OT: Popeyes chicken sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
certainly a great marketing ploy by them to pump up their chicken sandwich with advertising, limit supplies so they sell out quickly, which in turn drives demand, and even delay rolling it back out to create this frenzied anticipation.

We just follow like lemmings. Well done, Popeye's.
Followed what McDonald's did with the McRib sandwich. It's all crap food, but the people keep falling for it.

Finally tried one at a TA in Lake Park, GA yesterday.

Was okay. Six bucks for a sandwhich was not.

Chick Fil a is delicious and don't have to wait in line. Wendy's is delicious and I don't have to wait in line. Both have great customer service. Popeyes has the worst customer service ever and I refuse to wait in line for a ******* sandwich.

And yet... After my sis got me one, I'd still take Popeyes over either one. 🤷🏾‍♂️
But still won't wait in line, **** all that...

Advertisement
I watched Game Changers on Netflix. Check it out, it's really enlightening and goes in depth about athletes (including UFC, NFL, college, Olympian, strong man, ultra distance runners) who have gone plant based. I still partake in the occasional chicken sandwich or burger...but having gone mostly plant based in my diet, I have more energy, stamina, and overall haven't felt this good in years.

Never thought I would be THAT guy breaking into a conversation about delicious chicken sandwiches to get on a soapbox about plant based diets (and i am not 100% plant based) ...but it has me feeling great. Was definitely worth cutting back on my Popeyes and Chick fil A consumption.
I am 100 percent wfpb for the last few years.

Looking back, I would say that knocking out all ultra processed food was the difference along with a end of oil and added sugar being huge. The combo of oil and carbs is a recipe for weight gain.

All that said, I am not convinced that grilled lean meats are really bad. I think that is where the fanatics try to use wfpb to move their animal rights agenda. I would argue that grilled lean meat is better for you then processed bread save for the Eziekel (sp?) type real whole grain.

On an upside, if you like to cook, it is a great diet. And most restaurants have enough options. The happy cow app is great too.

Weird thing to me is that people at the office think that I don’t eat “real food.” Save for one runner, they all look like 70 years old is unlikely.

1. I've had both sandwiches (Popeyes), and the Spicy is wayyy better than the regular. Not even in the same ball park.
2. IMHO, Popeyes spicy is better than CFA. I like the flavor, the crunch, and the chicken filet is larger. I give Popeyes a 8.5/10, CFA a 7/10.
3.Both are good, but its fast food, sooo neither is really special. Definitely not worth going to jail over. They're some family owned joints that can put both to shame.
4. KFC sandwich can compete with the other 2, when they don't put too much **** mayo on it. The pickles on the KFC sandwich are pretty **** good tho, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .
This info is coming from a real live fat ***, so it's pretty much the gospel, and should be treated as such.
Here’s the thing, I’ve had better but not for the price. I go into some of these restaurants, and by the time you add tax and tip I’m paying close to $20. Popeyes I paid like $4

Ok I had The spicy chicken sandwhich last night. I don’t understand the hype it gets but regardless it was pretty **** good and definitely better than the regular Popeyes chicken sandwhich. With that being said you can’t really compare this sandwhich with chick fil a. Imo kfc sandwhich can be more closely compared to chick fil a than Popeyes
Did you order it Burnt # Chernobyl??

Advertisement
**** no son. Popeyes took the chicken sandwich and perfected it. I consider it to be the 2001 canes in regards to fast food items.

elite lies! Lol

I ate it when it first launched..I threw half of it in the street in Oakland Park Blvd.

Wendy’s spicy chicken sammich..no mayo, add honey mustard...thank me lata.

I haven't had one suppose to cop one tomorrow I'm like watch this **** be a bodega type sandwich. I'll stick to the Chinese happy garden wonder bread hot sauce and a patty with an jugged ice tea.

Throw a patty on that Jamaicain Coco bread bro. Banging.

elite lies! Lol

I ate it when it first launched..I threw half of it in the street in Oakland Park Blvd.

Wendy’s spicy chicken sammich..no mayo, add honey mustard...thank me lata.

Thats my go to too brother exactly the same, no mayo. Honey BBQ goes banging on that schit too.

Advertisement
I am 100 percent wfpb for the last few years.

Looking back, I would say that knocking out all ultra processed food was the difference along with a end of oil and added sugar being huge. The combo of oil and carbs is a recipe for weight gain.

All that said, I am not convinced that grilled lean meats are really bad. I think that is where the fanatics try to use wfpb to move their animal rights agenda. I would argue that grilled lean meat is better for you then processed bread save for the Eziekel (sp?) type real whole grain.

On an upside, if you like to cook, it is a great diet. And most restaurants have enough options. The happy cow app is great too.

Weird thing to me is that people at the office think that I don’t eat “real food.” Save for one runner, they all look like 70 years old is unlikely.
I ate a lot of meet while on a hardcore low-carb diet. Lost 80-90 lbs. No bread, not even Ezekiel. (True ancient grains, if following Bible would include ****). Lots of chicken, salmon, some beef (red meet in moderation.)

Advertisement
I ate a lot of meet while on a hardcore low-carb diet. Lost 80-90 lbs. No bread, not even Ezekiel. (True ancient grains, if following Bible would include ****). Lots of chicken, salmon, some beef (red meet in moderation.)
I'm still on mine. Doing it a lot more casual. Just avoiding high carb foods, starch and sugar. Honestly never felt better. Cholesterol is down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back