OT: Popeyes chicken sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Who has a better one?
I’d take a Zaxby’s club sandwhich over either with zax sauce. KFC colonel sandwhich isn’t bad at all and can compete with chick fil a or Popeyes chicken sandwhich imo tbqh. I had The original Popeyes sandwhich but not the spicy one so i have to definitely try that

Reactions: WIN
I will give them fried fish, that is something they can cook. It is just that I don't like fish so I don't think about it. But you are right.
I see that fried fish...and raise it a fried Grouper sandwich from Timmy's Nook on Captiva Island circa 79-95...Every Chef in Captiva and Sanibel ate there...

Advertisement
1. I've had both sandwiches (Popeyes), and the Spicy is wayyy better than the regular. Not even in the same ball park.
2. IMHO, Popeyes spicy is better than CFA. I like the flavor, the crunch, and the chicken filet is larger. I give Popeyes a 8.5/10, CFA a 7/10.
3.Both are good, but its fast food, sooo neither is really special. Definitely not worth going to jail over. They're some family owned joints that can put both to shame.
4. KFC sandwich can compete with the other 2, when they don't put too much **** mayo on it. The pickles on the KFC sandwich are pretty **** good tho, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .
This info is coming from a real live fat ***, so it's pretty much the gospel, and should be treated as such.

Last edited:
Had one tonight it wasn't all that **** is basic af......I'm like burger King original taste better to me lol. Maybe I got different taste buds man but the **** wasn't all that to me. Good bread though

Very overrated.

Solid , nothing special. I even went back and was going to try the spicy sammich and they were like it’s not spicy , it just has spicy mayo on it. Wtf?

So it’s just a basic sammich with some sauce that’s spicy , gotcha .

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’d take a Zaxby’s club sandwhich over either with zax sauce. KFC colonel sandwhich isn’t bad at all and can compete with chick fil a or Popeyes chicken sandwhich imo tbqh. I had The original Popeyes sandwhich but not the spicy one so i have to definitely try that
I've had em all and Popeye's is the best imo

I see that fried fish...and raise it a fried Grouper sandwich from Timmy's Nook on Captiva Island circa 79-95...Every Chef in Captiva and Sanibel ate there...
Yeap. We ate there a few times. My wife loved the Grouper. I do not like fish so I would eat anything else. The only fish I find okay is cobia. Got a little bit of beef taste or maybe it is just the texture. I love to fish but not eat them. That makes me popular during snook season. I love to fish for large-mouth bass and snook remind me of them so I go after them. Release most but keep some to give to friends -- they have to clean them, I don't like anyone enough to clean fish for them.

Best thing over there is the breakfast by far. Black pudding is awesome, as is white pudding. And "canadian" bacon is done right.
I agree. It takes true talent to ***** up breakfast. Pudding is very good. I love real bacon but I also love ham, so canadian bacon works too.

Advertisement
Ok I had The spicy chicken sandwhich last night. I don’t understand the hype it gets but regardless it was pretty **** good and definitely better than the regular Popeyes chicken sandwhich. With that being said you can’t really compare this sandwhich with chick fil a. Imo kfc sandwhich can be more closely compared to chick fil a than Popeyes

I agree. It takes true talent to ***** up breakfast. Pudding is very good. I love real bacon but I also love ham, so canadian bacon works too.
Lord knows they try though. Baked beans for breakfast?

Why is Wendy's Spicy chicken Sando getting no love? It's not the best but it's definitely in the conversation.

Go Canes!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Ok I had The spicy chicken sandwhich last night. I don’t understand the hype it gets but regardless it was pretty **** good and definitely better than the regular Popeyes chicken sandwhich. With that being said you can’t really compare this sandwhich with chick fil a. Imo kfc sandwhich can be more closely compared to chick fil a than Popeyes

Agree it's apples to oranges. Besides what makes CFA great is you get the waffle fries, sauces and unsweetened tea with your meal. No other fast food place does that, at least not that I've been to. I don't eat regular fries and I don't drink pop so...

I figured that the only one who could truly answer the "Who makes the Best Chicken Sandwich"....would be a man of GOD

So be fair, I asked a Priest, a Reverend, a Rabbi and an Imam..... After they put their differences aside and stopped fighting and started eating....

They all quickly agreed that Popeye's Spicy is the best.

Last edited:
Which is amazing. Olive location was the original I believe. Fire *** subs.
Russo's is awesome. Used to eat at downtown WPB location.

I like John Smith Subs too but not as good, more a nostalgia for the old neighborhood.

Your food opinions simultaneously crack me up and make me want to beg forgiveness to all the Saints on your behalf...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back