OT - Narcos Mexico 2

First season of Narcos is all time elite. I’m pumped for Mex 2 just haven’t dove in yet.

I know Kikis story, interested to see the follow up!

If you watched El Chapo then you know how Season 2 goes.

Advertisement
I agree with most posters that the first season of Narcos was an AMAZING show. The Cali season was meh for me and i stopped watching. However based on this thread i binged the first 6 episodes last night and i think it's pretty good right now. I can see where some think it's slow, but unlike Columbia which only had a few major players and most people knew their story, Mexico has A LOT more background info they need to lay down before it makes sense.

So far so good though IMO

This is semi-related but has anybody watched Snowfall on FX? One of the best shows on TV imo
Saw it mentioned here about a month ago and watched the first few seasons. Waiting on the new one but it hasn't been announced yet.

SOOOOOO i should get into Breaking Bad?. someone make me buy in...my co workers have tried and i just couldnt get into it.

Also yall should watch ...TOP BOY on Netflix its pretty solid for a drug game type show out of London.

Being from SFL we’re used to a different kind of druggie vibe.

Breaking Bad taps in more to that SW USA meth-head kind of vibe. A lot of low rent methed out whiteboy skateboard type dudes and of course a lot of mex-americans type mid level dealers and users also...

Later in the series they get into some of the kingpins. The whole pool thing with Don Eladio was a classic

It‘s fiction but very entertaining

Advertisement
I wish they would make a series based off the cocaine cowboys era in Miami. Giselda Blanco, Rivi, and the cops/DEA agents that worked the cases.

Not as good as season 1 for me.. but I enjoyed the Pablo Acosta Villarreal character. Old school, less detestable.

Advertisement
Last 30 minutes of this last season was awesome. Rest of this season, kind of missed the mark.

If you guys like these shows, here are 3 great books.

Killing Pablo- it's about how the US and rival cartels finally got Pablo. This is basically the book version of Narcos but goes way deeper. It's really interesting.

The Cartel by Don Winslow- this book is fiction but it could be real (at least mostly). It's ******* incredible and super intense. This conversation reminded me of it so I'll actually probably read it again. I highly, highly recommend it.

Marching Powder- this is little more off topic but still amazing. It's the true story of an English drug smuggler who gets caught in Bolivia. He has to go to jail and he ends up selling cocaine from inside prison and everyone is on on it. It's still going on today, backpackers go in and buy drugs and it's a whole thing. I went there years ago but it was closed. Every few years the media catches on so politicians close it down and pretend to put a stop to it (but they're corrupt, so it always starts back up).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back