OT: LSU STAR WR opting out

Advertisement
These guys are making business decisions. They know they’re getting drafted high so why chance it is the thought process. I understand for certain but it also puts new light for me on the competitiveness of Trevor Lawrence, who has everything to lose, and is out in front about playing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You can't unring this bell. This will be a permanent part of college football. Eventually, they'll allow sophomores to declare for the draft.

As they should. And don’t get it twisted, I hate that idea. I love college football more than I love my family and friends and dog. I want to see all the best players stay and play as long as possible. But a kid like Chase, a kid like Lawrence...they’d have been multi-millionaires this past April had it been allowed to enter the draft after year 2 vs year 3. How is it remotely fair to deny a kid the right to make millions of dollars?

Advertisement
I dont blame any position player thats not a quarterback for opting out. QB's are different in that they are the leaders of their team. You cant be the captain and jump ship. That will haunt you on the next level as far as earning respect in the lockerroom.

Advertisement
Back