OT: New Bagman documentary. $EC sanctions?

Mark Emmert's existence means that this guy could have evidence detailing every transaction, multiple witness accounts & video of someone with an Alabama staff shirt giving out payments & nothing would happen. As I've said before, Emmert hired Saban at LSU & has protected the SEC ever since. Look what it took just to get Ole Miss investigated. They are arrogantly confident that they won't face any sanctions. They'll get a slap on the wrist. Its becauae they know Emmert won't risk punishing them. They could expose way more about the SEC than just the stuff they did. Come on.. Nobody found it strange that Freeze was even allowed to interview with Alabama AFTER all this came out & he was fired for it? Bama certainly wasn't worried about the backlash. Why would Saban want an interview with Freeze? Surely it wasn't to see what freeze knew & to make sure he wasn't talking.. Right?

I wish this guy all the luck in the world. I hope he finds & exposes everything that's out there. But.. It won't matter. ESPN paid how much to air SEC games? And CBS airs the "SEC game of the week" every week. U guys think either of them want to air stories that dismantles the SEC image they've spent years building up?

This is the truth. Emmert means sec has a get out of jail card

Advertisement
Zero chance. These are sophisticated operations. The Waltons are part of Arkansas' "foundation". My old boss was running a $3B fund. You would need FBI involvement. Payouts are $30,000 per player, so you are looking at evaded income of $900,00 per SEC team. Sony's family attained $200,000, so the witholding there is $100,000.... {I started calling the IRS this year.}

Advertisement
Zero chance. These are sophisticated operations. The Waltons are part of Arkansas' "foundation". My old boss was running a $3B fund. You would need FBI involvement. Payouts are $30,000 per player, so you are looking at evaded income of $900,00 per SEC team. Sony's family attained $200,000, so the witholding there is $100,000.... {I started calling the IRS this year.}

IRS needs to start with the kids and families. They will probably claim the money was a gift, otherwise they are guilty of failure to report it as income. Once it is claimed to be a gift, the “dooner”. Needed to have reported it and perhaps paid gift tax. Now the bag man is on the hook for massive gift tax and the eating up the chain can begin. Once the continuous nature of the criminal activity, failure to report, is established RICO couldcoeinto play. “Boy, howdie!” It could get interesting then.

Mark Emmert's existence means that this guy could have evidence detailing every transaction, multiple witness accounts & video of someone with an Alabama staff shirt giving out payments & nothing would happen. As I've said before, Emmert hired Saban at LSU & has protected the SEC ever since. Look what it took just to get Ole Miss investigated. They are arrogantly confident that they won't face any sanctions. They'll get a slap on the wrist. Its becauae they know Emmert won't risk punishing them. They could expose way more about the SEC than just the stuff they did. Come on.. Nobody found it strange that Freeze was even allowed to interview with Alabama AFTER all this came out & he was fired for it? Bama certainly wasn't worried about the backlash. Why would Saban want an interview with Freeze? Surely it wasn't to see what freeze knew & to make sure he wasn't talking.. Right?

I wish this guy all the luck in the world. I hope he finds & exposes everything that's out there. But.. It won't matter. ESPN paid how much to air SEC games? And CBS airs the "SEC game of the week" every week. U guys think either of them want to air stories that dismantles the SEC image they've spent years building up?

I think if we ever wake up to Sportscenter announcing that Saban is leaving for the NFL again thats when you know the sh#t is about to hit the fan.

Not really. Look what's going on in college basketball right now. When it comes to the government, the number 1 driving force is money, and that's what we're talking here.

Nobody and I mean Nobody gets away from the IRS. Capone found out the hard way.

It's not the 4 and 5 star recruits that go on to have stellar college football careers that will eventually be a team's downfall -- most of the time. It's the 4 and 5 star recruits that get paid and then don't crack the starting lineup or have beef with the coaches. The guys that transfer and no longer have loyalty and/or benefits from the dirty school like Bama.

Look at how SMU's death penalty scandal broke. You had two players who were upset over playing time and snitched on the school, Sean Stopperich and David Stanley. One transferred from SMU and the other had his scholarship taken away. THIS is what the FBI and any investigation needs to focus on: guys from Bama, UGA, and everywhere else that were blue chip recruits who transferred or left the team on bad circumstances. They'll spill the beans if given immunity for any tax evasion.

