OT: Mike Elko staying as DC for Texas A&M (Manny Diaz HC watch)

Advertisement
I could see him taking the job if he aspires to coach in the NFL one day. He's proven plenty as a college DC.

Advertisement
It's not 1995. We're 41-24 in the last 5 years with two CCG appearances, and next year looks like a 10+ win team. He could not be in a better situation.

1544629128392.gif

Advertisement
Like the last 3 HC to come out of there? The last 3 coaches all got P5 jobs.
Manny has no connections in that are whatsoever. He already is not a very good recruiter. Its a setup for failure. If you go there and fail you might be forgotten forever.

Advertisement
still believe miami wouldn't have diaz on the trail last night doing in homes if he had accepted the job or was still in the running. it would be a horrible look for all parties involved.

still believe miami wouldn't have diaz on the trail last night doing in homes if he had accepted the job or was still in the running. it would be a horrible look for all parties involved.

I thought that too, but they didn't clarify his position as TAMU just did

Advertisement
It's not 1995. We're 41-24 in the last 5 years with two CCG appearances, and next year looks like a 10+ win team. He could not be in a better situation.

It’s a solid stepping off job for a lot of the guys on the list who have ties to NE. I don’t think saying it’s a bad idea for Diaz is wrong at same time. He is a SE guy.

Temple would be a great job for Don Brown
Something like LaTech would be a great job for Manny Diaz. Maybe even ECU.

The temple board (along with some Miami posters from 24/7) think that Manny might have turned down or removed his name from consideration. Of course this is a rumor but if indeed true, this is the best news I've had all day.

We should have an announcement soon. It's been reported that Temple has shut things down and has enough candidates to move forward with in making their decision.

The temple board (along with some Miami posters from 24/7) think that Manny might have turned down or removed his name from consideration. Of course this is a rumor but if indeed true, this is the best news I've had all day.

We should have an announcement soon. It's been reported that Temple has shut things down and has enough candidates to move forward with in making their decision.

They also thought that Elko was the name. Clearly, they aren't plugged.

Makes the most sense... If his defense repeats its performance from this past year, he'll be in line for a legit Power 5 coaching job... several tiers above that of Temple

Advertisement
Back