OT: New Bagman documentary. $EC sanctions?

Advertisement
Godfrey is an alumnus of Ole Miss and seems to be pretty well connected in the SEC. He's probably most well known for this piece about bag men in the SEC Meet the Bag Man

Most of his stuff that I've read has been pretty good so I'd expect it to be fairly legit although could be a bit biased because of his ties to Ole Miss.

Zero chance. These are sophisticated operations. The Waltons are part of Arkansas' "foundation". My old boss was running a $3B fund. You would need FBI involvement. Payouts are $30,000 per player, so you are looking at evaded income of $900,00 per SEC team. Sony's family attained $200,000, so the witholding there is $100,000.... {I started calling the IRS this year.}

Without committed Federal involvement the bag game will not change. Too many people getting paid. It is an economy unto itself.

Advertisement
Mark Emmert's existence means that this guy could have evidence detailing every transaction, multiple witness accounts & video of someone with an Alabama staff shirt giving out payments & nothing would happen. As I've said before, Emmert hired Saban at LSU & has protected the SEC ever since. Look what it took just to get Ole Miss investigated. They are arrogantly confident that they won't face any sanctions. They'll get a slap on the wrist. Its becauae they know Emmert won't risk punishing them. They could expose way more about the SEC than just the stuff they did. Come on.. Nobody found it strange that Freeze was even allowed to interview with Alabama AFTER all this came out & he was fired for it? Bama certainly wasn't worried about the backlash. Why would Saban want an interview with Freeze? Surely it wasn't to see what freeze knew & to make sure he wasn't talking.. Right?

I wish this guy all the luck in the world. I hope he finds & exposes everything that's out there. But.. It won't matter. ESPN paid how much to air SEC games? And CBS airs the "SEC game of the week" every week. U guys think either of them want to air stories that dismantles the SEC image they've spent years building up?

Advertisement
Mark Emmert's existence means that this guy could have evidence detailing every transaction, multiple witness accounts & video of someone with an Alabama staff shirt giving out payments & nothing would happen. As I've said before, Emmert hired Saban at LSU & has protected the SEC ever since. Look what it took just to get Ole Miss investigated. They are arrogantly confident that they won't face any sanctions. They'll get a slap on the wrist. Its becauae they know Emmert won't risk punishing them. They could expose way more about the SEC than just the stuff they did. Come on.. Nobody found it strange that Freeze was even allowed to interview with Alabama AFTER all this came out & he was fired for it? Bama certainly wasn't worried about the backlash. Why would Saban want an interview with Freeze? Surely it wasn't to see what freeze knew & to make sure he wasn't talking.. Right?

I wish this guy all the luck in the world. I hope he finds & exposes everything that's out there. But.. It won't matter. ESPN paid how much to air SEC games? And CBS airs the "SEC game of the week" every week. U guys think either of them want to air stories that dismantles the SEC image they've spent years building up?

Have to get it to FOX.

This guy gets it. Money talks. Next one they’ll go after is Vandy or Missouri to deflect from the big boys.

Without committed Federal involvement the bag game will not change. Too many people getting paid. It is an economy unto itself.
Until the gov gets involved it will keep going on, tbh I think this will happen soon and Im pretty sure there watching already just collecting that data and waiting till they have enough. I believe bama is fuqed in the future, there enjoying it now but the hammer will go down its just a matter of when.

Until the gov gets involved it will keep going on, tbh I think this will happen soon and Im pretty sure there watching already just collecting that data and waiting till they have enough. I believe bama is fuqed in the future, there enjoying it now but the hammer will go down its just a matter of when.

That sounds more like wishful thinking there bruh.

Advertisement
Sure, everybody loves to chant SEC, SEC at games, but as soon as sht goes down it'll turn out it was just a few bad apples and nobody else is doing it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back