OT: Is It Happening? Alabama in Hot Water

Anytime there is a cheating scandal in any sport you can be certain UNC will be involved. It’s amazing they have to cheat to be that bad at football and it always surprises me how they walk away clean and how @JBCanes-NC continues to root for them with such a passion.

Advertisement
I disagree that it will be a bunch of nothing. The FBI is involved and we all know uncle sam wants his money. This cash is getting exchanged tax free. If they would have broke off the government with a percentage they wouldn't be in this position.
I could not agree more. They certainly are not concerned about stopping it. They just want there cut!!!!

Advertisement
Saban right now
5110F2D6-E493-479D-92F0-C76B2780402A.gif

Advertisement
I tell you again, this ain't gonna stop until you put a couple of recruits' family members behind bars for tax evasion....
... only then would the squealing start.

This wont happen as most of the players are now making millions and will just have to pay the back taxes on it. Only reason government is even involved is because they arent getting their cut.

Anytime there is a cheating scandal in any sport you can be certain UNC will be involved. It’s amazing they have to cheat to be that bad at football and it always surprises me how they walk away clean and how @JBCanes-NC continues to root for them with such a passion.

But we need to bring back butch.

"Cooperating witness Louis Martin “Marty” Blazer testified Tuesday that he paid between several hundred and several thousand dollars each to family members or associates of football players from Pitt, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Northwestern, North Carolina and Alabama between 2010-14. "
Is it wrong that my first thought was that Pitt, Northwestern and UNC are going to take the fall while PSU, Michigan, ND and of course Alabaga skate?

Advertisement
Saban could be caught red handed on video, handing over stacks of cash to recruits on a yacht while strippers he's paid for suck off recruits...

...and not a god**** thing would happen. You know it, I know it, we all know it. So let's pump the brakes on any celebrations just yet.

Advertisement
I'll believe it when I see it. They could have Nick Saban on video handing out duffel bags and they would walk.

If I was a US attorney working this, I'd want to go after juniors declaring. Work with the IRS and FBI to deminstrate declared low/no income while showing evidence of benefits and unpaid taxes. Threaten to file a charge in April just before the draft. That's leverage. Get the kids to become corroborating witnesses in exchange for immunity. Get names of bagmen, warrants for surveillance based in CI affidavits, and go to town.

Advertisement
Back