tracks.

The only thing I gotta say is TIs first songs that blew up where closer to old school southern music like from No limit and cash money then what Gucci/Jeezy/Boosie made. TI had trap songs, but his songs that really blew up like 24s and rubberband man wasn't really Trap.

Advertisement
Even that was on some neighborhood ****. ZP started as(and still is) a Sabal Palm/Little Haiti thing. You ain't from round there you ain't ZP point blank. Any real member of the Pound will tell you there's Yanks in the Pound, because they're from around the way and their solid. Now it's Zoes from other parts of town (Eastside/Westside North Miami, NMB, etc.) that hold it down in they zone but it's non-Haitians in they circles. It works vice-versa, best believe it's always been Haitian cats who were from the predominantly AA parts and they run with their hoods.

What are yanks? Never heard it before. So your saying a lot of ZP now is made up of non haitians? And a lot of haitians run with the local non haitian crews if thats the area they grew up around?

Yank is another way of saying American.

Good looking out. I heard it from like british people and schit in movies lol, but I didn't know Haitians used it. We got Haitians up here to, but they are basically "Yanks" lol. Like their grandparents are haitians and they still rock the flags, but they never been there. Most are crips.

What are yanks? Never heard it before. So your saying a lot of ZP now is made up of non haitians? And a lot of haitians run with the local non haitian crews if thats the area they grew up around?
African-Americans. No I'm not saying it's made up of non-Haitians, I'm saying that although ZP has always been and always will be majority Haitian (by a lot), there have always been non-Haitian members. The official name for Little Haiti is actually Lemon City and Lemon City was a majority AA and Bahamian descent area before the Haitian influx. Some of them stayed while the area morphed into Little Haiti. Of course after growing up together, they bonded and put down for their side. Since the hood majority Haitian they flew under the ZP name. Places like Overtown, Liberty City, Brown Sub, etc. are majority AA but not 100% so it's always been cats from island backgrounds in those areas. If we grew up/lived together ain't no separation in that regards. I can recall quite a few people I came up with that I thought were AA like most of us round the way until their parents caught them in the streets. Then they'd bust out the perfect patois or Kreyol. I'd be like 👀👀👀...

Advertisement
African-Americans. No I'm not saying it's made up of non-Haitians, I'm saying that although ZP has always been and always will be majority Haitian (by a lot), there have always been non-Haitian members. The official name for Little Haiti is actually Lemon City and Lemon City was a majority AA and Bahamian descent area before the Haitian influx. Some of them stayed while the area morphed into Little Haiti. Of course after growing up together, they bonded and put down for their side. Since the hood majority Haitian they flew under the ZP name. Places like Overtown, Liberty City, Brown Sub, etc. are majority AA but not 100% so it's always been cats from island backgrounds in those areas. If we grew up/lived together ain't no separation in that regards. I can recall quite a few people I came up with that I thought were AA like most of us round the way until their parents caught them in the streets. Then they'd bust out the perfect patois or Kreyol. I'd be like 👀👀👀...

Apprecaite you breaking it down for me bro and dropping that knowledge.

Advertisement
Even that was on some neighborhood ****. ZP started as(and still is) a Sabal Palm/Little Haiti thing. You ain't from round there you ain't ZP point blank. Any real member of the Pound will tell you there's Yanks in the Pound, because they're from around the way and their solid. Now it's Zoes from other parts of town (Eastside/Westside North Miami, NMB, etc.) that hold it down in they zone but it's non-Haitians in they circles. It works vice-versa, best believe it's always been Haitian cats who were from the predominantly AA parts and they run with their hoods.

Thats why i still lol when people throw around the zoe pound..because they really werent that big. (Numbers wise) And were just from a small area in lil haiti. Then random haitians started to claim to be a part of it to put fear in people .

Also they werent ths only "haitian" gang/crew either and definately didnt have Miami sewed up..because that was the time jd, and the people who ross loves to rap about was causing havoc.

Thats why i still lol when people throw around the zoe pound..because they really werent that big. (Numbers wise) And were just from a small area in lil haiti. Then random haitians started to claim to be a part of it to put fear in people .

Also they werent ths only "haitian" gang/crew either and definately didnt have Miami sewed up..because that was the time jd, and the people who ross loves to rap about was causing havoc.

Who as it sewed up right now? Just each block is run by its own set? Its sad its run like that, I know they know how to get organized. Over on the islands they run it like the mob. Look how Arnel Joseph runs his crew. Hopefully he comes home real soon, his case is looking good from what I hear.

Thank you fam, I know exactly what you mean. I used to hear people false claiming the Pound and I'd laugh in their faces thinking, I got a few homeboys that'll be on your *** right now for that...

Who as it sewed up right now? Just each block is run by its own set? Its sad its run like that, I know they know how to get organized. Over on the islands they run it like the mob. Look how Arnel Joseph runs his crew. Hopefully he comes home real soon, his case is looking good from what I hear.
No one man or hood has the city locked up. Never has and never will. What you have is a lot of symbiotic relationships going on. Miami is about the bread first. If we can get money together then we can coexist and maybe we'll turn out to be cool. Everybody holds down their areas and some hoods have natural alliances. I'll give you the Little Haiti/Wynwood/Overtown example. Wynwood is a predominantly Hispanic area and the only traditionally Boriqua neighborhood in Dade. If you had a problem with Puerto Ricans, that wasn't your part of town. It's known for the art scene/Design District now, but when I was coming up that was one of the roughest places in Miami. Now if you drive down NW 2nd Ave. you're gonna pass through these 3 areas in succession. These cats wind up going to school together, move in and out of each other's neighborhoods, etc. If groups of people have been intermingling since elementary school they're gonna eventually become allies many times (although not always the case). So let's say you got problems with the Towners, you can't assume to be safe in Wynwood or Little Haiti because you don't know who in those areas are down with the cats in OT that you're beefin' with...

Advertisement
Back