OT: Illegal hit

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium

I've seen this called the dirtiest play of the season. What do you think? I can understand it being a penalty, but I don't think the Toledo player was thinking about hurting the QB. Contrast to the Louisville-Miami game where the Louisville player standing on JWs leg was intentional and deliberately trying to injure.

Advertisement
the worst part was that not one of the officials threw the flag on the field. the booth had to buzz down to stop play right as the center was about to hike the ball. how none of the officials on the field saw the hit last night is really dumbfounding.

Toledo guy had his head turned when the QB hit the deck. Then he sees QB getting back up to his knees (at which point it should register that he is down) and still comes in to hit him helmet to helmet. Yeah it’s the right call.

edit: After watching it again, the defender saw the whole thing and still hit him.

the worst part was that not one of the officials threw the flag on the field. the booth had to buzz down to stop play right as the center was about to hike the ball. how none of the officials on the field saw the hit last night is really dumbfounding.

Huh? the video I just watched on the link they threw a flag immediately. Do you mean the fact they did not throw the flag for targeting but just a regular unnecessary roughness penalty?

But I agree, def targeting, warranted the suspension, don't think it was intentional (he intentionally hit the **** out of him) but based on his reaction he seemed to forget in college once you fall you can''t get back up. Dumb stupid moronic yes but dirty is a subjective word and at least for me this didn't get to the level of dirty.

There were flags immediately. They called it just a personal foul at first and then the booth reviewed for targeting.

With that said, the hit itself didn't seem like that big of a hit or dirty. Dumb play, not sure what he was thinking, but the hit wasn't that vicious at all.

Advertisement
I think that all the women and men that like men covering football are killing this sport. Yeah it was a hit that deserved a penalty but all the media hype surrounding it is over the top and unnecessary.
Agree. Bunch of idiots commenting on articles about how he should have been charged criminally. LOL jesus. No, you clowns, he should have been penalized 15 yards and ejected for targeting, which he was. It was a dirty *** play, don't get me wrong. But football penalties are handled on the field, players don't run to the government when their feelings are hurt.

Advertisement

WTF are you talking about? The ref clearly threw a flag, though it was for a regular personal foul/late hit instead of targeting.

Louisville was super dirty. The officials probably could have called about 250 yards of penalties on Louisville. As it was, they called about 150 yards.

I've seen this called the dirtiest play of the season. What do you think? I can understand it being a penalty, but I don't think the Toledo player was thinking about hurting the QB. Contrast to the Louisville-Miami game where the Louisville player standing on JWs leg was intentional and deliberately trying to injure.
Or the Louisville DB intentionally tackling Hartley by his facemask - a play after Hartley was tackled by his facemask.

Advertisement
Or the Louisville DB intentionally tackling Hartley by his facemask - a play after Hartley was tackled by his facemask.

I kind of lost track of all the penalties Louisville got away with, TBH. The only one I specifically remember is the one that should have taken away their first TD.

Otherwise, I just remember them committing a lot of penalties and getting called for some of them and getting away with others. I don’t really remember specifics about them standing on JW’s leg, or tackling Hartley by his facemask. It all kind of blended together.

Looks like the guy just lost focus and thought the QB might get up and run. That being said, why helmet to helmet him? He could have touched him and he'd be down, if the rule said he can get up and run. Just a dumb, dumb play. He deserved the ejection. I don't think he was being dirty, but he was being really careless.

Advertisement
He had his head turned and just instinctively tackled him, he had no idea if his knee was down and he was going full speed. If he was looking the whole time, yeah but he was not trying to hurt him. LMAO at criminal charges, AOC must've been watching.

Lol at this being the dirtiest play of the season.

Problem is, NFL & College have two different rules regarding players being considered down. I see this type of thing happen often. Technically, any time a player goes down and another player hits him afterwards should be considered a late hit in college, if we wanna throw the biyatchnassness in this game.

Tired of the media agendas.

Advertisement
Back