OT.....LAST CHANCE U premieres July 28 on Netflix

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
Looking forward to this, especially since my football itch needs to be scratched in a bad way. But also because prior seasons have been well done, edited, and entertaining, including the past typical lineups of interesting (and often infuriating) characters and misfit coaches.

Oakland's Laney College is the subject school this season.

I’m not very familiar with this school and was wondering if any of you have any familiarity with it, or anecdotes you’d like to share.

Advertisement
I dont think it's going to be as good as other seasons, due to being at smaller juco level school. But still got my popcorn ready

I’m not even familiar with that school, so I don’t know how it is in size compared to the prior schools.

Thank you Jesus! I did not even know they filmed another season. A school in Oakland? This will be so different from the first 4 seasons.

Advertisement
I’m from the Bay Area. Richmond, Ca(coach carter movie)to be exact. Juco ball in California is so different because most players who come from out of state are really in the struggle. Scholarships, meal plans and dorms aren’t offered, that’s why you see players like Hollywood Brown working minimum wage jobs to make it.

Laney is ran by legendary coach Beam. I was born in 96 but from what all the OGs say he ran OAL(Oakland Athletic League) went to Laney and was dominant there. While Laney doesn’t have the big name players like city college or send players to as big of schools. He’s a great coach and their players are dogs. I’m excited to see it. I believe this past year they has a bit of a down year compared to the year before when they won a ship in California

Advertisement
What makes last chance u so great, is some of these players were highly recruited before the got to juco. It was interesting to see how they handle their 2 and and last chance to get into P5. Juco basketball is just a sad state, cause good players always end up at school no matter how bad their grades our.

I’m from the Bay Area. Richmond, Ca(coach carter movie)to be exact. Juco ball in California is so different because most players who come from out of state are really in the struggle. Scholarships, meal plans and dorms aren’t offered, that’s why you see players like Hollywood Brown working minimum wage jobs to make it.

Laney is ran by legendary coach Beam. I was born in 96 but from what all the OGs say he ran OAL(Oakland Athletic League) went to Laney and was dominant there. While Laney doesn’t have the big name players like city college or send players to as big of schools. He’s a great coach and their players are dogs. I’m excited to see it. I believe this past year they has a bit of a down year compared to the year before when they won a ship in California

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for something real from somebody that was actually from the area. Sounds like it will be interesting. Also, didn’t know it was so basic at the Cali jucos. The other schools that they had on the show were nothing fancy, but at least those guys were fed and housed, f it was just the school cafeteria and shltty dorms. Doesn’t sound like they get much of anything out there.

Advertisement
Are you fūcking kidding me? Not football but juco roundball? Give me one reason why should be interested in that. I mean you’re right I might watch it anyway but still
I wish I was just kidding. It's sooo many more other schools they could have explored. Maybe they'll see ppl won't be as interested in juco bball like how we are for football.

I wish I was just kidding. It's sooo many more other schools they could have explored. Maybe they'll see ppl won't be as interested in juco bball like how we are for football.

yeah, it’s not rocket science. There is absolutely no way the interest level is 1/10 of what it is for football, especially that brand of basketball. Honestly, high school basketball would be way more interesting, if you focus on several of the top 50 or 100 players in the country. I’m afraid the guys in juco are 1000 players removed from that talent level usually.

Who in **** wanna watch juco basketball.

You gotta be one sorry af player to play JUCO basketball. idk about the drama that can be had from JUCO hoops, but I do know the basketball is sorry af. There are a ton of places to play basketball before you go to a JUCO. Bottom of the barrel. Really is Last Chance U tbh. Its the last place you ever playing.

The last player that went JUCO to draft in the NBA was like 15 years ago.

Advertisement
Thanks for the info. I was hoping for something real from somebody that was actually from the area. Sounds like it will be interesting. Also, didn’t know it was so basic at the Cali jucos. The other schools that they had on the show were nothing fancy, but at least those guys were fed and housed, f it was just the school cafeteria and shltty dorms. Doesn’t sound like they get much of anything out there.

All depends on a schools budget when it comes to football, bc they are all division 1. For example baseball which is massive in Juco has 3 divisions. D1 can give athletic and housing money. D2 can only give athletic. D3 can’t give any money. But like I was saying it all depends on budgets. I know plenty of D1 jucos I played who couldn’t afford to give housing money. It all depends on what region you are in and your budget to determine what division you are in, not how good you are.

Watching 1st episode now. The play by play announcer sounds like Rob Schneider in the movie Necessary Roughness haha

Advertisement
Back