OT: LSU STAR WR opting out

You really think an NFL vet. Cares if you choose to play for free for another year or not?

The answer is no. NFL could careless they came up through the same bogus “student@
-athlete” system.

The real reasons Trevor Lawerence is staying is because 1) he’s already getting paid.
But 2) he actually needs to have an amazing season like Joe Burrow and put out more tape to make sure he can minimize the offset language in the contract.

He will be 1/1 based on his pedigree and while the money is mostly the same. The contract language is not.
Did you call him a ***** and say we are going to kick your *** after he told you the real reason why he's not opting out? Did you ask or did he tell how much he's getting paid?

Advertisement
The Opt-out is the Grand Equalizer for the powerhouse programs...

They'll get 1-2 seasons out of their top tier athletes & then those kids are outta there.

The 5-star kids will eventually realize they don't have to sit & wait on the stacked up teams like Bama, Oh St, UGA, LSU, Clemson etc, they'll just go somewhere they can start as a TF, play a season or 2 at most & then opt-out & prepare for the draft.

Not gonna be able to hoard all the elite talent anymore, recruiting will be all about getting fast-tracked to the league in 2 seasons tops.

As they should. And don’t get it twisted, I hate that idea. I love college football more than I love my family and friends and dog. I want to see all the best players stay and play as long as possible. But a kid like Chase, a kid like Lawrence...they’d have been multi-millionaires this past April had it been allowed to enter the draft after year 2 vs year 3. How is it remotely fair to deny a kid the right to make millions of dollars?
More than your dog even?

Advertisement
No doubt, if I were a First Rounder, I’d be the proverbial fat guy playing dodge ball.... ”OUTTA HERE”.

This x 1,000...

If you're a WR worth a **** you better get the **** out of Scott Linehan's Pro style bro Offense as fast as you can. That mf'er had Megatron & Matt Stafford & it took him 4 years to figure out he needed to feed Megatron the ball lol.

Calvin Johnson literally only had ONE 100 catch season under Linehan.

LSU without Joe Brady is about crash back down to Earth, they'll be a dink & dunk ground & pound factory all over again.
Great. **** LSU.

Every year y'all talk $h!t about LSU and every year they've exceeded expectations since Orgeron's been there...it's like deja vu...y'all don't get tired of this $h!t??? LOL

It's not too long ago that LSU was hemorrhaging recruits left & right outta state and everybody had em' projected for eternal dumpsta fiya status, now look at em'...what ya'll gotta say for ya'll selves?

Advertisement
If I'm a GM choosing between a guy who loves football and one of these opt out guys I'm picking the football guy every time.
Bingo.

These kids opting out are weak sauce any way you slice it.

Business decision they say? Nothing signals a GM more that you'll have a player who doesn't give a crap about your team and will threaten to hold out every year unless he is the highest paid at his position than opting out.

These weak sauce players will get away with it this year because half of CFB isn't even playing, but try this on a normal year? GMs will draft the player that performed all day.

****, scouts already had this discussion when it was about meaningless bowl games that the team wasn't even in contention anymore. Imagine an entire season.

Advertisement
This one actually makes sense. Majority of that offense is gone. Brain behind the operation also went back to the NFL. He was going to have a "down" year.

No play...no scholly

Academic schollies normally require a certain GPA. Willfully and unilaterally deciding no to play means no scholarship. After all, he did sign to play football at LSU

Advertisement
This x 1,000...

If you're a WR worth a **** you better get the **** out of Scott Linehan's Pro style bro Offense as fast as you can. That mf'er had Megatron & Matt Stafford & it took him 4 years to figure out he needed to feed Megatron the ball lol.

Calvin Johnson literally only had ONE 100 catch season under Linehan.

LSU without Joe Brady is about crash back down to Earth, they'll be a dink & dunk ground & pound factory all over again.
Never down voted you before but if you ever remind me of Linehan days in Detroit again I will report your ***.

What’s different this season is players has been given the opportunity to opt out while saving face because of the pandemic.

But would he have done this otherwise? Probably not. Had there been no pandemic, he’d be playing this year.

So what will this change going forward in future seasons?

Well.....players could still opt out.

Nothing says they can’t just say “fūck it - I’ll just skip my final year of eligibility and not risk getting injured so I remain a 1st rounder”

But is that going to really happen in the future?
I wonder if draft picks are going to remain high given their performances in 2019 and sitting 2020 out. If they do, more will follow suit in the future. If they drop while those that played the season leapfrog them? That could mean kids staying for that final year so they don’t lose potentially millions.

The Opt-out is the Grand Equalizer for the powerhouse programs...

They'll get 1-2 seasons out of their top tier athletes & then those kids are outta there.

The 5-star kids will eventually realize they don't have to sit & wait on the stacked up teams like Bama, Oh St, UGA, LSU, Clemson etc, they'll just go somewhere they can start as a TF, play a season or 2 at most & then opt-out & prepare for the draft.

Not gonna be able to hoard all the elite talent anymore, recruiting will be all about getting fast-tracked to the league in 2 seasons tops.
Libert, do you think that will help or hurt Miami? I can see us using the parity of college football and let it be known we’ll play you early if you LOI with the Canes. But stacking talent at each position would mean those high 4* and 5* players would in theory look elsewhere wouldn’t they?

Advertisement
Back