OT: Mercedes Benz

****, that's what I get for not completely understanding what you're talking about. Those do look pretty sweet. What kinda HP can you get out of G35 engine? I'd love to somehow get a body kit or whatever to make my 2014 gt500 look like the 69 Mach 1. That sweetness would keep me from selling it.

That’s why I’m debating about getting a newer car or completely treat my first baby as my hobby.

U can get up there w HP w the Infiniti b/c of the Nismo kits. Even w/o the Vaydor kit, just strictly on modifying the engine w intakes, headers, twin turbo w a chip.....you can easily get up to 600 ponies on the G’s.

The orange Infiniti on this site is my boy’s car. His is an 05 model which is practically the same model as mine. This body shop specializes in fiberglass fabrication. This would be a cheaper, cleaner modification and it’s in my old backyard, but man, I’m so laser focused on that Vaydor kit. Lol.

Advertisement
That’s why I’m debating about getting a newer car or completely treat my first baby as my hobby.

U can get up there w HP w the Infiniti b/c of the Nismo kits. Even w/o the Vaydor kit, just strictly on modifying the engine w intakes, headers, twin turbo w a chip.....you can easily get up to 600 ponies on the G’s.

The orange Infiniti on this site is my boy’s car. His is an 05 model which is practically the same model as mine. This body shop specializes in fiberglass fabrication. This would be a cheaper, cleaner modification and it’s in my old backyard, but man, I’m so laser focused on that Vaydor kit. Lol.

Nothing against the other cars but I'd be laser focused on the Vaydor kit also. I really like it when lowered cars don't have the tires sticking out like they're transforming into a hovercraft. lowered I love, riding out on the edge of the tire not so much.

I always wanted a 70 Mach 1 since I was about 15. I finally got mine 5 yrs ago. It was more project than I expected because if all the things I inspected for problems, the one I couldn't see was the wiring harness. I ended up getting a 90 convertible a few years ago. I had an 89 when I attended UM and discovered I love that 90 more than the 70. Not just because it's driveable, but the connection to my past.

I scratched the itch for the 70 and wish I never had. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Also, I would never again buy anything Nissan (that includes Infinity). In my experience they're a hunk of crap built around a *****in' engine.

state your issues with nissans and infiniti's, I was looking at some g37's

I always wanted a 70 Mach 1 since I was about 15. I finally got mine 5 yrs ago. It was more project than I expected because if all the things I inspected for problems, the one I couldn't see was the wiring harness. I ended up getting a 90 convertible a few years ago. I had an 89 when I attended UM and discovered I love that 90 more than the 70. Not just because it's driveable, but the connection to my past.

I scratched the itch for the 70 and wish I never had. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Man, wiring is a complete, COMPLETE headache.

Advertisement
Not so fast my friend...that's very deceiving.
After that 2nd run, you better go and hide somewhere because you wouldn't be able to keep up with anything with a few extra HP's, let alone high-performance cars.
See below:

View attachment 119121

If you're going to tout performance, shouldn't it happen on a consistent basis?...like, more than once?

Then there's the subject of total performance.
When Tesla gets that thing to stop in less than 100 feet and pull a 1+g on the skid pad, then we can talk.

Porsche is the German **** box I choose.
The batteries and electric motors are getting better every day but the gas engine has pretty much hit it's peak in mass produced cars with emissions. While I do agree you might beat the battery car on a second pass, as a crazy kid I never raced a second time after I kicked someones *** in my 69 camaro. I should have been dead before I hit 20.

We both know if Elon wanted to get it to stop in less than 100 ft and pull a 1+g he could within a few weeks. Just like Porsche was bragging about how they were the best electric track car and Elon went over to Germany and blew that piece of **** away. Look at this, too funny. LMAO.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AtZeIjeu98 Then this one. It won't be close in a few years.

I choose 3 2000 honda Insights and a Geo Tracker for offroad LMAO. Had my camaros and corvettes when I was younger. Drove about 200 miles the other day with my RV towing a TRACKER. Wife followed with one of my Insights, 81 mpg. If I was driving it would have been over 110 mpg. How's your Porch stand up to those numbers? LMAO My best tank on the Insight is 108.8 mpg with total miles 1034 less than 10 gallons used. This is more my speed now. lol They are all just cars to me, none of them impress me.

Last edited by a moderator:
state your issues with nissans and infiniti's, I was looking at some g37's

I've only owned one Nissan...a B15 Sentra SE-R. The ECU went to **** within the first year. Had to be replaced. The transmission started giving me issues in year 4. The paint started going dull within the same time frame. I babied that car and it lasted me less than 5 years before I had to cut bait due to the numerous issues. Never again.

Nissan makes really good ****** engines. The SR20 is legendary as is the RB26...but what surrounds the engine is syphilis with a nice paint job.

I've only owned one Nissan...a B15 Sentra SE-R. The ECU went to **** within the first year. Had to be replaced. The transmission started giving me issues in year 4. The paint started going dull within the same time frame. I babied that car and it lasted me less than 5 years before I had to cut bait due to the numerous issues. Never again.

