OT: Move to Tampa/St. Pete Area

Advertisement
I have lived in St. Pete for 40 years and love it. Turned down moves to Tampa, NYC, San Diego, and Houston. Like any urban area there are great places to live and bad ones too. It depends on what you want. PM me with specific questions and I will try to steer you straight.

My son lives in the N./NE section near Crescent Lake off MLK. - mostly older homes and all different designs with lovely landscaping. His home is in the $500 range, two story frame built in the late 1920's/early 30's with large salt water pool. However, there are some less expensive homes in the area that are very nice. They have lived there a little over 15 years and love it. Google Crescent lake homes. When my grandson was younger, he went to a private Christian school which is located relatively near there. Downtown St. Pete is fabulous The City Fathers certainly did a great job in development. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

I have lived in St. Pete for 40 years and love it. Turned down moves to Tampa, NYC, San Diego, and Houston. Like any urban area there are great places to live and bad ones too. It depends on what you want. PM me with specific questions and I will try to steer you straight.
Loved it in 87 and 88...Lived in Largo off of Ulmerton Rd...but Chefed at Campenella's on 66th Ave North in Pinellas Park....

I am in the same boat as the OP. St. Pete seems great but I am shocked at how poor the schools grade out. You have to pretty much have the teachers show up drunk to score a 3/10 in a Florida school, yet there a 2/10’s feeding into nice neighborhoods. Get it together down there!

Advertisement
I lived for a few years in Palm Harbor and it's a good area to raise a family. It's a little bit of a commute, but many don't mind.

safety harbor is a great small community and good schools. Dunedin is fantastic but schools not as good. St. Pete is by far the best but much more expensive. good luck.

South Tampa is convenient to most everything, downtown, grocery stores, restaurants etc... Elementary schools are very good (Ballast Point & Wilson) but middle schools are pretty bad, only decent one is Coleman. Plant High is desirable and Robinson isn’t bad plus they have the IB program.

Advertisement
You guys who live in the St Pete area better go to Rays games when baseball starts back up. No more of this 2,000 people at the game bull****. Support your ******* team.
If he moves to Tampa, he'll see why nobody goes to Rays games

A new job and a relocation appears to be on the horizon. Any recommendations on where to house hunt? Looking to stay under $500k, 2 elementary school kids, and fine with a 30 minute commute. The office is located in St. Petersburg not too far from the Howard Frankland Bridge near Old Tampa Bay. Thanks in advance.

[]_[]

Let's keep it real as adults, what your really asking about as part of your relocation is where is the best gentleman's club.

My vote is for Scarlett's Ybor Strip in Tampa, Fl. It's worth the drive up from St. Pete

Go Canes

I am in Palm Harbor with two kids. In the East Lake area and is typical suburbia. Everything here is commutable too. Standard desperate housewives crap though which makes me crazy but the fake **** and Publix are nice. If u got school questions PM me and will be happy to help in any way.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
A new job and a relocation appears to be on the horizon. Any recommendations on where to house hunt? Looking to stay under $500k, 2 elementary school kids, and fine with a 30 minute commute. The office is located in St. Petersburg not too far from the Howard Frankland Bridge near Old Tampa Bay. Thanks in advance.

[]_[]

Here is a link to Fla Dept of Ed school grades. You can download the grades for all the K-12 Schools in Florida in excel then filter for the counties and cities your considering. The report also 10+ yrs of historically data each school as well. That will help you identify the quality of the neighborhood the school serves.

Go Canes

Ruskin
Sun City

Might be a little longer than you want to commute but the area is beautiful and still being built. Bought my house for 195 and it’s worth 215 and it’s only been over a year.

Let's keep it real as adults, what your really asking about as part of your relocation is where is the best gentleman's club.

My vote is for Scarlett's Ybor Strip in Tampa, Fl. It's worth the drive up from St. Pete

Go Canes

You voting scarleet's based on your preference of women?

Doll House for best talent
Penthouse up the road if you are looking to eat a steak while getting a HJ and a good chance of doing blow in the bathroom. I would also recommend the chocolate chip blondie for dessert.

Advertisement

I went to Admiral Farragut Academy and my weekend hangout was Tyrone Square Mall.

Go Canes

The Ybor Strip Scarletts trying to make people think that it has something to do with the Orignal Scarletts on the Courtney Cambell Causeway back in the day. The original Scarletts was across from the Hyatt and next door to another Iconic Tampa full nude club The Tanga. Scarletts was open from 1993-2004, It was bought and torn down by the state, as well as every business in the strip to widen the Courtney Campbell Causeway.

1585760012251.png

Signed,

Peruche

Last edited:
I went to Admiral Farragut Academy and my weekend hangout was Tyrone Square Mall.

Yepper, Alladins Castle use to be a hot spot for me back in the day....

Did you attend Admiral Farragut Academy before it became co-ed?

Signed,

Peruche

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back