OT: NFL Draft

He's one look at someone the wrong way from never getting a second look. The definition of boom or bust. Talent has always been there, but yeah...he's a lotto ticket.
Yeah he’s been through a lot and it’s unfortunate that his past issues has cost him from being a high draft pick. He actually was mike Harley old highschool teammate in Georgia before he went to St. Thomas Aquinas

Advertisement
Watch out for Preston Williams former 5 star receiver who just signed with the dolphins as an undrafted free agent. Talent wise he should have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick but he had past issues. He’s going to make that roster though
My boy balling out for the dolphins. Rosen seems to be impressing lately as well

My recap of the Dolphins draft:

Very solid, if unspectacular. This year's draft will hinge on Josh Rosen, who presumably will start for Miami in 2019. I love the Christian Wilkins pick, and unfortunately as Canes we know all too well how good Wisconsin's OL is, so I like the Deiter pick in the 3rd. I wasn't thrilled with the value we gave up for Rosen given AZ's lack of leverage, but to trade down in the 2nd round with New Orleans and get a 2020 2nd round pick from the Saints was shrewd. The only Miami pick I really dislike is Van Ginkel in the 5th when we could have had Joe Jackson, who fills a more pressing need at DE than ILB and who I predict will be the better pro. I like the rest of the draft, I think Price is an underachiever at OT from Ohio State who can pay dividends if motivated. When I was reviewing tape of Dwayne Haskins I noticed how well his pocket was protected. Well, we got one of the key guys responsible for that. Drafting Myles Gaskin in the 7th is great value and we only have Drake and Ballage, neither of whom appear to be three down backs, so I think Gaskin has a great shot at making the roster as a 3rd down back. The other 7th round pick was a top rated FB, which in the 7th round you can't complain about, although I would have drafted Gerald Willis instead.

UDFAs, I absolutely love the pickup of WR Preston Williams. Dude is a 6'3" former 5 star recruit from Tennessee who transferred to Colorado State and had some domestic violence issues which caused him to drop in the draft. But watching the tape, I am convinced Williams has a great shot of making the 53 man roster. This was a player some had with a mid-round grade who dropped due to some off-field issues a la Gerald Willis.

Overall grade: B+
Peep the Preston Williams commentary. Kiper ain’t got **** on us, @brock

Advertisement
Back