OT: Ole Miss v MSU

Advertisement
If Lane comes here, do the Touchdown Rings get replaced by fire extinguishers on the sideline? Is there any penalty for that by the way? I saw it in the game, but I didn't see if there was a penalty at all or not.

If not, it will be an unsportsmanlike penalty when the Canes start doing it. lol

If Lane comes here, do the Touchdown Rings get replaced by fire extinguishers on the sideline? Is there any penalty for that by the way? I saw it in the game, but I didn't see if there was a penalty at all or not.

If not, it will be an unsportsmanlike penalty when the Canes start doing it. lol
We will be up 40 points so who carss about piling up the penalties! Oh i miss those days of domination 😀

College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Make that six of the last seven games, his team has held opponents under 26 points...but he "gives up 40 a game" according to Zbum.

Home. Run. Hire. #LetsBeJerks

College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Make that six of the last seven games, his team has held opponents under 26 points...but he "gives up 40 a game" according to Zbum.

Home. Run. Hire. #LetsBeJerks

Look Lane is a better option than what we’ve rolled out in the past, but don’t get over excited with his sophomoric histrionics. He just beat a shlt team with some fūcked up coaching, he didn’t just win an NC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Most wont believe this, but I don't think Kiffin condones his defense faking injuries (at least in this game). He has too much respect for Leach to tell his players to do it.

You could see it in his face that he didn't approve when the big guy went down at the end. I know the timing was suspect, but the camera also showed him limping off through the players on the sideline. He might've transformed into a dancing bear after that, but he deserves an Emmy if it wasn't legit.

I think Cristobal is Plan A, B and C for the Columbus Crew - they seem dead set on getting him. I hope that the Kiffin leak has them at least considering other options though.

No go isn't an option though, Diaz has to be fired.
Everyone has a plan...

until reaility punches them in the mouth. *

*settle down fücktardos, I'm well aware of the actual quote and who it's attributed👀👀👻👻👻

IF Miami goes all in on Mario AND he doesn't QUIETLY AND QUICKLY give a "thanks but no thanks" reply....

brace yourselves for at least the possibility of Manuela 2022 Tour👇

SyxsPAG2YH05y.gif

Advertisement
If his name was Mark Christiensen & wasn’t a former Cane, our BOT wouldn’t even know who he was lol

I think he’s done a very good job at Oregon too, but the Miami biases are glaringly obvious in this situation.

And honestly, I’m not even mad at that, because it’s to be expected. Of course a former player having great success at another program would make our fans have him in high demand, it’s within the same ballpark as Michigan fans fawning for Harbaugh when he was a Stanford & San Fran or UGA fans wanting Kirby Smart after his tutelage under Saban.

Even though I’ve been very vocal about not being as high on Mario as most, I actually think he’d still lift us to a more respectable level, where I have questions is what he would do with the offense because I believe what he wants to do would take longer to translate & we might have some early growing pains.

My issue isn’t even really with fans, Mario is a very good & almost too good to be true no brainer candidate, I just wonder if the new money guys who are commandeering control over the program are willing to give anyone else a chance, or if it’s just a Mario or no one proposition. The familial ties seem too deep to overcome in that situation.

I just hope it works in our favor if Mario is the guy, because if not, we’re gonna be stuck with him for a long time...
Agree 100%, Lane is the perfect fit for this Miami roster right now. He would make us significantly better overnight (just like he did with lesser talented Ole Miss). The cons? He would probably go elsewhere in 2/3 years and there is always the chance he f*cks up with some extra-field stuff, recruiting efforts are also a ? with him. I would be all in with Lane though.

Mario would probably be a lifer at UM and he would do a very good job imho if he hires two good coordinators, he would just need more time than Lane to get it done.

No candidate is perfect and there is no sure thing in this coaching carousel (hence why you see many "hot names" signing big extensions to stay where they at) but if Miami, somehow, manage to fire Diaz and get Lane or Mario I'd be a VERY happy Italian man.

just don't be Michigan st, to give all that money to a coach who hasn't been to a bowl game or won! at the end of the day it's a business u have to do it slow n right!!

Advertisement
If his name was Mark Christiensen & wasn’t a former Cane, our BOT wouldn’t even know who he was lol

I think he’s done a very good job at Oregon too, but the Miami biases are glaringly obvious in this situation.

And honestly, I’m not even mad at that, because it’s to be expected. Of course a former player having great success at another program would make our fans have him in high demand, it’s within the same ballpark as Michigan fans fawning for Harbaugh when he was a Stanford & San Fran or UGA fans wanting Kirby Smart after his tutelage under Saban.

Even though I’ve been very vocal about not being as high on Mario as most, I actually think he’d still lift us to a more respectable level, where I have questions is what he would do with the offense because I believe what he wants to do would take longer to translate & we might have some early growing pains.

My issue isn’t even really with fans, Mario is a very good & almost too good to be true no brainer candidate, I just wonder if the new money guys who are commandeering control over the program are willing to give anyone else a chance, or if it’s just a Mario or no one proposition. The familial ties seem too deep to overcome in that situation.

I just hope it works in our favor if Mario is the guy, because if not, we’re gonna be stuck with him for a long time...
The hope i have with mario is that he tried to hire rhett when we got him so maybe he's open to a spread offense, but i still think we'd win with the stuff moorehead runs. His run designs are great, he's a good situational play caller, u can tell he actually has a gameplan on how they want to attack a teams weaknesses. There's different ways to win in football and lane is the flashy way but i think tvd or even jake with moorehead can be great.

What else needs to be said or done.

Lane is the man Miami is built for.

Imagine the possibilities..
Honestly if you look at how Oregon have played this year and how Kiffin has got Ole Miss playing - Cristobal would have to be twice the recruiter for me to even consider him over Lane.

Alas I don't have the money or the power to influence the decision.

Advertisement
Back