OT: NFL Draft

Haskins averaged 9'yards per pass last year at Oh St & made countless amounts of NFL level throws all season if you just watch his tape.

The Redskins OC is Kevin O'Connell who coached for the Niners when Chip Kelly was HC & Ryan Day was QB coach there.

People are really missing the mark hating on Haskins, the kid has a big arm, throws with velocity & is the most accurate QB in the draft, he set records & put up one of the best seasons within the last decade of college football. He can play.

I haven’t read much hating on Haskins. I find that most people love his skill set. Howevah, you will be hard pressed to find many success stories in the pros of guys who were only one year starters in college and left early. Currently, I believe trubisky is the only starter to have that criteria. Odds are stacked against Haskins bc there’s a reason not many one and doners do well in the pros. The other concern on Haskins is that the system at OSU was predicated on lots of short throws. I’ll have to dig it up but I reas a stat where over 600 yards were on screen passes and another 500-600 yards were from really short throws. Anyway, no doubt he’s talented but I would have been nervous to draft him based on the above. Definitely more upside than Jones, which was such a meh pick.

And of course, fins found a way to tie themselves to a subpar qb and not going after lock

Advertisement
200K people at the draft. Goodell did an incredible job turning this into an event.

But but but the precipitous decline of football in this country is imminent!

You'd be lucky to get 20k to attend the NBA Draft AND that's if you offered free beer and a meet-and-greet with both Van Gundys.

Having a **** 7 win season really hurt the seniors - Willis, Jaquan, Redwine, Mike Jack

If we were playing on the big stage all year these guys prob would’ve gotten drafted a round or two higher

Willis is a 2nd/3rd talent

Jaquan - 4/5th

Redwine - 4/5th

Mike Jackson - 3-4th

But they’ll prob all be drafted a round or two later than they should

Doesn’t help that we’ve had a few first round busts lately (Burns, Dorsett)

Mike Jack is limited in coverage. Had a good 2017, but definitely not enough film at that point to warrant a day 1 or 2 selection. Scouts want to see production over time and consistency.

I was basing it on not just the year he had in ‘17 but also the DB depth in the draft this year. Last year he may have gotten a reach based on his size and stats alone. Sometimes having less to critique is better than more.

Man I tried telling yall no way in **** our guys were going before the 4th.

Joe Jackson is the only one that I thought really had a shot, and I think he'll be the first Miami guy off the board in the 4th. The only guys I can really see going ahead of him at EDGE are Maxx Crosby, D'Andre Walker, and Anthony Nelson, and Porter Gustin cause of athleticism.

At DT, there actually isn't much competition, so I guess Willis could be coming off soon...maybe Rennell Wren, Terry Beckner Jr, Daylon Mack, Charles Omenihu...But that's why I said it was smart for McIntosh to enter the draft last year. This DT class was just deep as ****.

At Safety, there is a surprising amount of top players left, so that's just going to push Redwine further. Now maybe hes more like a 5th rounder, as Chauncey Gardner, Deonte Thompson, Amani Hooker, are all still available. I don't see any ways Jaquan goes before round 6, unless the only reason a team drafts him is because of his leadership or something.

Corners have been falling pretty hard. Michael Jackson has no shot of being drafted in the 4th imo. With julian love, amani oruwariye, kendall sheffield, Kris Boyd, Savion Smith, Iman Marshall, etc...I just don't see it.

Pretty crazy with the corners. My Steelers got Justin Layne (Mich St) a CB with size that had a 2nd round grade at pick 83. Even Greedy Williams went way later than I anticipated too.

Advertisement
Its always wise to declare early for the NFL draft when you finished your Age 21 season as an All-Conference Honorable Mention player...

especially when you are gonna put in that work to test as a 3rd percentile athlete. You just gotta go pro at that point.

Its always wise to declare early for the NFL draft when you finished your Age 21 season as an All-Conference Honorable Mention player...

especially when you are gonna put in that work to test as a 3rd percentile athlete. You just gotta go pro at that point.

dude could have had 20 sacks and would have been honorable mention.Not sure why u list that when its typical for a miami guy to NOT be all acc.

Dont know his financial situation....but guys like Joe Jack we kind of knew would be 3 and done. I would of loved him back another year though...and a larger production and less dline heavy draft may have pushed him up...but these guys agents arent telling them that.

Someone gonna get a steal though with Willis and Joe Jack

Advertisement
Having a **** 7 win season really hurt the seniors - Willis, Jaquan, Redwine, Mike Jack

If we were playing on the big stage all year these guys prob would’ve gotten drafted a round or two higher

Willis is a 2nd/3rd talent

Jaquan - 4/5th

Redwine - 4/5th

Mike Jackson - 3-4th

But they’ll prob all be drafted a round or two later than they should

Doesn’t help that we’ve had a few first round busts lately (Burns, Dorsett)
Guys from Bum**** Uni are being drafted over them. Our record doesn't mean anything.

dude could have had 20 sacks and would have been honorable mention.Not sure why u list that when its typical for a miami guy to NOT be all acc.

Dont know his financial situation....but guys like Joe Jack we kind of knew would be 3 and done. I would of loved him back another year though...and a larger production and less dline heavy draft may have pushed him up...but these guys agents arent telling them that.

Someone gonna get a steal though with Willis and Joe Jack

I mention it, because its rare for a player that isn't that well regarded in college to be a high round pick. Couple it with how poor he tested and I have no idea why anyone here thought he'd be a high pick. Same with Jaquan Johnson. When you test that poorly, on what planet do you think he is a Day 1 or Day 2 player?

That isn't to say he will be a bad player, but we gotta look at the data points we have available to us. Right now, he's not that good of a prospect. Can he be a good pro? Sure. Absolutely. But he needs to come in and get better. Too many Fs on his offseason report card.

He isn't Calais Campbell (former First Team All-ACC)...and you're hoping he's Olivier Vernon, but lightening doesn't often strike as many times as Miami fans think it will. I hope he has a career, but my ceiling for the guy has been moved south significantly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Y’all ever think age play a factor in this with Willis? Isn’t he 24?
I think its more of the off field stuff. Walter football had willis with a 2nd-3rd round grade and a top 10 DT. But had him being drafted in the 4th and 5th rounds in mock drafts.

Advertisement
Much as I’d like to see Canes get drafted ASAP, selfishly I’d be happy to see one fall to the Dolphins in Round 5 because we have no 4th rounder.

Advertisement
Back