OT: NFL Draft

Would anyone be upset if the Phins took a guy like Ryan Finley in the 3rd if he was still available? I know they're saying tank for tua but Finley had a really good career at NCST.

Advertisement
Would anyone be upset if the Phins took a guy like Ryan Finley in the 3rd if he was still available? I know they're saying tank for tua but Finley had a really good career at NCST.
In the 3rd, I'd be OK with it. But in the 2nd I'd prefer they picked a player at more of an imminent need like OL/DE/CB.

I don't want Josh Rosen unless it's for a 3rd. Why give up more? He hasn't shown a **** thing in the NFL and Arizona has zero leverage in trade negotiations.

Advertisement
In the 3rd, I'd be OK with it. But in the 2nd I'd prefer they picked a player at more of an imminent need like OL/DE/CB.

I don't want Josh Rosen unless it's for a 3rd. Why give up more? He hasn't shown a **** thing in the NFL and Arizona has zero leverage in trade negotiations.

I agree we need to focus on the OL/DE/CB in the second round.

3rd pick this year and a 2nd next year would/should get the job done imo
We absolutely better not give up a 3rd this year AND a 2nd next year. Our 2nd next year might be the first pick of the 2nd round. And AZ has no leverage, why would we do that?

We absolutely better not give up a 3rd this year AND a 2nd next year. Our 2nd next year might be the first pick of the 2nd round. And AZ has no leverage, why would we do that?
I just doubt they would give Rosen away for cheap. Maybe 2 3rds will get the job done

Advertisement
I just doubt they would give Rosen away for cheap. Maybe 2 3rds will get the job done
AZ has a major problem and distraction on their hands if Rosen and Murray both have to report to camp together. They don't want that circus or that clouding Murray's development. Sure, AZ wants a lot in return, but they have no leverage.

Right now it's great that both Lock and Finley are still on the board. Miami can just draft one in the 2nd round if they wanted (or maybe Will Grier in the 3rd) and save like $3M in cap space for their deals versus Rosen's 1st round contract.

I'd offer no more than a 3rd for Rosen if i had multiple, and I'd consider it a $20 scratch off lotto ticket. Probably a loser, but worth the risk, I guess.

You might really be just outbidding yourself on this guy if you go higher.

AZ has a major problem and distraction on their hands if Rosen and Murray both have to report to camp together. They don't want that circus or that clouding Murray's development. Sure, AZ wants a lot in return, but they have no leverage.

Right now it's great that both Lock and Finley are still on the board. Miami can just draft one in the 2nd round if they wanted (or maybe Will Grier in the 3rd) and save like $3M in cap space for their deals versus Rosen's 1st round contract.

There is no major problem, IMO. Rosen was a bum last year and the bulk of his salary moving forward is already taken care of. If the Cardinals just let Rosen compete and take a backup role...they might be better off than just trading him because...injuries happen. With that said, Arizona stinks so bad, they need help everywhere so if they can pick up some value for Rosen and put it elsewhere on the roster, thats not bad either, but they overplayed their hand expecting a first from damaged goods...but at this point, Rosen can shut his mouth and compete and ultimately accept a backup role (or beat out Murray -- but thats not happening).

There is no major problem, IMO. Rosen was a bum last year and the bulk of his salary moving forward is already taken care of. If the Cardinals just let Rosen compete and take a backup role...they might be better off than just trading him because...injuries happen. With that said, Arizona stinks so bad, they need help everywhere so if they can pick up some value for Rosen and put it elsewhere on the roster, thats not bad either, but they overplayed their hand expecting a first from damaged goods...but at this point, Rosen can shut his mouth and compete and ultimately accept a backup role (or beat out Murray -- but thats not happening).
It's a problem because Rosen is said to be ****ed about the Murray pick and has already deleted the AZ Cardinals on IG and Twitter. He's not playing the good boy scout role you're mentioning. And that's the last thing you want your #1 overall pick to deal with in camp, some beef with Rosen. He's 100% getting traded, only AZ wants you to think they may keep him.

Advertisement
LMAO!!!!!!! Homer all day. Bush is way better than Pink and Shaq. I'm guessing you only watch Miami play.

No I watch Devin Bush arm tackle and drag players to the ground his entire cfb career... he’s not on the level of Pickney and Shaq.

AZ has no leverage. They played this terribly. I would give no more than a 3rd for him. Whatever happens, please don't let the pats take him. I could absolutely see Rosen succeeding there.

Advertisement

Rosen has been a bum since his senior year in HS.

AZ has no leverage. They played this terribly. I would give no more than a 3rd for him. Whatever happens, please don't let the pats take him. I could absolutely see Rosen succeeding there.
Bingo. And it doesn't help AZ's cause that Lock, Finley, Grier, and Jackson are all sitting there. Miami could address the QB any number of ways (if they even want to).

Honestly, I wouldn't even waste a 3rd on Rosen if a guy like Gerald Willis or Joe Jackson is there. Why? We're landing Tua or Herbert next year in all likelihood and have many other needs than QB.

Bingo. And it doesn't help AZ's cause that Lock, Finley, Grier, and Jackson are all sitting there. Miami could address the QB any number of ways (if they even want to).

Honestly, I wouldn't even waste a 3rd on Rosen if a guy like Gerald Willis or Joe Jackson is there. Why? We're landing Tua or Herbert next year in all likelihood and have many other needs than QB.
I like the QBs next year more too. I just won't judge a QB off of their first year, especially being put into a terrible situation. He had one of the worst Oline, rushing game, and WR corps. I think his OC got fired mid year. People left Goff for dead too.

Advertisement
Back