OT - Jimmy Johnson's speech TIRED IN FOOTBALL MAKES YOU A COWARD

I said many times here...

You train like no other so you can be like no other.

Football season never ends 24-7 for winners .

Till we understand this we’ll struggle.

Football is NOT rocket science.

Games are won before games are even scheduled.

Many here and on this Canes team don’t understand this that’s why we’re here in this mess.

GOCANES

This post is for perry, he's got to have more pride inside and master this offense. So far i've never seen perry run the read option and keep the ball.

Advertisement
Yeah but JJ overruled stevens wanting to Run Highsmith. JJ wanted to pass and led to Ints. And yes Vinny has come around...remember hia son was on the team a few years ago.

B
No, it was Jimmy. Penn State was dropping back 8 most of the night. They were not going to let us beat them through the air while Highsmith was shredding them. Jimmy should have changed the game plan and ran it more until they defended the run and it would have opened up the pass.

IT WAS WIDE OPEN WRs! I can’t tell u how many times I’ve re-watched the game. Vinny threw all of his ints STRAIGHT to defenders w no receiver in the area. Wasn’t even under pressure! I think on one of the ints he was under a little duress, but his pocket was clean and he was playing catch w PSU.

Advertisement
Yeah but JJ overruled stevens wanting to Run Highsmith. JJ wanted to pass and led to Ints. And yes Vinny has come around...remember hia son was on the team a few years ago.
It was amazing they were even close to winning that game in the 4th quarter considering how poorly Vinny played.

It was amazing they were even close to winning that game in the 4th quarter considering how poorly Vinny played.
when you turn the ball over 6 times ? and still can win the game with 20 seconds left, not only is that other NOT the second best in the country, your team is so much better than them it aint funny. How could Paterno stand at that podium and act like he had the best team, at least Tom Osborn was man enough to say something

when you turn the ball over 6 times ? and still can win the game with 20 seconds left, not only is that other NOT the second best in the country, your team is so much better than them it aint funny. How could Paterno stand at that podium and act like he had the best team, at least Tom Osborn was man enough to say something

The thing that gets everyone crazy is that even with the turnovers we absolutely dominated and destroyed that sorry Penn State team. It was ridiculous. The stats and boxscore is absurd.
Watch the game and it will get any Canes fan angry.

Advertisement
Thats not what happened...JJ wanted to run....But Vinny was imploring him to keep throwing....JJ consented....but till this day says it was his worst FB blunder ever....Same thing happened with Dolphins...JJ wanted to run...Marino didn't....Marino even went so far to Audible JJs run calls....
This spot on.testaverde just won the heisman and wanted to show everyone he earned it.

Vinny very rarely comes around. He comes around when it benefits him. Besides that he has **** to do with this program because he knows all us old heads know he got bought. That's a crock of **** to try & blame Jimmy for that loss because #1 I really doubt he overruled run calls except in a very rare instance. Jimmy was all about a power run game especially when your qb was struggling in large part. #2 even if he did with the weapons that we had at wr & rb you'd have to be crazy to have a problem with that call. Hindsight you're gonna say if the run gets stopped why didnt we throw to Irvin or perriman... regardless that loss wasn't on Jimmy he just wont come out and put blame on them.

Advertisement
Yup...take away all that talent He inherited at UM, and Minnesota giving away a $h!t load of draft picks for Herschel, JJ's another run of the mill coach.
You should be banned for making some dumb *** sacrilegious comment like that. Did Jimmy slay some chick you had eyes on? Be better than that bruh

Advertisement
Jimmy lost his first three bowl games here, including Fiesta Bowl NC game with one of the most stacked teams in history.

He’s one of the greatest Canes ever, but he had issues just like every other coach.

He was learning, especially to win bowl games. I mention those loses often but remember Johnny Majors and Joe Pa were tremendous coaches who already had NC to thier credit. No doubt JJ should be in Ring.

He was an offensive Guru to a point...his Offensive gameplan against Bama in 93 was retardation 101....You run a 1 back to no back offense against 2 AA DLmen in Copeland and Curry??....with a turnstile OL to boot??...Torreta was a sitting Duck...LoL at 170lb Conley pass protecting... (if not spread out wide by snap)...

You could have had 5 TEs and 5RBs and we weren’t blocking that defensive front 7. Our offensive line was awful all year. Coach E won 2 NCs and almost a third if Costa makes a play against a loaded Nebraska team. You want to talk about bad gameplannig the 86 NC was the worst. Jimmy lost with superior talent all over the field. Alabama had too much up front in 92, nothing to do with game plan.

JJ makes you feel like:
Strap me up, pads are loaded, send me in, and let me kick some *** Coach,............JJ still got it...
He KNOWS how to fire up a room, and be deadly serious while doing so.
The guy is a Football Wizard.

Jimmy lost his first three bowl games here, including Fiesta Bowl NC game with one of the most stacked teams in history.

He’s one of the greatest Canes ever, but he had issues just like every other coach.
Not calling a timeout to set the refs straight in 88 at ND was a massive mistake. The refs admitted to completely messing up the call, so had they had an extra 60 seconds of JJ screaming at them the previous down and distance they would have HAD to make the correction. He should have done more in that situation.

That being said, he built upon what Howard had started, and deserves to be in the ring of honor.

Advertisement
Back