OT: New UCF Facilities

Not that I actually give a shīt, but selectivity is a stupid measure to compare schools.

You're saying that #accepted divided by #applications gives you academic preferability. Dead wrong.

Every single academic ranking that counts (USNews, Forbes, ARWU, etc) has FSU ranked way above UCF, and USF ranked marginally above or tied with UCF. I mean I hate FSU, but don't tell me UCF is academically better - it isn't by a long shot. The same way UM is ranked way above FSU.

Not smart to make claims like that when they can be easily disputed.

The only reason FSU is ranked higher than UCF and USF, is because of 6 year graduation rates. Ucf and USF and predominately commuter schools who cater to different types of students not just the traditional student like UF and FSU. Older commuter students who work while going to school tend to take longer to graduate. State schools in large cities tend to have more of the non traditional students and unfortunately is it brings the schools ranking down when those students take so long to walk. FSU would be an academic joke if they were based in a city like Orlando, Tampa or Miami.

Advertisement
I graduated from UCF.

**** UCF. Garbage *** scrub *** school.

I never went to a single game and ALWAYS wore my Canes **** to each tailgate. I couldn't afford UM and no way in **** I was going to FIU, UF , or FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back