Nissan makes really good ****** engines. The SR20 is legendary as is the RB26...but what surrounds the engine is syphilis with a nice paint job.
So they're just like Chevy then.

The batteries and electric motors are getting better every day but the gas engine has pretty much hit it's peak in mass produced cars with emissions. While I do agree you might beat the battery car on a second pass, as a crazy kid I never raced a second time after I kicked someones *** in my 69 camaro. I should have been dead before I hit 20.

We both know if Elon wanted to get it to stop in less than 100 ft and pull a 1+g he could within a few weeks. Just like Porsche was bragging about how they were the best electric track car and Elon went over to Germany and blew that piece of **** away. Look at this, too funny. LMAO.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AtZeIjeu98 Then this one. It won't be close in a few years.

I choose 3 2000 honda Insights and a Geo Tracker for offroad LMAO. Had my camaros and corvettes when I was younger. Drove about 200 miles the other day with my RV towing a TRACKER. Wife followed with one of my Insights, 81 mpg. If I was driving it would have been over 110 mpg. How's your Porch stand up to those numbers? LMAO My best tank on the Insight is 108.8 mpg with total miles 1034 less than 10 gallons used. This is more my speed now. lol They are all just cars to me, none of them impress me.

I ain’t got $200k lying around like that; but after watching this video; I’m definitely buying a Tesla Roadster over any Benz, BMW, or Italian supercar. I love speed, and more speed. Going from 0-60 in under 2 secs??? And a top speed over 250??? On 600 miles one way???????!!!! Give me that, all day, EVERY day.

Advertisement

I have a 02 nissan maxima I use for transportation to work and back solely, which I'll probably end up keeping just for that. However, it's starting to give me some issues. The 3.5L engine in this particular nissan actually uses oil, nissan took care of that issue by 04 I believe but from 02-03 it uses about a quart for every 1000 miles driven.

Being a 6 speed manual, the slave cylinder is going out on it. I also had to deal with a cracked radiator, however that is probably my fault for not really keeping up with the car. Some of the electronics are starting to work when they feel like it as well.

I mean the car has 183k miles, so I suppose this stuff is to be expected.

I was going to get another nissan but I just can't do it because of those CVT transmissions they're putting in them now. I don't think the sentra even has the cvt, yet yours broke quite quickly which is surprising and disappointing.

I'm not an EV guy., sorry.
You're the one who mentioned performance with your post. It's not there on a consistent basis for that car.
Your 69 Camaro (love it) is a different story.
You were ready full tank, half tank, almost empty (preferably). You didn't have plug in and recharge for your best run.
Comparing electric and combustion is apples and oranges anyway.

You made my point about total performance. Elon went out and re-did the roadster, it looks great and it's the best performing car in the world.
It also costs $200k. That kind of performance costs $$.
This car was the one you should have posted the first time, not the Model S.
Eventually, I would love to have one.
2.1 is niiice, I want to see a 5 run average. Or when the battery is 1/2 spent. My guess is after a few, you'll be in the mid-2 range?
Decent assumption given the Model S.
Porsche is saying the new Turbo will be in the 2.3/2.4 range. A simple access-port tune will cut a tenth or two off that.

Tesla is ahead of the EV game right now. In a few years?...everyone will have caught up.
We'll check back in 2025.

Nah, I don't care to impress anyone.
My play car is an '09 911 S. The dam thing is now 11 years old now. 18 mpg!
It's probably worth around 55k.
I have as much fun tweaking it and working on it as I do driving it.

I'll just end this by saying...
You should have kept the Camaro.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A car is more than a conveyance to some people.

Driving a Tesla is like ******* a **** star with a condom. You can keep your sterile battery powered smart car.

I'm a man. I demand control.

A car is more than a conveyance to some people.

Driving a Tesla is like ******* a **** star with a condom. You can keep your sterile battery powered smart car.

I'm a man. I demand control.
EuhidVsRs4g5a.gif

You all fear the mighty performance curve of my AMC Pacer.

WANNA GO!!??

HUH!!!??

That's what I thought.

Advertisement
You all fear the mighty performance curve of my AMC Pacer.

WANNA GO!!??

HUH!!!??

That's what I thought.
What year? They did put the 304 in that and there was some hp to be had from the straight six.

Buy a Tesla it will blow away either one. Engineered eat BMW's alive. LMAO Not sure what those German **** boxes do very well.

German **** boxes. https://electrek.co/2020/05/18/tesl...ieves-new-record-quarter-mile-cheetah-stance/
Tesla rated WORST by JD Power today for interior quality and fit & finish. Worst... buy a German BMW or Mercedes. They make the best automobiles in the world and can do it making more than one. Sucks for them, but everyone I know that owns one says great motor but the rest isn’t good. Not trolling, but I’ve been on point about them. Also see the stock hitting 3000 a share within the next 24 months, due to coming China sales

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back