OT is back???

Advertisement
We could use the depth at RB. I'm not ready to trust Hagnes, Edwards or Elder toting the rock.

Duke, Dallas and OT sounds good to me.

Hope it's official.

OT often doesn't get the respect I think he's entitled to. He runs hard, he's quick, and he's got a great attitude and work ethic. He'll be good to have around for Corn and Gus, too.

always has great hands out of the backfield. i always say, i love elder potential but he carrys the ball loose and will have a fumbling issue if its not corrected quick

Advertisement
Hagens ran for over 3000 yards in HS. Would love to see him get 5+ carries a game.

Advertisement
Hagens ran for over 3000 yards in HS. Would love to see him get 5+ carries a game.

I agree. He looked like a sledgehammer in the spring game and unlike not touching the qb, they were trying to lay some licks on rb's.
Clements back may be good for morale and the locker room but all he does is add depth just in case something tragic happens to 4 rb's in front of him.
Good special teams player but not much of a running back.
In 3 years he's had less than 190 yards total.
Before he got hurt he was our short yardage back which I never understood.
He's 190lbs and Hagens is 250.
Good guy. Good Teammate. Good ST player. Shouldn't get any carries as a rb this year over Duke, Dallas, Hagens, Gus or Corn.

I agree. He looked like a sledgehammer in the spring game and unlike not touching the qb, they were trying to lay some licks on rb's.
Clements back may be good for morale and the locker room but all he does is add depth just in case something tragic happens to 4 rb's in front of him.
Good guy. Good Teammate. Good ST player. Shouldn't get any carries as a rb this year over Duke, Dallas, Hagens, Gus or Corn.

you are telling me Gus, Hagens, and Corn all better than Clements? OH LAWD. The guy is injury prone but the guy is a beast. You will be one of the dudes surprised when he rushes for 4-5 ypc this year. Its his time.

And with Duke, Dallas, Clements, Hagans, I would say our backfield is VASTLY underrated by our own fans.

And with Duke, Dallas, Clements, Hagans, I would say our backfield is VASTLY underrated by our own fans.

Huh? take Duke out of the equation and this is one of the worst backfields in the ACC. Lets not get Kendall Thompson fever about Dallas Crawford just yet. and OT is a good 3RD OPTION. hagans is a good blocking fullback.

Advertisement

you are telling me Gus, Hagens, and Corn all better than Clements? OH LAWD. The guy is injury prone but the guy is a beast. You will be one of the dudes surprised when he rushes for 4-5 ypc this year. Its his time.

Just what has Clements done in college to make you believe he's a beast, or even deserving of being in the 3 deep? 4-5ypc at the end of the game in a blowout doesn't mean much. I am not one of the people who think we should save the miles on Duke for the pro's. I say we keep Duke in until he waves to the sideline. If we only have Duke for 3 years I say let's not waste this time.
Duke terrifies opposing coaches. Clements makes them relieved.
As I said, Good Guy, Great Teammate, a Good Cane but if we need him to carry any type of load this year then we will be in trouble.

Huh? take Duke out of the equation and this is one of the worst backfields in the ACC. Lets not get Kendall Thompson fever about Dallas Crawford just yet. and OT is a good 3RD OPTION. hagans is a good blocking fullback.

This. Clements and Crawford have a combined 45 career rushing attempts and only 3 touchdowns. And Hagens is a fullback.

Advertisement

LULZ @ "take Duke out of the equation"

Clements was OK before the injury. If people saw more than that then they were watching different games than me. We will see how he bounces back. He's a tough kid and will give us everything he's got.

Advertisement
Back