OT - Ozark Season 3

It’s fiction. That has nothing to do with my point. Fiction or factual it's a DERANGED SHOW and that's is why society is like it is today because of shows like this.
Are you one of those people that buys miracle spring water from the 3am infomercials

Advertisement
It’s fiction. That has nothing to do with my point. Fiction or factual it's a DERANGED SHOW and that's is why society is like it is today because of shows like this.

Maybe this show is a reflection of society more than the other way around.

I don’t think the world is the way it is today because of fictional dramas. I don’t suddenly have the urge to launder money for Mexican cartels because I happen to like a drama on Netflix.

I also used to play FPS a lot when I was in high school and college, it did not make me want to go out and commit mass murder

Not that I’m a prude, and I don’t care, usually most of the time the nudity is unnecessary to be honest. Obviously in a ****y bar you have to have nudity though.
Im the same. Nudity in most shows just seem forced and most of the time unnecessary. It feels really weird saying that. 15 year old me is not happy lol

If you are a follower (which I was ) of OZARK you may want to think again. The series has literally ZERO REDEEMING QUALITIES unless you consider murder, corruption, cheating, lying, stealing, more killing, horrific family values, etc as acceptable. When you murder a baby, kill people with no remorse or reason, constantly lie & cheat to further a cause of deceit then it becomes a dark place. Yes, I did do some soul searching and did not like what I found. YOU HAVE A SERIOUS MORALITY PROBLEM IF YOU LIKE THE SHOW. THIS SHOW REPRESENTS EVERYTHING WHICH IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY and I'm embarrassed to say I watched it. Yes, I did some soul searching and it was ugly!
It's fiction, relax

Advertisement
That's that Georgia accent! Where the show is really filmed.

You make a good point, but usually shows will make an effort to get accents right, regardless of where the filming takes place. Fargo (TV) is filmed in Calgary, Alberta, not Minnesota-North Dakota, but they get the accents right (the movie Fargo was filmed in Minnesota-North Dakota).

It's like watching Kevin Costner in Robin Hood. The accent is just wrong.

Finally finished season 3 last night. Wow. It’s funny because the show is a blatant Breaking Bad ripoff but it’s still done so well, I enjoy the **** out of it. Ruth is making her way onto my all time favorite TV characters list

I think a primary difference is that Walter White went from innocent to drug kingpin all on his own, the choices were his, and the show depicts this break with his prior life. In Ozark, Marty has been working for the cartel for a decade in a very quiet fashion, and the dishonesty of his business partner (and his acquaintances) have forced Marty into a more hands-on role in the money-laundering process. The show depicts how he transfers his "book accounting" skills into the more operational job of money laundering.

If you are a follower (which I was ) of OZARK you may want to think again. The series has literally ZERO REDEEMING QUALITIES unless you consider murder, corruption, cheating, lying, stealing, more killing, horrific family values, etc as acceptable. When you murder a baby, kill people with no remorse or reason, constantly lie & cheat to further a cause of deceit then it becomes a dark place. Yes, I did do some soul searching and did not like what I found. YOU HAVE A SERIOUS MORALITY PROBLEM IF YOU LIKE THE SHOW. THIS SHOW REPRESENTS EVERYTHING WHICH IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY and I'm embarrassed to say I watched it. Yes, I did some soul searching and it was ugly!
I am 100% laughing my *** off at you.
Your soul was ugly before the show my man, it has nothing to do with what you saw on a tv. Blaming morality on a tv show? Nah, blame it on your parents and the people you surround yourself with.

Advertisement
Moving Zen my parents were the best people in the world. Mom and Dad lived happily for 65 years. They never ever swore or drank and were absolutely gems. The people I hang out with are solid citizens with impeccable reputations. I'm laughing my *** of because you made comments thinking you are some smart ***.

Advertisement
Moving Zen my parents were the best people in the world. Mom and Dad lived happily for 65 years. They never ever swore or drank and were absolutely gems. The people I hang out with are solid citizens with impeccable reputations. I'm laughing my *** of because you made comments thinking you are some smart ***.

I grew up listening to Trick Daddy, 2 Live Crew, Poison Clan, heavy metal, etc. and lived through (partaked in) the evolution of gangster rap all while enjoying wholesome movies/shows such as Goodfellas, Scarface, Godfather, Sopranos, etc. Now I work with severely autistic children, coach teenagers, never had a drug, cigarette or alcoholic beverage in my entire life and have no arrest record.

Meanwhile, my friends who's parents sheltered them from such entertainment turned into pill-popping, degenerate, alcoholic fvck heads with social issues, low morality and terrible manners.

What you watch and/or listen to for ENTERTAINMENT has no impact on what kind of adult you turn into unless your parents are absolutely useless. The problem is when the kid is being raised/influenced by the music/TV because the parents are taking such a hands-off approach.
Entertainment is only as powerful as the parents allow it to be. No music/TV was going to overpower the influence that my parents had.

I grew up listening to Trick Daddy, 2 Live Crew, Poison Clan, heavy metal, etc. and lived through (partaked in) the evolution of gangster rap all while enjoying wholesome movies/shows such as Goodfellas, Scarface, Godfather, Sopranos, etc. Now I work with severely autistic children, coach teenagers, never had a drug, cigarette or alcoholic beverage in my entire life and have no arrest record.

Meanwhile, my friends who's parents sheltered them from such entertainment turned into pill-popping, degenerate, alcoholic fvck heads with social issues, low morality and terrible manners.

What you watch and/or listen to for ENTERTAINMENT has no impact on what kind of adult you turn into unless your parents are absolutely useless. The problem is when the kid is being raised/influenced by the music/TV because the parents are taking such a hands-off approach.
Entertainment is only as powerful as the parents allow it to be. No music/TV was going to overpower the influence that my parents had.

hey man great post.. honest question... you never had even a cold beer in this south Florida summer?

My parents had zero idea what I was listening to, watching or doing, and I didn’t turn out to be gangster rapist serial killer.

Advertisement
Two questions I'm left with.
1. What will become of the burnt poppy the FBI agent put in the evidence bag in season 1?
2. Who was on the other side of the window in Jonah's last scene?

Advertisement
Back