OT: NFL Draft

Lots of players on the board who I'd love Miami to take with the 16th pick of Round 2:

Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Greedy Williams, Rock Ya-Sin, Justin Layne, Lonnie Johnson Jr., Jaylon Ferguson, Nasir Adderley, etc. I'd love if Miami snagged one of those 8. ****, I'd even be down for Drew Lock in Round 2, that'd be tremendous value.
That's what I was coming over to ask. I want some OL help now so Ford or Taylor would be great picks. I wouldn't mind Greedy or Murphy from Washington if we go CB.
What do you think about Mcgary from Washington ,Risner from K State and McCoy from A & M at OL ? Greg Little ?

Advertisement
That's what I was coming over to ask. I want some OL help now so Ford or Taylor would be great picks. I wouldn't mind Greedy or Murphy from Washington if we go CB.
What do you think about Mcgary from Washington ,Risner from K State and McCoy from A & M at OL ? Greg Little ?
Yeah, I forgot Murphy is still there, he's another dude I'd be happy with in Round 2. Can't say I'm as well versed on those OL guys you named as I am on Taylor and Ford.

Advertisement
Surprised Greedy Williams is still available. He looks like a R1 CB to me, but the arm length was a bit concerning. Its not a deal breaker, but you need to lower the ceiling a little bit. Still, thought late round one...thought he provided a ton of value.

Surprised Greedy Williams is still available. He looks like a R1 CB to me, but the arm length was a bit concerning. Its not a deal breaker, but you need to lower the ceiling a little bit. Still, thought late round one...thought he provided a ton of value.
Honestly didn’t expect him to run as fast as he did at the combine. His stock seemed to drop for whatever reason

Dave Gettleman better save his money and don't make any large purchases....what a friggin idiot...lol
I thought Mike Mayock was going to put some sense into Chucky Gruden.....lol
Jets got best player in the draft.
Steelers made the best pick for their team and system.

Advertisement
Dave Gettleman better save his money and don't make any large purchases....what a friggin idiot...lol
I thought Mike Mayock was going to put some sense into Chucky Gruden.....lol
Jets got best player in the draft.
Steelers made the best pick for their team and system.

Another guy who can't read the room.

Where does Ferrell, Jacobs, and Abram go if the Raiders do not take them? I don't think its out of this world to say they are going significantly later in the draft.

I will say this about Mayock, and Jeremiah was right last night...Ferrell is the exact kind of guy you know Mayock would love and if he were on TV throughout the process touting Ferrell as a top guy, there is a good chance the parrots of DraftTwitter end up liking him a lot more...

With that said...taking an EDGE as unathletic as Ferrell is problematic and very risky.

His athletic comps are Kevin Dodd, Rasheem Green, Tyquan Lewis, and Victor Abiamiri. These are guys that were all pretty productive in college, poor athletes, and went in Round 2 and had pretty nondescript NFL careers.

Another guy I had a problem with taking high that everyone loved because he was a poor athlete...Derek Barnett. And...well...he's another that has been pretty nondescript as a pro.

Raiders ultimately trade Mack and Cooper for Josh Jacobs and Johnathan Abram...that'll not age well.

Here are some quotes from Mayock in the past about players that are very similar to Ferrell.

Derek Barnett -- "I love the energy. I love the toughness. People either loved or they didn't like him because he didn't have explosive measurables in the combine. But his tape is too good and I think the city of Philadelphia is going to love him." "

Kevin Dodd -- "He's a little big of a one-year wonder at Clemson. He didn't play much before this season. He's a long athlete, not real twitchy, but can set an edge. He will be difference maker over time in the pass game."

Tyquan Lewis -- "He's got inside-out versatility. When you get off the bus at a road game, he's the first human being off the bus. Impressive looking dude. There are a lot of people that think he might be a better pro than college player down the road."

Just throwing it out there...but Mayock clearly likes these kind of players.

Advertisement
This is a draft that is heavy with Trench players. Dolphins will have access to at least one decent OT with their next pick. That OLine needs help big time.

Here are some quotes from Mayock in the past about players that are very similar to Ferrell.

Derek Barnett -- "I love the energy. I love the toughness. People either loved or they didn't like him because he didn't have explosive measurables in the combine. But his tape is too good and I think the city of Philadelphia is going to love him." "

Kevin Dodd -- "He's a little big of a one-year wonder at Clemson. He didn't play much before this season. He's a long athlete, not real twitchy, but can set an edge. He will be difference maker over time in the pass game."

Tyquan Lewis -- "He's got inside-out versatility. When you get off the bus at a road game, he's the first human being off the bus. Impressive looking dude. There are a lot of people that think he might be a better pro than college player down the road."

Just throwing it out there...but Mayock clearly likes these kind of players.
I get it that he likes these types but he should have had the sense to trade down and pick this dude later on and gotten himself extra ammo. How could he have convinced himself that he needed to get him at 4 or he would be off the board?

Advertisement
Willis going second round or third? Wish he was healthy enough to workout I think with good workouts he woulda gone mid 2nd.

I get it that he likes these types but he should have had the sense to trade down and pick this dude later on and gotten himself extra ammo. How could he have convinced himself that he needed to get him at 4 or he would be off the board?

You're preaching to the choir, bud.

I said in a previous post...he is another guy that didn't read the room.

Rock Ya-Sin will be the steal of the 2nd Round.

The Ravens don't have a 2nd round pick (as of now) or need anymore Corners, but whoever drafts Rock is getting a future All-pro. That kid is pure Lockdown Corner with crazy high upside due to his physical traits.

The only knock on him is he doesn't have elite ball skills, but he's a kid that will excel at the NFL level.

Rock Ya-Sin will be the steal of the 2nd Round.

The Ravens don't have a 2nd round pick (as of now) or need anymore Corners, but whoever drafts Rock is getting a future All-pro. That kid is pure Lockdown Corner with crazy high upside due to his physical traits.

The only knock on him is he doesn't have elite ball skills, but he's a kid that will excel at the NFL level.
I would love if Miami took him 2nd round, I mentioned him earlier as one of the 9 dudes left I really want.

That said, he looks like he might be 38 years old which could cause him to drop:

Advertisement
Back