OT: Ohio State season possibilities

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25719

Ohio State has adjusted their plan for the 2020 season today.IF there is football the home games will be limited to 20k fans maximum with a possibility of no fans. This is less than 20% capacity. Last week OSU home games were at 40k AND 6k students. Football is a 120 million dollar payday for them and right now it looks like it’s going the wrong way. When the premier teams in the country start looking at these types of alternatives, I think it’s time for concern. The Power 5s run college football and Ohio State is the Big 10. Season is in big trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The Power 5 run football?

Someone alert the media.
When we sell the amount of season tickets and are the brand OSU is, please let me know. If they cancel their season the game us in trouble. They are one of the Big Boys. Dominos will fall.

Ohio State has adjusted their plan for the 2020 season today.IF there is football the home games will be limited to 20k fans maximum with a possibility of no fans. This is less than 20% capacity. Last week OSU home games were at 40k AND 6k students. Football is a 120 million dollar payday for them and right now it looks like it’s going the wrong way. When the premier teams in the country start looking at these types of alternatives, I think it’s time for concern. The Power 5s run college football.
Hard to think of something I care less about than OSU.

Advertisement
My point is they are an elite national power and if you believe they don’t carrry more weight than UM you are delusional.

Advertisement
This is why having a big chunk of cement on campus is both a blessing and a curse.

Advertisement
Just posting what a major player is doing and they seem to be trending in the wrong direction.
So what do you think is going to happen? What dominoes are going to far and what direction? Everyone knows that the season may or may not happen and may happen with or without fans.
The way I see it at the school there so depending on the cash cow they would prefer for the season to happen and get some network money and sponsorship money as opposed to not letting the season happen at all.
Also that hundred million dollars in revenue doesn’t all come just from ticket sales. I guarantee you that Ohio state already has the money from the tickets they were going to sell this season. Most of their stadium is probably season-ticket holder’s if not all of it. So they might do a lottery to see who gets to roll over their ticket sales till next season. Or, they may refund the money and let people have games next season. If anything they’re losing out for next season.

giphy (7)-min.gif

Advertisement
3 options
1. Full refund with right to retain next season.
2. Opt in and 20k will be awarded on a system to
Certain donors. If more than 20k opt in , refunds will be
Provided. If you choose to apply payment to next year, you
Move to better seats.
3. Donate your ticket money to OSU Athletics
I think it will be impossible to monitor 105 18-22 year old kids
and keep many of them from testing positive. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see a season this fall.

Ohio State is doing what everyone else is, biding time as best they can, while trying to make conservative arrangements. TV contracts are where the money is, the stadium arrangements are to try to placate their season ticket holders and make some sort of workable system for the season. OSU is not going to bail on the season until the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND. Their season ticket holders want a season, even if just on TV, just like we do.

Advertisement
Back