OT: Joe Burrow opinion

Again, he throws a long and pretty ball but that’s. Trevor isn’t in the same league accuracy wise.

You said you hadn't seen a QB do what Burrow did to Bama through the air in years. 10 months ago Trevor Lawrence did it. That's why people keep bringing him up.

Advertisement
Your logic is based on hindsight. I rather fail with a top prospect than a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If you dont shoot you cant score. If any of the top QBs are available you take your favorite one. Actually what your saying is what the dolphins did last year lol lamar Jackson or Patrick mahomes wasnt worth a top pick lol. One more time, you cant score if you dont shoot.
neither mahomes nor Jackson were in the draft last year lol..my opinion is my opinion and it’s based on history. Lamar Jackson for instance, i would’ve taken with a top 10 pick. Why? Because he is a all time game changer. You put a system around him and let him be him. Same with mahomes. Too many franchises are looking for the next manning,luck, brees, Brady. It’s a cookie cutter system. That’s what Paxton lynch, mettenbergers get reached for. I don’t believe in taking a QB at the top pick because you need a qb. That theory fails most of the time. And history proves this..Broncos,browns, bills, jets, dolphins and a couple more have been drafting/reaching for QBs for years

neither mahomes nor Jackson were in the draft last year lol..my opinion is my opinion and it’s based on history. Lamar Jackson for instance, i would’ve taken with a top 10 pick. Why? Because he is a all time game changer. You put a system around him and let him be him. Same with mahomes. Too many franchises are looking for the next manning,luck, brees, Brady. It’s a cookie cutter system. That’s what Paxton lynch, mettenbergers get reached for. I don’t believe in taking a QB at the top pick because you need a qb. That theory fails most of the time. And history proves this..Broncos,browns, bills, jets, dolphins and a couple more have been drafting/reaching for QBs for years
So you would of took Lamar? Then that's my point. I'm not sure you kno what you saying lol. If you like the talent you take it. You are confused. You said you wouldn't take none of the top guys based off your thoughts. Well somebody who is paid to make those decisions will likely take a few of these top prospects before the 10th pick. Just to be clear your saying if someone takes these guys early it's a mistake based off what you think? Sounds ridiculous

You reach for QBs cuz you dont have one. And you are trusting your talent evaluation. lamar Jackson was drafted in 2018. Today we are in 2019. So its last year lol.

Burrow might be the most accurate Qb Ive seen in a while

i still dont trust his arm... He can make back shoulder throws and all but his arm strengthi s a concern for me...Not that Tua has a stronger arm but Tua throws players open better to me.. I like a healthy Tua better... I've seen some nice throws from Burrows but I havent seen a throw where i'm like wow.... Ive seen that from Tua, Jamies, and other #1 Qb's over the years

Advertisement
the Fins will do what the fins do and pick a guy who is overrated. Tua would be an awful pick.

The progress he's made in one year, partially him and the system. It shoes what he can potentially do, so no disrespect with what I've said.

Still taking Tua over him and any QB for that matter. Guy was out there rocking a bum leg and still duking it out. The weird fumble he had, probably had a jolt of pain. Either way, there were multiple times where he would've run the ball, but didn't even attempt it. He kept it close, gave them a shot, but also had some very uncharacteristic plays.

He throws into coverage and hopes his guy out physicals the opponent. Not sure that works in the league

I haven't watch a ton of Burrow tape yet but the little i did watch, he wasn't just chucking it into coverage hoping his guy won. He was placing it in coverage where his guy could catch it.....and honestly, that IS the NFL. These windows college QBs are throwing into don't exist in the NFL. You have to have balls, timing and accuracy to hit your guy at the moment he clears because that window will close fast. It's why so many QBs fail. It's **** hard.

Baker is struggling bc his guys aren't open like they were at OU. Mariota struggled for the same reasons. You can't look at just stats anymore. You have to break down the tape, see the QB manipulate the defenders, see his placement, see his anticipation, see what translates to that next level game that is much much more difficult.

Advertisement
Bull****. That O is night and day since last year and his improvement and grasp of the O is the difference.
They’re also running a very different system this year. I like the kid a lot and where he may separate himself is his toughness and leadership though Tua is likely going to be rated highly there as well.

Dolphins better not fvck this up. Who am I kidding?

Goodell: "With the first pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...
...Steven Opella, Placekicker from the University of Nevada."

Freakin' Dolphins.

Fins about the **** this up by not even getting the first pick lol Bengals are out tanking them right now.

So you would of took Lamar? Then that's my point. I'm not sure you kno what you saying lol. If you like the talent you take it. You are confused. You said you wouldn't take none of the top guys based off your thoughts. Well somebody who is paid to make those decisions will likely take a few of these top prospects before the 10th pick. Just to be clear your saying if someone takes these guys early it's a mistake based off what you think? Sounds ridiculous
No man. I would’ve taken Lamar in the top ten because he was a top ten player in that draft imo.My thoughts are strictly based on the QBs in this class. I would not take tua or burrow in the top 10. Because imo there are better players in this draft. Especially if we talking about the number 1 pick. Neither are better then Murray imo. He went 1st overall last year. No QB in this years class are number 1 overall caliber. Personally I don’t think they are top ten talents in this draft class..Top 10 picks you pick the best player available..the only reason teams are gonna to pick tua or burrow in the top 5 is because they feel they NEED A QB..but neither of them are franchise changing QBs imo

Advertisement
Advertisement
No man. I would’ve taken Lamar in the top ten because he was a top ten player in that draft imo.My thoughts are strictly based on the QBs in this class. I would not take tua or burrow in the top 10. Because imo there are better players in this draft. Especially if we talking about the number 1 pick. Neither are better then Murray imo. He went 1st overall last year. No QB in this years class are number 1 overall caliber. Personally I don’t think they are top ten talents in this draft class..Top 10 picks you pick the best player available..the only reason teams are gonna to pick tua or burrow in the top 5 is because they feel they NEED A QB..but neither of them are franchise changing QBs imo
I get how you feel and understand. But I'm pretty sure there's going to be at least 3 QBs in the top 10.

1577586611154.jpeg

It’s really none of my business...

Bull****. That O is night and day since last year and his improvement and grasp of the O is the difference.

that’s part of his point. Brady has come in and completely changed that offense and has completely changed Burrow.

Burrow went from completing 58% of his passes to 78%. From 2800+ yards to 4800+ yards. From 16 TDs to 48 (and counting). Last year vs UM, he was 11/20 for 140 yards and no TDs. He’s a completely different player.

Advertisement
Back