OT: Oregon won’t allow athletes weight/bf to be measured

Advertisement
forcing 17yr old elite athletes to get boosted, only to take away all their hard work over nothing.

but advising people to not be fat f*cks is doing harm? What a clown world we are in
1000% . If we truly cared about Covid, we would lead with Diet and Exercise.

Advertisement
Homer Simpson GIF

I dont have an issue with it being left to individual choice. Its goofy to me, but I also am not really in a place in life where I'm overtly concerned about my weight, so my opinion remains just that.

The whole interjecting an ideology into a universal format...like, well...virtually any hot topic or debate on any side of it nowadays, is where I personally would like to see the line be drawn in society someday.

But humans inherently can't just leave things well enough alone and get out of their feelings so that'll never be the case lol.

Advertisement
I think my biggest issue with all of this ****, is like you’re saying: the overreaction or pendulum swing

If they’re lining people up like cattle and shooting them if they don’t fall in certain limits that’s one thing

But as we know there’s sports out there that this data is very useful
As usual there’s no sense of balance to anything. Either a thing is 100% not a problem at all or it’s the absolute worst problem ever.

If coaches measuring weight and body fat could lead to an eating disorder, couldn't professors measuring academic success lead to anxiety and psychological disorders? Where does this lead?
Although I disagree with the changes addressed in the article, your analogy is flawed. While the professors are measuring the desired goal of higher education, the coaches are measuring factors that may impact the goad of athletic success. A better analogy would be professors measuring your sleep cycles and time under REM sleep.

I dont have an issue with it being left to individual choice. Its goofy to me, but I also am not really in a place in life where I'm overtly concerned about my weight, so my opinion remains just that.

The whole interjecting an ideology into a universal format...like, well...virtually any hot topic or debate on any side of it nowadays, is where I personally would like to see the line be drawn in society someday.

But humans inherently can't just leave things well enough alone and get out of their feelings so that'll never be the case lol.
That’s the mother f*cking truth right there.

I'm going to create a "Don't Charge Me" card for when I go to the bar but don't want to feel guilty for spending my kids college savings on trying to take home the 2am ***** by buying all her fat friends top shelf liquor.
You’re new picture 😂😂

Advertisement
The reaction to a "problem" usually tends to be an overreaction. A blanket approach is seldom helpful. For football players, the most important metric is performance. Weight, and BF% do not determine performance but can be useful metrics to help explain the performance. Is the weight optimal for the specific player's frame? Is added BF impacting quickness? Can weight help one understand if a player's diet is working for him? There are a bunch of questions that might be answered with these metrics.

The numbers are not the goal but eliminating them simply means the coaches and players have less data to consider. In most cases, I would think we want more data/information, not less.

Actually, humans are naturally lazy. It’s a fact. But, it doesn’t mean that we should forget about our health. If fat men used to be considered wealthy and desired, now they are just too lazy to do some exercise. Actually, 20-30 minutes of daily exercise could significantly improve our quality of life. But, who cares, man. Anyway, we should always strive for better results. Tbh, I have extra 20 kilos, and it used to seem that I would never lose them. But now, as my smart scales show https://www.vont.com/product/smart-scale-bathroom-scale-weight-scale/, I’ve already lost 13 kilos. And I think it’s great. That’s how self-respect is being built. Doing things that you don’t like builds your discipline. That’s what I think. And, it’s a pity to say, but we live in an age of undisciplined tiktokers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Another poster said “good thing they don’t have a wrestling program”....what if they did? Does it regress into an open weight challenge, where a 119 lb athlete gets placed against what would previously have been a 200 lb heavyweight, but now “we simply can’t know” because no weigh ins are allowed?

Advertisement
Back