OT....Kawhi and Paul George to the Clippers

If we are willing to take Westbrook contract, we might as well due the beal/wall deal. Either situation I’m happy

The trade for herro, bam, and justice is laughable. I’d give dragic waiters/olynk/Johnson and a first but not much more.

I would also much rather make a wall/Beal trade but it would take trading most of our teams depth to match the salaries of a deal like that. What about when it comes to resigning Beal? In a perfect world we could trade a young guy olynk and a 1st for Beal alone

Advertisement
Respect to Kawai telling the Lakers to go to ****. Would've been easy to go on Lebrons superteam and win a bunch of ships.

Honestly, big winner imo is OKC. Getting 5 unprotected first round draft picks is no joke. They are the type of team that builds better through the draft. Same with other smaller market teams.

One of the heats picks in that trade is protected

Advertisement
I could see the Orlando Magic going after Westbrook. They obviously need a PG, and could offer Aaron Gordon, DJ Augustin, Evan Fournier, and a 1st round protected pick to make it happen. That's just one of many scenarios they could conjure up to make it work if they want to.

Would love to see this but would hate to lose Gordon to do it.

Gordon was the only guy who stepped up when everybody else was falling apart against the Raptors.

I think he still has a lot of room to grow.

Westbrook is an aging athletic guard. His production could fall off a cliff at anytime.

If we are not guaranteed another free agent star, I think I would pass on this scenario, as awesome as it would be to get Russ in a Magic uniform.

It's going to be interesting to see if OKC trades Westbrook before the season or if they hold out for a better offer. They're really under no imminent timetable to get the deal done. OKC is already receiving a bunch of draft picks for the Paul George trade, so I doubt they want a bunch more draft picks in a Westbrook deal. It'd create a roster imbalance and, even if it worked out and they drafted well, they'd run into the problem of good players coming up for their second contract around the same time.
Would love to see this but would hate to lose Gordon to do it.

Gordon was the only guy who stepped up when everybody else was falling apart against the Raptors.

I think he still has a lot of room to grow.

Westbrook is an aging athletic guard. His production could fall off a cliff at anytime.

If we are not guaranteed another free agent star, I think I would pass on this scenario, as awesome as it would be to get Russ in a Magic uniform.
I am pretty sure to make it work we’d have to trade Gordon because Vucevic is unlikely to be traded (OKC has Adams and it just doesn’t seem right ORL would do that right after re-signing him). We could definitely work without Gordon given the roster makeup. I get the vibe we aren’t going hard after Russ, though.

As much as West is revered today, i can only imagine the heat he would have received if his career was during the social media era.

OKC just wants to dump that awful contract , they know they won’t be getting much back.

Advertisement
It's going to be interesting to see if OKC trades Westbrook before the season or if they hold out for a better offer. They're really under no imminent timetable to get the deal done. OKC is already receiving a bunch of draft picks for the Paul George trade, so I doubt they want a bunch more draft picks in a Westbrook deal. It'd create a roster imbalance and, even if it worked out and they drafted well, they'd run into the problem of good players coming up for their second contract around the same time.
I am pretty sure to make it work we’d have to trade Gordon because Vucevic is unlikely to be traded (OKC has Adams and it just doesn’t seem right ORL would do that right after re-signing him). We could definitely work without Gordon given the roster makeup. I get the vibe we aren’t going hard after Russ, though.

I agree with most of this, but am hesitant to take on the salary for a guy like Westbrook for an asset like Gordon.

You take a player like Westbrook to make a run at the title NOW. Orlando is growing but are still very young. His production could drop and make his salary an anchor before the team develops enough to truly contend.

But maybe with a guy like Russ, Orlando becomes an instantly attractive market for other all stars and vet role players.

I guess I’m just leery of athletic guards with a lot of wear on the tires after Steve Francis.

Lauzin calling his shot?
Hmmm...

Better not give up Winslow/Bam. I think Woj said OKC just wants cap relief. Minnesota wouldn't even do Russ for Wiggins straight up. His contract is that bad.

Advertisement
Heat really gonna let Tyler Herro and Bam hold up a Westbrook trade?

C'mom man.

Riley showing that Kentucky bias maybe.
I’ll keep herro since he already sign and can’t be traded for 30 days. But they better trade Winslow and bam if it’s enough to get you Westbrook

Advertisement
Better not give up Winslow/Bam. I think Woj said OKC just wants cap relief. Minnesota wouldn't even do Russ for Wiggins straight up. His contract is that bad.

Toronto either.

A horrible contract that’ll end when dude has left prime . A pg that depends on nothing but his athletic ability. A ball hog that’s usage rate is through the roof and is an awful shooter. Then chills when he’s playing off the ball , while not putting much effort into d.

Other than that it should workout great.

Btw , what money or contracts can miami give up? Cap expert said Miami can’t make any deal that’s one dollar more than what they trade away.

So there has to be some big money somewhere on that roster to do this deal.

Btw , what money or contracts can miami give up? Cap expert said Miami can’t make any deal that’s one dollar more than what they trade away.

So there has to be some big money somewhere on that roster to do this deal.
Miami has plenty of contracts they could move. One of only teams that can because if you signed free agents none of them can be trade until December.

Dragic 19 million per year ( 1 year left)
Kelly olynyk 11 million per year ( 2 years left)
Winslow 13 million per year(3 years left)
Waiters 12 million per year(2 years left)
James Johnson 15 million per year(2 years left)

Those are contracts that could be used to get Westbrook

Plus the young assets( Winslow, herro, adebayo). They reportedly want 2 of them. They don’t have any picks they can trade based on rules but Miami could unprotect the pick that the thunder own of Miami and also swap a pick so they can draft that player earlier

Miami has plenty of contracts they could move. One of only teams that can because if you signed free agents none of them can be trade until December.

Dragic 19 million per year ( 1 year left)
Kelly olynyk 11 million per year ( 2 years left)
Winslow 13 million per year(3 years left)
Waiters 12 million per year(2 years left)
James Johnson 15 million per year(2 years left)

Those are contracts that could be used to get Westbrook

Plus the young assets( Winslow, herro, adebayo). They reportedly want 2 of them
Ok, I don’t follow miami . I just heard they were strapped with the cap. I didn’t know the roster or contracts situation. I knew dragic had a big deal though. That’s it.

Miami would be fools to give up anything worth a **** or assets. Okc wants to drop that contract , that’s it.

Make the money work , that’s it. Any play worth a **** would stay.

Advertisement
Back