OT: Illegal hit

Looks to me like a kid that let the excitement of the play get in the way of good judgment. I doesn't look to me like he intentionally went for a dirty hit.

Advertisement
Is it a penalty? Yep. Dirty? Sure. Targeting? Absolutely. THE END. The fact that this made national news is indicative of how soft this country is. Throw the flag. Eject the idiot and shut the heck up already.

bang.gif

Is it a penalty? Yep. Dirty? Sure. Targeting? Absolutely. THE END. The fact that this made national news is indicative of how soft this country is. Throw the flag. Eject the idiot and shut the heck up already.
CBS has a national news story about how we "stole" a victory against Duke because of The Return. If it was a Cane who made that hit, he'd already be on his way to a supermax for the Epstein special.

Advertisement
Cheap shot, but I can live with the DL forgetting the QB was down by rule. No excuse, though. He should know the rules.

Flag, ejection, and suspension upheld.

I've seen this called the dirtiest play of the season. What do you think? I can understand it being a penalty, but I don't think the Toledo player was thinking about hurting the QB. Contrast to the Louisville-Miami game where the Louisville player standing on JWs leg was intentional and deliberately trying to injure.
Stupid play and kid thought he was in the NFL for a sec. Just like Nesta last week. I don't think it was dirty. Just stupid.

Advertisement
I mean it was a cheap shot, myself having a son that plays football I hate seeing things like that but hey, it's kind of the nature of football

I think some face mask penalties should be ejections. Some of the targeting calls are soft. I can see the 15 yard penalty but ejecting a player on some borderline call isn’t right. But some face mask penalties you can tell are straight deliberate. Like the one Louisville did this last game to Harley. Dudes stay holding on to the face mask and players get turned around is some dangerous *** sht imo.

the worst part was that not one of the officials threw the flag on the field. the booth had to buzz down to stop play right as the center was about to hike the ball. how none of the officials on the field saw the hit last night is really dumbfounding.
Yet T. Porter throws a flag from clear cross the endzone on the last play of the game!?!!??!

Advertisement
They keep ******* around and they'll put in the "Can't put full body weight on QB while tackling" rule.

Jack Lambert in the 1970's said it best:

"Maybe we should put dresses on Quarterbacks."

Toledo hit was targeting though.

Huh? the video I just watched on the link they threw a flag immediately. Do you mean the fact they did not throw the flag for targeting but just a regular unnecessary roughness penalty?

But I agree, def targeting, warranted the suspension, don't think it was intentional (he intentionally hit the **** out of him) but based on his reaction he seemed to forget in college once you fall you can''t get back up. Dumb stupid moronic yes but dirty is a subjective word and at least for me this didn't get to the level of dirty.
It was for a late hit not targeting when I was obvious it was. Watched it live...I personally don’t think he thought he was down but it looks real bad from a officiating standpoint as well.

It’s a late hit. Not much more than that.

But to say this is some kind of out there dirty play? We’ve all seen many plays that are worse, much worse.

Loserville had four dirty plays that I counted. I was impressed how we kept our heads. I’m a little old school for today’s game, but I would have been head hunting after the second facemask on Harley. His head did a Linda Blair.

Advertisement
Once the former NFL players started suing the league and blaming it for their life after football, is when the game began to change. Blame starts there and their families
Is this really something that happened/is happening? Are you talking cte or general wear and tear on Their body or suing them for late hits/uncalled penalties?

I've seen this called the dirtiest play of the season. What do you think? I can understand it being a penalty, but I don't think the Toledo player was thinking about hurting the QB. Contrast to the Louisville-Miami game where the Louisville player standing on JWs leg was intentional and deliberately trying to injure.

Brutal?

What?

Seriously? Brutal?

What the fvck?

Author’s name is Gaydos. Yes seriously Gaydos. Does that translate to twice as *** in Spanish?

Explains everything.

Thought I was about to see a guy getting his neck broke. In reality twice as *** is reeling ing in views with clickbait.

Agree. Bunch of idiots commenting on articles about how he should have been charged criminally. LOL jesus. No, you clowns, he should have been penalized 15 yards and ejected for targeting, which he was. It was a dirty *** play, don't get me wrong. But football penalties are handled on the field, players don't run to the government when their feelings are hurt.
A JV baseball coach in NJ just got sued for telling a player to slide. **** actually got to a jury trial, and that's no bs. ******* crazy **** man.

Advertisement
Back