OT/ Isley Brothers & Earth, Wind & Fire

Brotha; I’m a young cat that APPRECIATE the legends. All this new music, I always be like, these young ninjas are going to fade ASAP. As we speak, I have the Greatest Hits of both The Isley Brothers and EW&F. Two of my all time favorite groups. Another band that don’t get a lot of love, is The GAP Band, and SOS Band. Timeless hits, beats, and lyrics that are still used today by younger artist.

But Ronald on that “I Got Work To Do” is just insane, along with “Groove With You.” Sheesh.
Charlie Wilson still going strong!

Advertisement
Oh trust me...Im well aware...I saw Teddy P in the Mid 80s.....In 86 I took my GF to see Cameo and Morris Day at the Prince Martha Ballroom @ The Playboy Club in St Pete Beach....This was a yr after he left the Time...He played stuff from his Solo Debut, Color of Success....Cameo of course played...Candy....Shes Strange...etc...( My GF at the time was Smokin Hot...originally from Mississippi...her best friend was even finer....im talking 80s fine...Concert was outta control...
Man that sounded like a great ******* time my brother! WOW! I have so much respect for his body of work I would have loved the opportunity to attend a concert of his. It don't hurt u got to see cameo also!

Brotha; I’m a young cat that APPRECIATE the legends. All this new music, I always be like, these young ninjas are going to fade ASAP. As we speak, I have the Greatest Hits of both The Isley Brothers and EW&F. Two of my all time favorite groups. Another band that don’t get a lot of love, is The GAP Band, and SOS Band. Timeless hits, beats, and lyrics that are still used today by younger artist.

But Ronald on that “I Got Work To Do” is just insane, along with “Groove With You.” Sheesh.
@Rellyrell my Top Dog....I saw SOS Band...The Barkays and the Gap Band in Lauderdale in 85.....Love em....SOS Bands lead singer was a Bad..Bad Girl....

The second biggest fraud next to Milli Vanilli was naming that group Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes. Teddy Pendergrass WAS the group. Best ad lib artist … ever.
Teddy would literally just go on a solo bit sannnnnging to the ladies. I recall seeing his story, and how many wet panty draws would be thrown at him while he would just go off. **** yeah, HE WAS THE GROUP.

Advertisement
Man that sounded like a great ******* time my brother! WOW! I have so much respect for his body of work I would have loved the opportunity to attend a concert of his. It don't hurt u got to see cameo also!
Larry Blackmon was a Bad MFer...Entire Band was from NYC....Blackmon is a Prestigious Juilliard Grad....Band moved to Atlanta and the rest is History....

@Rellyrell my Top Dog....I saw SOS Band...The Barkays and the Gap Band in Lauderdale in 85.....Love em....SOS Bands lead singer was a Bad..Bad Girl....
Bro; I’m so envious right now. Dude I’m in love with SOS band, bro. Like they don’t get the love they deserve. Uncle Charlie (who I met several yrs ago, and is cool af) is still revered by younger artist, but man SOS band’s lyrics or rhythm patterns were jacked by A LOT of younger artist and wasn’t given credit or just due

Advertisement
Larry Blackmon was a Bad MFer...Entire Band was from NYC....Blackmon is a Prestigious Juilliard Grad....Band moved to Atlanta and the rest is History....
But Cameo has two different lives. You have “Candy”, “Word Up“, “Back and Forth” Cameo and “I’m a lonely man” Cameo

Hendrix actually lived with the Isleys and played with them....Hendrix always ranted and raved about Ernie...
Another guy Jimi always raved about was Curtis Mayfield, a name you wouldnt expect to hear when you talk about guitar work.

That's a whole nother thread. Underrated guitarists. Ernie, Curtis, and Prince definitely on the list.

Just this a.m...I started listening to the Very Best of each Band (I'm talking on an A+ System W/Headphones) and it's staggering that those two Bands put out the Music they did...Even though you already know how Great they were...everytime you go back to them they're Better than ever...The Vocals are simply unapproachable....The Instrumentals (with Ronald Isleys Brother on Lead in the backround) are beyond stupendous...I know at 59 I'm Old School...but that's okay...Just keeping it real...They (Both Bands) were the Epitome of Greatness....
If you have it on vinyl and listen on really good equipment and headphones it’s pure magic.
EWF are a national treasure musically.

Advertisement
Bro; I’m so envious right now. Dude I’m in love with SOS band, bro. Like they don’t get the love they deserve. Uncle Charlie (who I met several yrs ago, and is cool af) is still revered by younger artist, but man SOS band’s lyrics or rhythm patterns were jacked by A LOT of younger artist and wasn’t given credit or just due
Saw Midnight Star and Egyptian Lover in 86..in Miami....The opening act for them was a Miami Band called Company B....to make a long story short....I ended up kinda dating one of the Company Bs singers....I have some photos of us I'll dig up...but used to Bar Hop with her throughout Miami for a Good 6 months...VIP wherever I went...Not to long ago I was able to rekindle our friendship via Social Media....

Saw Midnight Star and Egyptian Lover in 86..in Miami....The opening act for them was a Miami Band called Company B....to make a long story short....I ended up kinda dating one of the Company Bs singers....I have some photos of us I'll dig up...but used to Bar Hop with her throughout Miami for a Good 6 months...VIP wherever I went...Not to long ago I was able to rekindle our friendship via Social Media....
Midnight Star and Atlantic Star both held it down at that time, surprised nobody sued.

Advertisement
Kool and the Gang as well as The Commodores are also great.
Roy Ayers as well. A lot of good music came around that time before it went all disco and electronic.

Lori was Fine af....(far right)
R-164384-1206995291.jpeg.jpg

Between the sheets was a really good song also. It was always one of my favorites from the Isley brothers. "Reasons" from earth, wind, and fire is a classic as well
They had bigger hits, but Reasons and Devotion always standout to me.

You will be hard pressed to find a group of guys who can outdo there harmony in September.

Advertisement
Back