OT I've seen dudes at Milander Park who are better than James Harden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I know your trolling, but this has always been the case even back in the 90s. Tons of players who were better than the NBA players ended up getting killed or arrested before they could go to the NBA. Kyrie Irving used to not even be the best player in the Oranges, but the guys better than him got killed or locked up.

Lol it true
Team would hand check Harden off the 3 point line..

Advertisement
I know your trolling, but this has always been the case even back in the 90s. Tons of players who were better than the NBA players ended up getting killed or arrested before they could go to the NBA. Kyrie Irving used to not even be the best player in the Oranges, but the guys better than him got killed or locked up.
This.....even in places like Chicago and L.A.....**** even Miami with some baseball players who dove into the drug trade and scene.
However....the Beard is a baller but NBA is much softer than before.

Could y'all even imagine this Houston team going head-to-head with the 93 Knicks?

Lol It would be a ******' massacre!

This.....even in places like Chicago and L.A.....**** even Miami with some baseball players who dove into the drug trade and scene.
However....the Beard is a baller but NBA is much softer than before.

All three statements are straight facts. You can be the best player in the city, guaranteed to make the NBA in 10 years, but that fast money for your fam looks to good and the ******* are after the drug dealers in HS not the guys who will be rich in 10 years assuming they don't get injured. Even if you don't get involved in the streets you could always catch a stray or **** off someone at the court thats gunna come back with the ratchet.

Agreed though the beard is nice as **** and the new rules turned it into a completely different game.

I still think the NBA implemented them to make it a more offensive type game because that is going to draw in more average viewers than lockdown defenders.

Advertisement
Could y'all even imagine this Houston team going head-to-head with the 93 Knicks?

Lol It would be a ******' massacre!

If they played today the Knicks wouldn't even be able to finish the game. They would be trotting out the water boy after everyone else fouled out.

Put user on ignore. Next time i will give an infraction.
Lol this idiot. But but but gangs and crime do good for the neighborhood... Anyways you guys are fools if you think those guys were NBA caliber.

Advertisement
the game has changed, sure.. THe rules are different..However, this whole argument is so stupid. Do you have any idea how much better of ahtletes these guys are today? How much better in shape they are? Do you think Patrick Ewing or Chalres Oakley would be able to play four quarters having to run the way the bigs need to nowadays? Do you think any guard on those knicks teams could keep up with a lebron or even harden as they push it so much faster than anything those 90s teams had to see? What was considered great defense on three point attempts back then, is considered horrible defense today. A late hand in the face ain't doing **** to curry or klay or harden or durant. The game has evolved as has its players.. Whats next ? You are going to tell me that the NFL rules of today are so soft that Brady would suck back in the 90s? **** is such a short sighted argument.

All three statements are straight facts. You can be the best player in the city, guaranteed to make the NBA in 10 years, but that fast money for your fam looks to good and the ******* are after the drug dealers in HS not the guys who will be rich in 10 years assuming they don't get injured. Even if you don't get involved in the streets you could always catch a stray or **** off someone at the court thats gunna come back with the ratchet.

Agreed though the beard is nice as **** and the new rules turned it into a completely different game.

I still think the NBA implemented them to make it a more offensive type game because that is going to draw in more average viewers than lockdown defenders.
Keepin it 100...I know of at least 8-10 guys who had way more talent than our peers who made it all the way to MLB. More than half lost it all by thinking they could do a few deals and just get out to continue baseball...
The were sitting in a cell looking at 15- 25 years up the road....tragic man
A few others succumbed to other of life's vices....

Well, that strategy has failed miserably. From '87 to '98 the Finals never had fewer than 15 million viewers...and the average was between 20 and 30 million. Since then, they've had 15 million viewers ONCE!

Advertisement
Keepin it 100...I know of at least 8-10 guys who had way more talent than our peers who made it all the way to MLB. More than half lost it all by thinking they could do a few deals and just get out to continue baseball...

Yeah that happened... tons of dudes about to be dropping "I knew a guy" and "back in my day" stories.

Put user on ignore. Next time i will give an infraction.
Lol this idiot. But but but gangs and crime do good for the neighborhood... Anyways you guys are fools if you think those guys were NBA caliber.

LMFAO not you again. What do you know about NBA caliber since all you did was run to and from school. There are plenty of NBA caliber players that died young. You know nothing if you disagree with that. 8th graders were balling on Kyrie as a freshman that ended up getting killed or locked up. Obviously they were NBA caliber.

Jason Kidd and Gary Payton both said Demtrius Mitchell was one of the most talented players they have ever seen. Ended up getting locked up.

Don't even get me started on boxing or MMA.

Anyway, just because gangs kill a handful of kids every year doesn't mean they aren't a key part of the community. Ask your grandpa what it was like in the 70s before the big street gangs starting keeping the mobs out of the neighborhood.

I can't stand the NBA, but what a dumb thread. Yes, there are some good players who never made it, streetball legends, but couldn't ultimately cut it playing elite level basketball. I'm talking college, forget about the NBA.

No doubt about it. I know a couple dudes in the NBA from around my way and they were not even close to the most athletic kids in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back