OT/ Isley Brothers & Earth, Wind & Fire

Advertisement
Advertisement
l
Between the sheets was a really good song also. It was always one of my favorites from the Isley brothers. "Reasons" from earth, wind, and fire is a classic as well!
Lead Singer for the Stylistics Russell Thompkins Jr is without question Top 5 Vocalists ever....right there with Gaye...Maurice White and Phillip Bailey..

l

Lead Singer for the Stylistics Russell Thompkins Jr is without question Top 5 Vocalists ever....right there with Gaye...Maurice White and Phillip Bailey..
I'm not too familiar with the individual names but I'm pretty good with my groups especially for a guy my age. With that being said the lead vocalist for the spinners was a bad boy himself lol

Advertisement
I'm not too familiar with the individual names but I'm pretty good with my groups especially for a guy my age. With that being said the lead vocalist for the spinners was a bad boy himse

l

CaneInOrlando, Teddy was a bad boy himself and my personal favorite and I just found out from my old head friend that he used to be a part of Melvin and the Bluenotes as their lead vocalist

I'm not too familiar with the individual names but I'm pretty good with my groups especially for a guy my age. With that being said the lead vocalist for the spinners was a bad boy himself lol
Thompkins Jr voice was insane....Loved Gaye as well....Sisters LOVED him...especially with Tammy Terrell (RIP)
After she passed from Cancer....Marvin was never the same....completely Destroyed him...

Advertisement
CaneInOrlando, Teddy was a bad boy himself and my personal favorite and I just found out from my old head friend that he used to be a part of Melvin and the Bluenotes as their lead vocalist
Oh trust me...Im well aware...I saw Teddy P in the Mid 80s.....In 86 I took my GF to see Cameo and Morris Day at the Prince Martha Ballroom @ The Playboy Club in St Pete Beach....This was a yr after he left the Time...He played stuff from his Solo Debut, Color of Success....Cameo of course played...Candy....Shes Strange...etc...( My GF at the time was Smokin Hot...originally from Mississippi...her best friend was even finer....im talking 80s fine...Concert was outta control...

Advertisement
This a thread I can get behind. I’m a young cat but I grew up with my folks listening to Earth Wind and Fire, Isley Brothers, George Clinton, Parliament/Funkadelic.

I was born to “not just knee deep” playing in the hospital
Was just listening to JUICY by MTUME..
(James Mtume was a Genius)...And I dare you to find a Woman's Vocals with the range of Tawatha Agee's (Lead Singer)

Brotha; I’m a young cat that APPRECIATE the legends. All this new music, I always be like, these young ninjas are going to fade ASAP. As we speak, I have the Greatest Hits of both The Isley Brothers and EW&F. Two of my all time favorite groups. Another band that don’t get a lot of love, is The GAP Band, and SOS Band. Timeless hits, beats, and lyrics that are still used today by younger artist.

But Ronald on that “I Got Work To Do” is just insane, along with “Groove With You.” Sheesh.

The second biggest fraud next to Milli Vanilli was naming that group Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes. Teddy Pendergrass WAS the group. Best ad lib artist … ever.

Advertisement
Back