OT: Kraft's Palm Beach Charges Dropped

Advertisement
I live in Jupiter and he got off becasue JPD wanted to take the case instead of handing it off to the big boys. they didnt have the money or resources to put something together to even attempt to take him down. If they passed it off to the feds they actual have the funds to go against him it may be a different story
Are you suggesting he was part of the trafficking?

Are you suggesting he was part of the trafficking?

Half the people on this board have smoked a blunt or done a line at their dealers establishment. So I’m sure they would agree that they deserve the same time that their dealer should get.

Advertisement
I live in Jupiter and he got off becasue JPD wanted to take the case instead of handing it off to the big boys. they didnt have the money or resources to put something together to even attempt to take him down. If they passed it off to the feds they actual have the funds to go against him it may be a different story

“Take him down” for a hand job?

LOL - how about a little perspective... he must be the Al Capone of happy endings.

Writing as a criminal defense attorney I have 2 major points about this.
1. why are we still wasting time, money and resources policing and prosecuting prostitution between consenting adults? who cares if an old, young, or middle aged man, gets his rocks off in a massage and tug (not so lawyerly). Crimes of immorality are absurd.
2. Why would a billionaire waste his time and accept exposure by taking a limo to a run down massage parlor? Spend a few of those billions and have the woman come to you.

Advertisement
1. why are we still wasting time, money and resources policing and prosecuting prostitution between consenting adults? who cares if an old, young, or middle aged man, gets his rocks off in a massage and tug (not so lawyerly). Crimes of immorality are absurd.
2. Why would a billionaire waste his time and accept exposure by taking a limo to a run down massage parlor? Spend a few of those billions and have the woman come to you.

Exactly. He’s a rich idiot, which is not a crime. He’s guilty of some kind of solicitation I suppose, but if it had happened to an average guy with no record there’s a great chance for some kind of low end judicial remediation even with an inexpensive attorney.... or are we trying to convict him because he’s rich and we don’t like it.

Now *** trafficking is a different matter. It’s a crime against humanity. But that’s not the charge.

I wonder how many people here have been to a gentleman’s club and gotten a handy off in a corner or a private room. I personally wouldn’t know anything about that but I’ve heard it happens.

I am a criminal defense attorney down here and I actually represented two of the girls working at spas connected with the investigation.

The biggest shame in this whole thing is how they railroaded my clients. Both of them were low level workers giving the massages and both were charged with Racketeering and Conspiracy which are both 1st degree felonies (In Florida this type of felony is the most seriously short of a capital life case).

When the warrants were served my clients bond was set in excess of 100k and immigration holds were placed on both of them so even if they could post bond they'd immediately go into ICE custody.

Fortunately I was able to get all charges reduced to misdemeanors and my clients got time served but they have been forever traumatized. Law enforcement tried to say they were the victims in the case but they were treated much worse than any of the johns. The whole thing is a joke and left me extremely disgusted with the whole process

As to the second part of your question, billionaires are cheap, that's why. I have the warrants and IIRC the going rate was 60 for a hand job and 100 for a ********.

You could make a public health argument about other forms, but I'm pretty sure there's no big issues with a handy other than morals.

Advertisement
I am a criminal defense attorney down here and I actually represented two of the girls working at spas connected with the investigation.

The biggest shame in this whole thing is how they railroaded my clients. Both of them were low level workers giving the massages and both were charged with Racketeering and Conspiracy which are both 1st degree felonies (In Florida this type of felony is the most seriously short of a capital life case).

When the warrants were served my clients bond was set in excess of 100k and immigration holds were placed on both of them so even if they could post bond they'd immediately go into ICE custody.

Fortunately I was able to get all charges reduced to misdemeanors and my clients got time served but they have been forever traumatized. Law enforcement tried to say they were the victims in the case but they were treated much worse than any of the johns. The whole thing is a joke and left me extremely disgusted with the whole process

As to the second part of your question, billionaires are cheap, that's why. I have the warrants and IIRC the going rate was 60 for a hand job and 100 for a ********.
I don't know if its worse to prosecute the men or women. I've defended both in Atlanta and its all stupid unless it is forced prostitution.

I will tell you a story you will find amusing. I defended a guy who ran an apartment out of which different women worked. No force, the women set their own schedules. The prosecutor was a crusader and would not budge off of jail time and he ultimately got 2 years, of which her served 1 before being released on parole. In my conversations with the prosecutor she told me that regardless of age and consent, every woman working as a prostitute is a victim. Not necessarily of the specific man but of something bad in life which lead to that occupation.

6 months later in a different case I was representing a woman in a similar apartment, prostitution case involving lots of men and women. I called the prosecutor and when she asked who I was representing on this case, I told her "a victim". To the prosecutor's credit and consistency, she laughed and realized her own words meant I was getting a dismissal. But not until my client was debriefed as a potential witness. The problem was that my client was 35 years old, and was incredulous at the idea of being called a victim or the idea that anyone forced her to be a prostitute. Her reasons for prostituting was that she made good money, set her own hours and only accepted the clients she wanted. Needless to say, she was not used as a witness.

Cheap billionaires should be an oxymoron but maybe thats how they became billionaires.

Exactly. He’s a rich idiot, which is not a crime. He’s guilty of some kind of solicitation I suppose, but if it had happened to an average guy with no record there’s a great chance for some kind of low end judicial remediation even with an inexpensive attorney.... or are we trying to convict him because he’s rich and we don’t like it.

Now *** trafficking is a different matter. It’s a crime against humanity. But that’s not the charge.

I wonder how many people here have been to a gentleman’s club and gotten a handy off in a corner or a private room. I personally wouldn’t know anything about that but I’ve heard it happens.
I heard it happens as well

Advertisement
Agreed but short of *** trafficking it is just consenting adults. Let's spend the resources on *** trafficking and not a rub and tug.
I have no problem with the concept of paying a consenting adult to massage my monolithic genitalia. I have a problem when there's *** trafficking involved though because that removes the consent in my eyes.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ert-kraft-court-bars-massage-parlor-***-video
D2C3D32F-BAD6-4B9A-AB26-758EBB8B7DAC.jpeg

FYI, good job on the reductions.

Advertisement
Back