Advertisement
IRS needs to start with the kids and families. They will probably claim the money was a gift, otherwise they are guilty of failure to report it as income. Once it is claimed to be a gift, the “dooner”. Needed to have reported it and perhaps paid gift tax. Now the bag man is on the hook for massive gift tax and the eating up the chain can begin. Once the continuous nature of the criminal activity, failure to report, is established RICO couldcoeinto play. “Boy, howdie!” It could get interesting then.

Completely concur, and this is why I think that basketball was a test run for football. In basketball, you recruit 3-5 players a year and football signs 25-30 (with greyshirts, etc...). The legal wall of these foundations is dense, but it also benefits the FBI to learn how the "elite" dodge societal rules. Any payment over $14,000 is taxable; therefore, ALL payments made by the SEC are taxable. I have been speaking with the IRS' Atlanta office about this. I think that football is next.

One more thing. Goergetown and Duke pay when you are on campus. They do not pay for recruits. You find envelopes, someone gives you cash, etc... They also pay small amounts. Each player probably receives a couple thousand dollars a month. The Louisvilles and Arizonas of the world are the foolish ones that lavish signing payments on players.... In football, the entire SEC pays. Am not sure about the Big 10, but excluding Vanderbilt, the rest of the SEC's teams are all respectively paying out over a million dollars a year in recruiting. The potential bounty for the IRS is colossal.

Completely concur, and this is why I think that basketball was a test run for football. In basketball, you recruit 3-5 players a year and football signs 25-30 (with greyshirts, etc...). The legal wall of these foundations is dense, but it also benefits the FBI to learn how the "elite" dodge societal rules. Any payment over $14,000 is taxable; therefore, ALL payments made by the SEC are taxable. I have been speaking with the IRS' Atlanta office about this. I think that football is next.

One more thing. Goergetown and Duke pay when you are on campus. They do not pay for recruits. You find envelopes, someone gives you cash, etc... They also pay small amounts. Each player probably receives a couple thousand dollars a month. The Louisvilles and Arizonas of the world are the foolish ones that lavish signing payments on players.... In football, the entire SEC pays. Am not sure about the Big 10, but excluding Vanderbilt, the rest of the SEC's teams are all respectively paying out over a million dollars a year in recruiting. The potential bounty for the IRS is colossal.
Yeap. Once you bring in RICO and start measuring endowments for seizure the numbers get huge. No reason not to toss the schools in as co-cospriators.

That's 14,000 per person. (Assuming that's the maximum this year) When you add Momma and daddy and a few brothers and sisters and maybe a cousin or two you can get it done and still be clean with the IRS. Plus if that doesn't do it you could spread the payments over a couple of years as the 14,000 is a maximum per year. Now that's really "taking care of your family" as so many recruits say.

That's 14,000 per person. (Assuming that's the maximum this year) When you add Momma and daddy and a few brothers and sisters and maybe a cousin or two you can get it done and still be clean with the IRS. Plus if that doesn't do it you could spread the payments over a couple of years as the 14,000 is a maximum per year. Now that's really "taking care of your family" as so many recruits say.

Yes, absolutely. These are sophisticated operations... Despite that, I think they are using the basketball "sting" as a precursor to football. If you uncover $42,000 in payments to 4 deadbeat cousins, you could tie it back to one recruit and his immediate siblings. The "cousins" will each receive a few thousand for silence, but the final payment will go to the recruit. They could ultimately prove that.

Advertisement
The SEC schools will even pay their commits not to visit certain schools. It’s what happened with us & WR Devonta Smith who landed at Bama.

In what capacity? As an anonymous whistleblower?

Not sure how this will end when a HBO special witch 3 Auburn players telling the world about all the money they rec’d didn’t slow it down.

There’s been several othe instances where players,ex-coaches,agents( handlers) told of players et gpaid and nothing was ever done.

Everyone that follows SEC football or just college football as a whole knows what’s going on and nothing is being done.Also a trip to any major schools chat rooms just like CIS and the IRS would know whose getting paid and how much but yet nothing is done.

It may happen one day that the gov’t says enough is enough and we are looking like fools for not doing anything about it but I doubt my old *** will ever see it.

Advertisement
In what capacity? As an anonymous whistleblower?

No. My accountant's former boss runs that region. I called him a couple of times and spoke to him about the 'Dawgs' and Razorbacks' foundation. He was quite circumpsect during the call and I got the impression that he knew more than I did about it. I think that they are targeting football. Also, Emmert (sic) is enabling, aiding and abetting the various foundations' operations. I think they drop the anvil on the SEC within the next three years.

But....but...but....paying recruits is just a weak excuse and is the rare case?!?!

Advertisement
Back