OT: Need a Cruise line recommendation

___THEU___

Sophomore
OT: If not allowed please delete. Since offseason i figured it was cool to get some help for a die hard Canesfan. Never went on a cruise before. Wanna leave out of Miami area. Thinking like 4-5 Nite Caribbean (West or East?) Its me and my girl, 30's. What Cruise line do you recommend or any tips would be appreciated. Dont really want drunk cruise full of 21 idiots but not looking for a senior citizen route. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Advertisement
OT: If not allowed please delete. Since offseason i figured it was cool to get some help for a die hard Canesfan. Never went on a cruise before. Wanna leave out of Miami area. Thinking like 4-5 Nite Caribbean (West or East?) Its me and my girl, 30's. What Cruise line do you recommend or any tips would be appreciated. Dont really want drunk cruise full of 21 idiots but not looking for a senior citizen route. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Are you sure you want a cruise? Are you guys good on the water? I can ask someone for you. I go to the Caribbean a lot but never on a boat. What are you most interested in doing? Beach, site see...

Just kinda wanna goto some cool spots in the caribean. Kinda curious. Watersports, beach activities, into site see if it wasnt boring. Im soso when it comes to motion sickness but from what ive heard as long as you have a good room its not huge issue? Do you usually fly?

Advertisement
IMG_0209.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 10
Just stay in Miami and do a booze cruise out of bayside one night. Trust me, two hours is all you need.

Then use the money you saved on not going on a stupid cruise and stay at a nice hotel and go to Joe's.

Advertisement
Royal Caribbean -nice ships food not very good for price no better than Carnival.Rooms smaller than Carnival .Celebrity,Holland America are a notch above either but older crowd.Princess ,Norwegian havent sailed them lately. Both about Royal Caribbean level.

Royal Caribbean -nice ships food not very good for price no better than Carnival.Rooms smaller than Carnival .Celebrity,Holland America are a notch above either but older crowd.Princess ,Norwegian havent sailed them lately. Both about Royal Caribbean level.

So you would go RC? Thx.

Advertisement
Just kinda wanna goto some cool spots in the caribean. Kinda curious. Watersports, beach activities, into site see if it wasnt boring. Im soso when it comes to motion sickness but from what ive heard as long as you have a good room its not huge issue? Do you usually fly?

I always fly. I'd hurl on a boat. From what I hear, the room is one part of it but so is having the motion sickness patch, and even that isn't a guarantee.

There are a number of places you can go. The two more affordable options which will allow you to do much of what you want are Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. I'm older than you so I go to the quieter North Coast of the DR. The beaches are beautiful and there are water sports for my kids. Cabarete is great for surfing. Las Terrenas is great for a laidback beach vibe with a twist of Europe blended with a rough edged Dominican fishing village. Not much else to do though except eat in some good places and hang out. Closer to Santo Domingo, you can check out La Romana and see the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo.

I took my kids to Rincon last summer in Puerto Rico where they also surfed. San Juan is a good option for you because you can go to nice beaches and also check out Old San Juan. Unless you plan on going to Cartagena, Old San Juan is a cool place to check out if you like that old Spanish architecture and I like it more than Santo Domingo's Colonial Zone.

The places I've given you are all cool in their own way and more affordable than other parts of the Caribbean.

I don't do all inclusives but if that's what you want then check out Punta Cana in the DR. It's costlier than the rest of the DR. Hope this helps and enjoy wherever it is you go.

Last edited:

I always fly. I'd hurl on a boat. From what I hear, the room is one part of it but so is having the motion sickness patch, and even that isn't a guarantee.

There are a number of places you can go. The two more affordable options which will allow you to do much of what you want are Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. I'm older then you so I go to the quieter North Coast of the DR. The beaches are beautiful and there are water sports for my kids. Cabarete is great for surfing. Las Terrenas is great for a laidback beach vibe with a twist of Europe blended with a rough edged Dominican fishing village. Not much else to do though except eat in some good places and hang out. Closer to Santo Domingo, you can check out La Romana and see the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo.

I took my kids to Rincon last summer in Puerto Rico where they also surfed. San Juan is a good option for you because you can go to nice beaches and also check out Old San Juan. Unless you plan on going to Cartagena, Old San Juan is a cool place to check out if you like that old Spanish architecture and I like it more than Santo Domingo's Colonial Zone.

The places I've given you are all cool in their own way and more affordable than other parts of the Caribbean.

I don't do all inclusives but if that's what you want then check out Punta Cana in the DR. It's costlier than the rest of the DR. Hope this helps and enjoy wherever it is you go.

First/only cruise I went on was good and bad. Food was great but motion sickness made me crap like a wounded goose. The entire cruise I had the Hershey squirts.

Last edited:
Advertisement

There are a number of places you can go. The two more affordable options which will allow you to do much of what you want are Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. I'm older then you so I go to the quieter North Coast of the DR. The beaches are beautiful and there are water sports for my kids. Cabarete is great for surfing. Las Terrenas is great for a laidback beach vibe with a twist of Europe blended with a rough edged Dominican fishing village. Not much else to do though except eat in some good places and hang out. Closer to Santo Domingo, you can check out La Romana and see the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo.

**** RVA, you're on point! I'm paying you the next time I want to book a trip!

There are a number of places you can go. The two more affordable options which will allow you to do much of what you want are Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. I'm older than you so I go to the quieter North Coast of the DR. The beaches are beautiful and there are water sports for my kids. Cabarete is great for surfing. Las Terrenas is great for a laidback beach vibe with a twist of Europe blended with a rough edged Dominican fishing village. Not much else to do though except eat in some good places and hang out. Closer to Santo Domingo, you can check out La Romana and see the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo.

The bigger boats have stabilizers.. you won't feel the boat move. Especially if you go during the summer.

First/only cruise I went on was good and bad. Food was great but motion sickness made me crap like a wounded duck. The entire cruise I had the Hershey squirts.

Cribby with his pants down for reasons other than what we're used to!

I won't go near a cruise.

Advertisement
Back