OT: Popeyes chicken sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even real Chicken...

It's synthetic factory made "meat".
Serious? I have not had one yet but that is a bitter disappointment. Popeyes is my favorite bone in fry chicken. Chick fil a is my go to for boneless. My Pop's was the best fry chicken I ever had. No franchise comes close to a good southern home cook with caskirion skillet full of crisco shortening or bacon grease. When taught junior high inner city, I always had class parties, even when they were not allowed, so I could sample "momma's" fried chicken. Some got real close to my pop. When that happened, that class had as many parties as I could find an excuse for -- your do have to send a plate to principal first thing to co-op them.

Advertisement
It was on point to me but **** all that waiting and throwing hands over that. Hum when Publix makes a chicken sandwich

Bunch of amateurs in here.

This:

Screenshot_20191108-141617_Gallery.jpg

+

This:

Screenshot_20191108-141502_Gallery.jpg

= the BEST chicken sammich you'll ever have. Not to mention that you can have 10 of them plus have $5 left over for a gallon of sweet tea and a few lotto tickets for the cost of a single meal at Chick-fil-A.

To **** with any cheap as s drive through
I only eat where I can go in and have a pint if stout while waiting for food
Using the word "pint" kind of destroys the moment. Sounds like Irish, English or Welsh pup. Worse frigging food know to man in all of them. Nastiest fighters this side of Afghanistan but probably because their food just ****ed them off.

Advertisement
Using the word "pint" kind of destroys the moment. Sounds like Irish, English or Welsh pup. Worse frigging food know to man in all of them. Nastiest fighters this side of Afghanistan but probably because their food just ****ed them off.

You do realize plenty of non Irish restaurants that serve good American food serve stout beer also.

Popeye's is good - but man it can never live up to the hype. Head to head, I give the Chick Fil-A Spicy Chicken Deluxe the "W" in a photo finish.

Advertisement
oE6PSOC.jpg

This always made me laugh when this chicken sandwich **** was going absolutely crazy

Just had one after waiting in line for 25 minutes.
The bun is not as advertised, and the chicken is ok and not all that.
This has been a hype event on all media, and fell far short of expectations.
Scale a 5 out of a 10.....ok but mehhhh..

Advertisement
Game Changers is an incredibly effective story about how people don't really understand correlation is not causation. Additionally, how to misinterpret studies on vague terms like "meat." Yeah, if you're crushing hambugers and processes meats, naturally you're going to be facing some trouble. Also, if you move to plant-based, you need to consider other variables that might "make you feel better."

No I agree. Nothing wrong with lean meats in moderation as far as I am concerned. I have been getting less sleep than I used to, but my energy levels are up. The only thing I have changed is the amount of animal protein that I eat (I went from 1 or 2 meals a day to 1 or 2 meals a week). I eat much more plant based protein now and don't drink dairy products. Maybe it's other factors that I don't know are happening, but the changes started to occur just as I was changing my diet.

Advertisement
No I agree. Nothing wrong with lean meats in moderation as far as I am concerned. I have been getting less sleep than I used to, but my energy levels are up. The only thing I have changed is the amount of animal protein that I eat (I went from 1 or 2 meals a day to 1 or 2 meals a week). I eat much more plant based protein now and don't drink dairy products. Maybe it's other factors that I don't know are happening, but the changes started to occur just as I was changing my diet.
In other words...
Animal proteins, and dairy.....sap your energy.
Plant proteins.........increases your energy levels.
Tell the truth....... you have cheated with a Ben& Jerry on the side.....now fess up...and you know it.

certainly a great marketing ploy by them to pump up their chicken sandwich with advertising, limit supplies so they sell out quickly, which in turn drives demand, and even delay rolling it back out to create this frenzied anticipation.

We just follow like lemmings. Well done, Popeye's.

Agreed. Thought it was odd that a chicken joint ran out of chicken. Props to those in charge at Popeyes creating a mass hysteria over just a decent sandwich.

Pretty good stuff. I always say "do whatever makes you feel and perform best." The documentary is just frustrating because of how it interprets certain things and communicates its "findings" (i realize it's basically a commercial) to the audience. So, I've had people who know I'm into health/wellness be like "I gave up meats! You should definitely try it too! You eat a lot of steak!" Except they used to chug big macs and microwavable bacon and, since moving to veganism, they also focus on meditating and getting 7 hours of sleep. Yeah, of course they're likely to feel better. Lots of variables there. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back